Should Herbie Replacing Indy Speedway

Indy Speedway

• Leave it as it is.

Votes: 18 22.5%
  • Scrap the entire attraction, and come up with something brand new...

Votes: 50 62.5%
  • Keep the track, and make it a Herbie ride

Votes: 12 15.0%

• Total voters

mkepcotmgmak

Original Poster
I for one am NOT a fan of the Indy Speedway. I think it takes up WAY too much land! I know it always has a line, but they could fit two attractions in that area!!!

BUT... if it has to stay, what are your thoughts on making the cars all little Herbies, that actually interact with the drivers... i.e., car shakes, winks, blinks, blows horn as in 'talking' to you, hood pops open and closes...???

nmj91385

I think that sounds great! As the ride is right now I don't think it's that amusing and deserves so much space. If they could update it with Herbie that would make it great!

dandaman

The only problem I have with the Herbie idea: Seeing 30 Herbies at once, driving around the track, when he's one-of-a-kind. I'd think this would detract from the magic... Nevertheless, they need to do something about Indy Speedway... (The "Cars" tie-in doesn't sound too good, either, IMO.)

imagineer boy

NO Herbie, and NO cars. Just scrap the Indy theme and make it sort of like DLP's autopia, with electric cars, cool themeing like hitch hiking aliens and robots, not to mention funny gag filled futurisitc bill boards.

mkepcotmgmak

Original Poster
General Grizz said:
If Herbie takes over, make it part of Fantasyland. :D

i actually voted to completely scrap it! i don't see how it really fits into tomorrowland or fantasyland (indy that is...)

mkepcotmgmak

Original Poster
Thrawn said:
Not Herbie. If the Pixar deal gets fixed, then theme it to CARS.

whether the pixar deal gets fixed or not, isn't cars already in production, and a release date set, giving disney the same rights to it as they have to all other pixar films?

i don't really see this movie being a huge success though...

i say scrap the entire area, and make room for something new!

nyfrenchy

mkepcotmgmak said:
I for one am NOT a fan of the Indy Speedway. I think it takes up WAY too much land! I know it always has a line, but they could fit two attractions in that area!!!

How about Jungle Cruise? In my opinion that one has the lowest fun/square feet ratio

crazydaveh

Leave it as is. Remember what it was like as a child to go to Disney and drive the cars? I know it's on a track, but you just can't beat the thrill of driving a car at a young age!

I was able to see what it's like this past year when my 3 year old niece came to the world. She gave that center track a battle, but the track held strong! The bottom line, she drove a car like her parents, and she couldn't wait to go again!

A Herbie theme ride will be nice, but not in place of what's there.

prberk

crazydaveh said:
Leave it as is. Remember what it was like as a child to go to Disney and drive the cars? I know it's on a track, but you just can't beat the thrill of driving a car at a young age!

I was able to see what it's like this past year when my 3 year old niece came to the world. She gave that center track a battle, but the track held strong! The bottom line, she drove a car like her parents, and she couldn't wait to go again!

A Herbie theme ride will be nice, but not in place of what's there.

I agree. Kids love it, and it is a nice outdoor ride. Not amazingly distinctly Disney, but not everything has to be so.

The Jungle Cruise, on the other hand, IS distinctly Disney and needs to stay. Also great for grandparents to do with kids. We have to remember that Walt designed the Magic Kingdom (from Disneyland) to be a place where parents, kids, and grandparents could play together. We need a few rides like this to complement the faster rides that the oldest and youngest cannot do.

Paul

Thrawn

Account Suspended
mkepcotmgmak said:
whether the pixar deal gets fixed or not, isn't cars already in production, and a release date set, giving disney the same rights to it as they have to all other pixar films?

i don't really see this movie being a huge success though...

i say scrap the entire area, and make room for something new!

Yes, the movie is under the old deal. However, it wouldn't be smart for Disney to use it that way when they wouldn't be able to make sequels or anything (new) to do with the franchise once the deal is done with.

As far as the movie not being a success ... the same has been said about all the other Pixar movies before they were released. Why pass judgement on something that won't be out til next year?

MareSINY

My four year old niece can't wait to go back to Disney in September so she can ride the cars. It was one of her favorite spots (of course Dumbo is her ultimate favorite).

As for the Jungle Cruise, I LOVE going on that ride!! It's so silly and the boat captains really make the ride so much fun with the things they say. I love it.

speck76

It is loud, the smell is nasty, and it does not really belong.

That being said, it is a good attraction for the little kids.

I really think it would be nice to scrap the current version, and rebuild it similar to the new Hong Kong version, outside of the railroad tracks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom