Should CMs allow you to return after your Fastpass time expired?

Should CMs allow people through Fastpass lines after their expired time?

• Yes

Votes: 100 48.5%
  • No

Votes: 58 28.2%
  • Depends on the situation

Votes: 48 23.3%

• Total voters

Computer Magic

unkadug said:
Saving your fastpasses for a different day is tantamount to stealing.

Stealing of time. Others people time.

There are many companies that would fire you for stealing time.
Same as reusing the refill mugs on a different vacation or resort....Pool hopping...barrowing twin brothers AP pass :lookaroun

DisneyWales

Yes

I think that its fine as long as its the same day. They issue so many as day so as long as you come after the time its fine in my eyes.

Its not like everyone in the park is going to wait till 6pm then there will be a long wait as everyone decided to go at the same time. For Example the first time we did the backlot tour we didnt realise how long it would be, so we missed our window, should i be penalized for not knowing that the show is 30-40 minutes long and miss my Window.

Also in another case we orginally went to Epcot got FP for Soarin' waited for a bit however didnt want to wait in Epcot so we decided to go to MK and come back. You have to wait before you get another FP ticket so you have "paid" so to say for the opportunity.

We need to remeber that this is a vacation and plans do and will change.

colliera

Extended window OK

I think missing the close window and still being admitted is reasonable as a policy. There are a multitude of reasons why someone might be late. Us older mousketeers don't move as fast as we used to sometimes. Sometimes you get cut off by the parade route. Sit down restaurants can slow you down.

As for the restaurants I am usually there the fifteen minutes before the reservations but week before last I waited a full half hour before I was seated at Tony's with an advanced reservation. Wonderful meal and with the cost at just over $120 I wasn't going to rush through it just to ride an attraction. It's only a reasonable accommodation for guests.

However, I'm usually the one trying to get past that woman with time to go before the window opens so I have only been admitted past the close window a couple of times and both where within an hour of close.

dxwwf3

I think FP's should definitely be allowed any time after they are valid. You could be in line for a ride that breaks down, you could be in a resturant with a very slow server, or you could have got in line for an attraction where the wait time was longer than advertised. And that's just the tip of the iceburg. Naturally if you can make it during the specific hour, it would be best to go then. But if you are late, then you should still be able to use your pass. And most CM's go by that policy and it would be a shame if there was a change.

I still collect FP's that we don't use for whatever reason, but I don't use them on future visits anymore. Don't get me started on the resort mugs though :)

goofyfan13

I'm all for being allowed to show up late. As many have stated, sometimes you can't plan your trip down to the minute, and showing up in the time frame isn't always feasible. We had this example on NYE, we had a ADR for Le Cellier, but our FP started 5 minutes before, so obviously we went to dinner. Things like that are most of the time why people show up late.

Yea, and using the FP the next day, that's just rediculous.

I too love the people who show up early and demand to be let in, and you show up at the right time and just walk right by them smiling.:lol:

Justa' BigKid

Has Disney ever considered removing the "cut off" or "end time" from the FastPass and just having it read, for example - Good after 3pm on Feb 4th? Since most of the CM have stated that their training tells them to ignore the second time, what use is it to have a "cut off". And if they add the Date in place of the second time, it would cut down on people using them on future visits.

dxwwf3

Justa' BigKid said:
Has Disney ever considered removing the "cut off" or "end time" from the FastPass and just having it read, for example - Good after 3pm on Feb 4th? Since most of the CM have stated that their training tells them to ignore the second time, what use is it to have a "cut off". And if they add the Date in place of the second time, it would cut down on people using them on future visits.

I think they keep it there to try to get as many people as possible in on that hour. The more people stick to that, the easier everything works. But with that said, it still changes my opinion on the issue zero.

markc

unkadug said:
Saving your fastpasses for a different day is tantamount to stealing.

Stealing of time. Others people time.

There are many companies that would fire you for stealing time.

Stealing time? I think you're over-exageratting here. And to counteract that, an argument could be made that by not using the fastpass on the day that it was intended for one other guest was able to ride sooner, therefore the "stolen time" from the next day was made up by the guest who was allowed on the ride faster due to the fastpass going unused.

Disney doesn't care if a fastpass is used on another day; hell, in all honesty, from a business perspective, it's better for them..because it ensures that a guest will make a return vist, spending more on admission, food, drinks, souvenirs..etc.

If you truely want to talk about stealing time, lets talk about celebrities or d-list celebrities (which are the majority of those who go to Disney World using a guest relations host as their tour guide) who skip lines their whole day during the visit to the parks. Until that problem is solved, I'd say nobody can shake their finger as anybody who uses a fastpass a day later...they at least earned that fastpass..d-list celebrities like Alfonso Ribiero (using him as an example because I saw him at the parks once..lol) did not earn their right to ditch everybody and "Steal" people's time.

AliceFan

I am not quiet sure if it is fully understood why late fastpasses are taken. The rides are all computers and face facts, computers break all the time. So do the rides. So CM are sometimes told to inform guests that their fastpass will be vaild the rest of the day. With the shifts changes during the day it becomes impossible to keep up.

Also I take offense to the 10 to 1 ratio comment. No CM does that unless told to but a Guest Service Manager.

dxwwf3

markc said:
Stealing time? I think you're over-exageratting here. And to counteract that, an argument could be made that by not using the fastpass on the day that it was intended for one other guest was able to ride sooner, therefore the "stolen time" from the next day was made up by the guest who was allowed on the ride faster due to the fastpass going unused.

Disney doesn't care if a fastpass is used on another day; hell, in all honesty, from a business perspective, it's better for them..because it ensures that a guest will make a return vist, spending more on admission, food, drinks, souvenirs..etc.

If you truely want to talk about stealing time, lets talk about celebrities or d-list celebrities (which are the majority of those who go to Disney World using a guest relations host as their tour guide) who skip lines their whole day during the visit to the parks. Until that problem is solved, I'd say nobody can shake their finger as anybody who uses a fastpass a day later...they at least earned that fastpass..d-list celebrities like Alfonso Ribiero (using him as an example because I saw him at the parks once..lol) did not earn their right to ditch everybody and "Steal" people's time.

When you put it that way, maybe I should go back to using previous FP's :lol:

Seriously though, we used to always take the FP's we didn't need for that day and use it on another trip simply to keep from walking over and getting the actual FP for that day. I guess it doesn't make it right, but it's not like killing someone.

jdvm

Don't think of things like this as rules chiseled in stone. They are limits that can be enforced as needed. Nothing more. Think of them as stop signs rather than a "do not enter." Life's a bit short and it is a theme park, after all, not a traffic court.

1stStarIC2nite

We usually never arrive on time. We try, but it just doesn't happen usually. Plus... we're on VACATION. We're not going rush somewhere if our plans spontaneously change. There has only been one time where I used a FP that was from a different time, but that was because we had to leave early that day, and it was one of our last days and we hadn't ridden Soarin' yet (with an over 2 hour wait). But anyway... I think it's totally fine whenever the customer wants to after the starting time.

bigorangeandy

We try to make our window, but sometimes we will be a few minutes late. If the ride is down when we arrive to use our fastpass we will come back later in the day.
I would guess that most people would arrive when the window is open, because people want to ride (thats why they got the fastpass in the first place).

OmegaKnight

I always try to use my FastPasses in the time that is printed on the ticket but like most people have already said, things may come up. Disney doesn't really pay attention to the end time, just the beginning time. Also, if an attraction breaks down, nearly all attractions will honor the FastPasses that would have been used during that duration anyways.

DisneyWales

Justa' BigKid said:

It helps with crowd control, if there is a time saying 4-5 most people will be there between 4-5, if it said anytime after 4, FP lines could be just as long as stand by lines, particularly after parades etc, people would horde FP then use them after Parades have finished etc. I'd say its only 10% of the people who actually go outside of their windows.

Tramp

I've never used fastpasses on any other day except for the date it was issued. I have used fastpasses past the time slot it was issued for. I think MOST people shoot for the timeslot and this is not a big issue. I was told that Disney made a deliberate decision to allow people to enter beyond the timeslot cuz they didn't want people stressing over the need to return to the ride at a given time. Disney encourages people to eat and shop at their leisure and doesn't want a time requirement to interfere with spending money in their restaurants or shops. Also, if you were required to return at a given time, you'd have the tendency to waste time for fear of doing something that might cause you to miss your time. One other reason why they accept the pass at anytime after the start time is that rides break down often and people with fastpasses are turned away and told to return later. It would be a nightmare trying to keep track of who legitimately didn't ride because of a breakdown. These were the reasons given to me at guest services when I asked about it.

I don't know why this is an issue. I've been to Disney on the busiest of days and never had a problem in the fast pass line because of people returning at times other than what is on their ticket. It all balances out at the end of the day. If the standby line moves slower cuz of people returning outside the timeslot, well, that makes up for the time the standby line moved faster when those people didn't show up in the first place.

I wonder how many fastpasses are NEVER used? I know I have passes that I never used cuz we decided to do something else. Most times I give the passes away as we leave the park but sometimes I forget I have them until I empty my pockets in the hotel room.

I think it's a great system. I use the system legitimately and efficiently and find it perfectly fair for everyone. I wouldn't mess with anything that isn't broken, perceived or otherwise.

Just my worthless opinion.:wave:

duchess1576

We were ten minutes late for our Rock'n'Rollercoaster Fastpass and they let us on no problem. And it wasn't like they didn't notice the time on it, cuz we went right up to him and said, "are we too late", and showed him the ticket and he just said, "go ahead".

We were lucky. But, i think a half hour late or more shouldn't be allowed.

Laura

Premium Member
Go ahead and be mad, but I almost never use my fastpasses in the time alloted. More often I'm more than an hour late. I've never used one on the wrong day though.

Tramp

Rosso11 said:
Guests are allowed to enter any time after their initial time on the fast pass. The second time has never been enforced . As long as its from the same day you are fine. This policy works fine as it is and shouldn't be changed. Everyone is on vacation there is no reason to make everyone rush all of the time. The parks are suppose to be relaxing. However, even though it is not allowed I know many people save their fast pass tickets for future visits. The date is extremely small and CMs rarely check the date. I never understood whey they printed the date so small. In DL the date is very large.

I actually posted before I read your comments. I agree with you 100%.
The policy works fine and it's one rule that makes my visit far less stressful in the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom