Should Dinosaur be rethemed to Zootopia?

Should Dinosaur be rethemed to Zootopia?

• Total voters

Cmdr_Crimson

Here's a video from the beginning of May. It's not too bad. Still a lot of broken effects, but with a little TLC, this could be spruced up into something AMAZING again. It would be such a shame to see this go.

It still amazes me how friggin huge that final Carno's head actually is..
CTX_01.jpg

Cmdr_Crimson

It’s supposed to give the illusion that it’s literally right on top of you about to get you.
Still..It's pretty impressive. Some have state there was a meteorite instead in the CTX version but, I have only seen the Carno most of the time..However, this video shows that the Carno head was there in 98 so, I'm not sure how long the meteorite was there..

In the Parks
No
Still..It's pretty impressive. Some have state there was a meteorite instead in the CTX version but, I have only seen the Carno most of the time..However, this video shows that the Carno head was there in 98 so, I'm not sure how long the meteorite was there..

I think the meteorite might have only been there during the soft openings. I have seen video of it somewhere.

BlakeW39

Here's a video from the beginning of May. It's not too bad. Still a lot of broken effects, but with a little TLC, this could be spruced up into something AMAZING again. It would be such a shame to see this go.

The main problem is the lighting. Being that there is far too much of it. The effects look worse because they were meant to be seen in the dark. All the neon just makes the building's walls visible and breaks up the immersion of being in a prehistoric jungle. It also makes both the dinosaurs and the environment look glowy and unnatual.

Second issue is that the EMV motion was toned down. Thereby effectively eliminating the thrill aspect of the ride.

Countdown to Extinction was basically just neutered to death. It used to be a good ride but in Iger's effort to appeal to scared children, who were not supposed to be on the ride in the first place, he in my opinion ruined it. To the point where I didn't even go on the attraction last time I was in DAK.

Mike S

I think it was there only shortly after opening before they realized it didn’t look as good as intended.

Kamikaze

So how was the EMV different - could you state the comparison in lay mans terms
It used to be a rougher ride, more, faster movements. Still sucked, but better than it is now, which is the worst 'thrill' attraction on property. Maybe worst overall.

BlakeW39

So how was the EMV different - could you state the comparison in lay mans terms

Sharper turns, faster acceleration and a 'bumpier ride' to simulate driving over rough terrain. I enjoyed the ride system at the time. It's now very tame by comparison.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom