Should Disney create theme park attractions based on the Simpsons when they are legally allowed to do so after the Universal deal expires?

Should Disney create theme park attractions based on the Simpsons once they are legally allowed to?

• Total voters

SpectreJordan

Not really. One only has to watch the content in question to know that The Simpsons is infinitely more risqué than any of Disney's recent films.
Even if there's been some recent projects with more risqué jokes, I feel The Simpsons's irreverent, satirical tone isn't a good fit for the parks. The closest thing in the parks rn would be The Muppets but they still feel more earnest than The Simpsons are.

It'd be very odd to go from a Star Wars land that tells you that you're "really in Star Wars", a Toy Story land that tells you "You shrunk down to the size of a toy!" & then a Simpsons land that's spoofing theme parks or something.

Also, I really don't want to hear the modern voices of the characters. Poor Julie Kavner & Dan Castellaneta sound like their voice boxes are about to burst nowadays.

erasure fan1

I'm going to say no. Not because they couldn't make it fit, but because there are far too many classic Disney IPs that could be used first. If the parks were all at the attraction level they should be, I could see something as a small secondary distraction in the studios. But we aren't even close to that.

LittleBuford

They should put in a Family Guy attraction actually. It would be more on brand these days. Why not? Any kind of attempt to keep traditional values are out the window under these clowns.

Family Guy is a great show.
What specifically do you feel runs counter to “traditional values” in Disney’s recent releases? They’re just as family-friendly and sweet (even saccharine) in their messaging as they’ve always been.

imagineer97

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
What specifically do you feel runs counter to “traditional values” in Disney’s recent releases? They’re just as family-friendly and sweet (even saccharine) in their messaging as they’ve always been.
I will not let my poll thread devolve into a political debate! The Chef is referring to the same particular details that have been included in some of the recent releases. You know very well which ones. I will report comments that continue this line of discussion!

Now, back to the Simpsons question!

LittleBuford

I will not let my poll thread devolve into a political debate! The Chef is referring to the same particular details that have been included in some of the recent releases. You know very well which ones. I will report comments that continue this line of discussion!

Now, back to the Simpsons question!
Perhaps you should scold him for taking us down this path in the first place!

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
1706386352311.png

BASS

Having just visited Universal this weekend, I actually was thinking about how weak the "land" and ride was . I just don't think the IP is that great, particularly for those under 30. My two kids had no idea what the Simpsons are.

ppete1975

No. There are 3 reasons why not.

1.) I don't think Simpsons land can be done better than Universal has currently.
2.) Simpsons as an IP does not fit in Disney.
3.) Concern with long term popularity with the IP from theme park standpoint due to Simpsons tv show been on the decline for a very long time already.
This. Universal did Simpsons right. And why not charge universal for usage or maybe a trade later down the road. Simpsons at universal in no way hurts Disney compared to nintendo or HP does.

I would say Universal did HP, and simpsons in a way that nobody should try and make another. As did sea world with sesame street. OR Disney with several of their IPs. There would be no reason to even attempt.

ohioguy

That'd be awesome
Absolutely. Family Guy for the win!

Perhaps Disney should open a 5th gate with an emphasis on roller coasters and more entertainment geared toward an adult or cultured crowd, perhaps with some of their retro properties. The Simpsons, Family Guy, Futurama, and other IPs that might offend the "traditional values" visitor (yes, we know what that code wording is for).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom