Should I be worried about not getting luggage delivered before second dining?

tissandtully

Original Poster
Hi all,

I'm going on my first DCL cruise this month on the Fantasy and I've seen conflicting reports on whether we should pack our cruise casual dining attire in our day bags in case our luggage isn't delivered on time. Is this something that happens a lot? Our room is on Deck 8 Cat. 5A and we have second dining. Would this be something only to worry about if we have first dining? It would make our on boarding so much easier if we didn't have to lug the extra clothes around. Thanks!

sweetpee_1993

Don't stress! We prefer 2nd seating & never had a problem getting our luggage w/time to spare for dinner. That said, we have learned to pack any items that might need pressing for our first night dinner in our carryons. We still put shoes & other things in the checked luggage. As soon as rooms are ready on embarkation day we go to our room, grab the laundry bag, and send our stuff that needs pressing for express service. We typically get it back within a few hours. Then, when the luggage comes we pile up everything else we need pressed for the rest of the cruise and send that for regular pressing service before we go to bed. We typically get the rest of the pressing back the next afternoon.

tissandtully

Original Poster
Don't stress! We prefer 2nd seating & never had a problem getting our luggage w/time to spare for dinner. That said, we have learned to pack any items that might need pressing for our first night dinner in our carryons. We still put shoes & other things in the checked luggage. As soon as rooms are ready on embarkation day we go to our room, grab the laundry bag, and send our stuff that needs pressing for express service. We typically get it back within a few hours. Then, when the luggage comes we pile up everything else we need pressed for the rest of the cruise and send that for regular pressing service before we go to bed. We typically get the rest of the pressing back the next afternoon.
Awesome, thank you!

CheshireCat12

Are there clothes irons in the staterooms or do you have to send all your ironing out?

sweetpee_1993

Are there clothes irons in the staterooms or do you have to send all your ironing out?
I send my ironing out because I hate that chore and it's not that expensive to have it done.

There are NOT irons in the staterooms because it's a fire hazard. They have to be super careful considering it's a ship. Fires on ships are particularly terrible. They DO have irons/ironing boards and I believe I've seen a steamer but I could be mistaken in the self-serve laundry rooms onboard. The washers & driers are for $2 a load/cycle but the irons are free to use.

CheshireCat12

I send my ironing out because I hate that chore and it's not that expensive to have it done.

There are NOT irons in the staterooms because it's a fire hazard. They have to be super careful considering it's a ship. Fires on ships are particularly terrible. They DO have irons/ironing boards and I believe I've seen a steamer but I could be mistaken in the self-serve laundry rooms onboard. The washers & driers are for $2 a load/cycle but the irons are free to use.
OK so I could go to the self serve laundry room- is there one on every deck?

Disneyfalcon

On the Dream and Fantasy there are 7 laundry rooms. There's basically one on every deck with staterooms with the exception of decks 11 and 12 which only have concierge rooms. They're on decks 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10.

On the Magic and Wonder there are 3. They're on decks 2, 6 and 7.

MaryJaneP

As Bobby McFerrin says, "Don't worry, be happy". We also prefer 2nd seating and you will most likely have luggage before dinner. But even if you don't, you will almost assuredly be seated and served in your main dining room. Relax and enjoy your cruise and surroundings. Have a great cruise.

wdwstateofmind

I'm going to be the one negative. It didn't bother me per se, but we had to ask about our luggage this May when everyone had theirs and 5 PM rolled around with ours no where to be seen (we drove to port and Disney never handled our luggage until we got there so that's where I think it was mixed up). I needed a suit in there for Remy too. If it gets too late I feel it never hurts to ask.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom