Should Dinosaur be rethemed to Zootopia?

Should Dinosaur be rethemed to Zootopia?

• Total voters

jannerUK

Its a shame they have let Dino-land go so much. No other land in any other park has been allowed to decline to this state. Yet the central ride is still powerful and one of the best the parks have of its kind. They need to simply invest and adapt around it. I dont have the answers but the ride could stay within a themed aspect of the park and build it up. There must be other components that link to Dinosaurs without making it into a Dino land.

EagleScout610

What a wisecracker
Premium Member
Disney probably owns Dinotopia at this point, right?
If they do, then all they have is a Land before Time knockoff from 2005.
MV5BMjEzNTM2NTE2OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzI5OTgyMQ@@._V1_.jpg

Advisable Joseph

I was hoping this poll could show how unpopular and illogical this choice is...just in case the Disney folks are nosing around. And so far, it's turning out just as I had hoped.
This forum is a bubble, with dissenting voices afraid to speak up too much. I popped it last week, but the bubble reformed.

@ToTBellHop suggested that general guest opinion is in favor of it. I think he was a Devil's Advocate for the concept at least, but not sure if he actually liked it.

And again, I don't really care. I only care that you seem to be hurting yourselves.

BlakeW39

This forum is a bubble
Yeah, no. This forum is a lot more representative of your typical Disney Parks fans than some seem to admit. I've talked to plenty of people not on this forum and the opinions they have are broadly pretty similar. It's also an open website with diverse opinions, so again, not a bubble. People argue all the time here. If people are afraid to speak up and voice dissent then I would be very surprised.

Also we aren't hurting ourselves. We are simply stating what we believe. I'm not going to ignore honest criticism because Disney is determined to spew out garbage.

Advisable Joseph

Yeah, no. This forum is a lot more representative of your typical Disney Parks fans than some seem to admit. I've talked to plenty of people not on this forum ...

Internet forums are inherently bubbles. Anyway, from what we see from surveys reported here, guest opinions are nothing like this forums' reactions concerning IP, for instance.

BlakeW39

Internet forums are inherently bubbles. Anyway, from what we see from surveys reported here, guest opinions are nothing like this forums' reactions concerning IP, for instance.

Internet forums reflect the most fanatical members of a particular community. We're an extreme, but not a bubble. We aren't closed off from outside opinions/sentiments.

And no really!?!?! Lol, you can't just ask average Joe walking around Disney World if he would like to see Zootopia in Animal Kingdom. Of course he'll say yes, not only are major IPs familiar but anything new in the parks will be appealing to Average Joe. But Average Joe also doesn't know jack about theme park design. That's why you don't design your theme park based on what he wants or doesn't want. Because Average Joe doesn't have strong or well informed opinions about the parks. Average Joe will like IPs or original attractions, as long as they make a good impression on him. Disney should be listening to the opinions of its fans and its creatives...not just the most casual, uninformed members of its audience.

Last edited:

Advisable Joseph

Internet forums reflect the most fanatical members of a particular community. We're an extreme, but not a bubble. We aren't closed off from outside opinions/sentiments.
Remember that D23 panel withheld all that cheering for the Zootopia attraction?

Those were fanatics. Expensive tickets.

This forum's definately a bubble. Not a shame: that's how forums work, but something to be aware of.

BlakeW39

Remember that D23 panel withheld all that cheering for the Zootopia attraction?

Those were fanatics. Expensive tickets.

This forum's definately a bubble. Not a shame: that's how forums work, but something to be aware of.

Lol, the people who go to D23 aren't necessarily fanatics of the parks, they're fans from across all divisions of Disney's brand. They aren't necessarily any more critical when it comes to theme park design than Average Joe is. Of course there were people who were excited for Zootopia at DAK at D23. That should come as no surprise. It's a Disney fan convention and Zootopia is a Disney film. That doesn't mean Zootopia is a good fit for DAK or a smart decision from a business perspective. Like I said, casuals will take anything they can get.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom