Should Disney Operate Na’vi River Journey when the Shaman of Songs is down?

Should Disney Operate Na’vi River Journey when the Shaman of Songs is down?

• Yes

Votes: 58 54.2%
  • No

Votes: 49 45.8%

• Total voters

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
She’s been busted off and on since the attraction has opened. I’m just curious as to why all these new AAs go down so often. Why aren’t they built to last?
I don't know but there must be someone on here who knows everything ...

Wait a minute, not anymore..

JIMINYCR

Of course they should. Theres only the 2 attractions in the land so even though the Shaman is missing at least its a something to do, colorful ride. I dont think its much of an attraction anyway, but at least after going on FoP it gives you something else to do other than shop or eat. I'm not much of a look at the pretty flowers kind of guy.

Cmdr_Crimson

The best way to look at it is that it is just another version of Living with the land..Hardly anyone pays attention to the AA's in that one as they minimally move...

jkl2000

Would they ever have kept The Hall of Presidents operating if the at-that-time President was down? Maybe, as long as the air conditioning was working...

The Empress Lilly

In a Disney park everything works, everything is clean, everything is freshly painted, everybody is friendly, the flowers bloom. That is the dreamworld, the illusion created, how the magic is made. The business Disney is in.

This is why you don't open attractions with major faults. You do not shatter this carefully crafted image.

Well...you do shatter it. In fact, you do not care whatsoever. And now with 25 years of being in the clutches of money polishing shareholders whipping management into squeezing ever more juice out of that lemon, the guests have forgotten what made a Disney park 'Disney'. And now think it means 'brand characters'.

Last edited:

kong1802

Why couldn't they have just built 2 Shamans and rotate them in and out as needed?

And it goes to the bigger issue of only building 2 rides in the land. Can't have half of the rides in your land down...

They've also created their own monster with the 60+4 FP reservations. People are paying more than ever for the "privilege" of selecting their rides in advance. The backlash for having more rides down that were preselected must be greater now that they've created this beast.....

HonorableMention

It sucks when the shaman is down, but at least there's a decent B-Mode in place. They could just leave the spot empty, or worse, leave the AA static. This wouldn't really be as big a problem though if there were some more animatronics throughout the ride.

danyoung56

At least with a Broadway show, they tell you up front when a main character actor has been replaced by an understudy. They should post a sign out front warning guests when the animatronic is just a statue.

THIS! I don't think they need to shut down the ride, but they do need to inform their guests about a major feature of the attraction not working.

geekza

I do wish there was some kind of way to know if the Shaman is working before getting in the Standby line, especially. Honestly, the only reason I'm riding it is to see the cool AA figure, so if I've spent a half-hour or more in line and the one thing that's cool about the attraction isn't there, well, I won't go full Katiebug, but it will definitely make me wish I'd spent the time seeing something else.

rickdrat

It seems like the Imagineering group are given free rein to push boundaries and innovate without considering long term maintenance. However, once attractions are up and running, the operations side is given a roll of duct tape and a box of assorted screws and told to "just keep it moving".

Br’er Rabbit

I don’t get why people think the ride should go down if the Shaman isn’t working.

The imagineer’s designed an alternative way with the screen in case the shaman wasn’t working. If the shaman didn’t work and there was NO screen, then yes the ride should go down.

But since Disney created the failsafe in mind then they obviously knew it wouldn’t be feasible to have the ride close every time the shaman broke.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
I can't let this go by without declaring the brilliant shade of it.
Something like this?
Screen Shot 2018-10-26 at 11.16.00 AM.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom