Should CMs allow you to return after your Fastpass time expired?

Should CMs allow people through Fastpass lines after their expired time?

• Yes

Votes: 100 48.5%
  • No

Votes: 58 28.2%
  • Depends on the situation

Votes: 48 23.3%

• Total voters

markc

No offense to the original poster of this topic, however this topic is inane, stupid, and pointless and looking to start another argument amongs the posters (similar to the refilable mug debate). Using a pass after the allotted time does not defeat the system of Fastpass nor does it mess with the timing of the queue. A delay in using your fastpass just means that one more person will go through the standby line faster, thus, NOT creating a delay or "stealing" time from anybody. In fact, delaying the use of your fastpass just means that there's a better chance that fastpass will be utilized during a "slower" time in the day and creating a natural optimization in the queue system (being that the busiest time in the parks is generally midday..and most people put off using their fastpasses until later in the afternoon/night).

BuzzComplexCM

As a recent CM, I can assure you that we are NOT allowed to turn you away if you come back after the time on your Fast Pass. If you have a FP for 1:00 - 2:00 and you come back at 6:00, guess what, you are still able to use it. You can use FP as late as you want, they are good until the park closes, but you can not come back before the first time. Also, take note that on the bottom of the FP, there is another time, this time represents when you can get ANOTHER FP ticket for an attraction.

Also, you must have a FP for everyone in your party, unless they didn't use a ticket to get in the park, ex: babies. If you have a party of 7, then you must have 7 FP tickets, not just one.

Also, make sure that your FP tickets do not say "NOT A VALID FAST PASS" Countless times I would see these tickets come to me and when I had to explain to the guest that it wasn't good, I would get a dirty look and alot of bad language. So, to sound nice but firm, make sure you know how to read and pay attention to detail.

Thanks,

Tomorrowland CM

PamelaNiebergal

I think they should enforce the fastpass times within reason (thirty minutes should be the limit to go over). Otherwise there seems to be fastpass surges at times. Maybe people arriving late has nothing to do with it but I just like to go along with the system. If everyone waited until the end of the day to use their fastpass the system wouldn't work. Plus, it's not like you have to pay for the fastpass. If you miss out because a meal took too long or because you were in line for another attraction it's not like you lost money or anything. We're always able to make it within our fast pass time frame. I guess I just like to play by the rules. On the other hand it would probably be a public relations nightmare for the castmember who would have to send people away. It's bad enough for those castmembers with people arriving early.

RalphieN

The FastPass system is as close to perfect as humanly possible IMHO. I've been to amusement/theme parks all around the country and NO ONE has a system even close to being as fair and convenient as Disney's. Universal tried but they've scrapped it and are doing like the 6 flags parks and charging additional fees for the service. Disney is unique.

I've used my FastPasses after the time on several occasions without ever having a problem but I didn't know it was policy to accept them late until our last trip. We were eating in the Castle at Magic Kingdom and our FastPasses for Peter Pan (my daughter loves this ride) were getting close to expiring (reaching the second time on ticket) so we told the waiter that we would have to skip dessert so we could make it. He said, "don't worry, you can use it anytime today" At first we didn't believe him (I know, need to be more trusting). So, he had a manager type person come tell us it was true.

Anyway, this is how it should be, when you are on vacation.

Stitch_Kingdom

With my FP for Test Track the CM seemed more concerned that we didnt get there a minute earlier than the allotted time rather than being late.

jesserin

surfsupdon said:
The current policy is fine. Of course you cannot arrive early, but arriving late is no problem. This is a vacation, and sometimes you will take a leisurely stroll or enjoy a longer meal. Things happen in theme parks that hold you up. We will walk into Epcot from International Gateway in the early am, grab a FP for Soarin and ride it, then head back to the pool. Then after dinner we will go back to Epcot for Illuminations and the Soarin FP. No rushing, no time constraints.

I Agree here - i think only people who attend regularly are going to bother riding after their time - so overall as it seems to be working just fine - I say oh well...

Craig & Lisa

Heatherbell said:
While we are on the topic of fast pass times I have to put in my two cents...I just spent last weekend at Disney and it is SOOOO annoying when people stand in line before their fast pass time and complain about how it is only one minute away and the CM won't let them in :brick: but then instead of getting out of line so those that know how to use their fastpass correctly can get on the ride they just stand there, blocking the fastpass entrance. At Soarin this lady's fastpass time was 12:50-1:50 and it was 12:47, she attempted to get on the ride, was denied, and then would not move out of the way. She stood there and complained loudly "This is so stupid, it's only 3 minutes away", so me and my husband walked in front of them, she said to me "Um excuse me, we're in line" I was like "for what?" The CM let us in and the lady was bent. What was worse is when she ended up getting in she was behind us complaining and complaining and complaining....

ok, done venting.
I'm in total agreement, if you don't know how to use it then it's your own fault, if you think your time there is being ruined don't try to make everyone else's bad too, if someone were to do that in front of me I have no quams about telling them that. I mean really, how hard is this??? Can anybody really be that stupid? Wait, sorry, I forgot about what time does the 3 o'clock parade start?:p :veryconfu

egionet

I'm kind of confused why some people are upset about the current fastpass policy. It's not as if certain guests are allowed to come back after their fastpast time has expired; everyone can do it. You all have the same opportunity. Not to mention, those are the rules. It's what the CMs are told to do, so they do it. So why are you getting upset? Why are you complaining about something that gets you onto a ride quicker?

Now using it the next day or a few days later is wrong. But honestly, the CM doesn't look at the date; they look at the time. Technically you can get away with it, but it's really not right to do it.

benshroyer

My bad.......?

Wow I never realized that using a Fastpass the next day would be such a big deal. In 4 out of the 5 occurrences, that I can remember, of using the Fastpass the next day; the attraction had broken down the previous day either during or after my Fastpass time. I can remember this happening on Test Track twice, Disneyland’s Space Mountain, and Dinosaur. The only one that wasn’t legit was In Disneyland on Indiana Jones Adventure.
Edit: On Indy I rode once stand-by then once Fastpass back to back.

MagliteL13

When I'm working fastpass return at Jungle, my policy is this: Early, no. Late--within an hour--yes. I will NOT allow fastpasses in 6 or 7 hours late. It's clearly printed to come back between the two times, so I enforce that policy. I usually allow an hour because I know in my times as a guest in the park, I can get sidetracked or something else before I relize I have the fastpass in my pocket. I know of quite a few other CMs that side with me on this.

WDWFantasmic

I think letting guests in a bit after is reasonable because sometimes you're waiting in line for another attraction and you wait longer than you expect.

rcc

Teenchy said:
NO.

My shortest post ever. :D

As far as I am concerned the question should be "Why shouldn't CMs allow you to return after your FastPass time has expired?" You have already reserved your FastPass use. It will not affect any other park goers. What is the problem?

surfsupdon

MagliteL13 said:
When I'm working fastpass return at Jungle, my policy is this: Early, no. Late--within an hour--yes. I will NOT allow fastpasses in 6 or 7 hours late. It's clearly printed to come back between the two times, so I enforce that policy. I usually allow an hour because I know in my times as a guest in the park, I can get sidetracked or something else before I relize I have the fastpass in my pocket. I know of quite a few other CMs that side with me on this.

Interesting to hear. As a family that usually does return in the designated window but sometimes will go hours later depending on the conditions in the park, we have never met a CM who turned us away, or even questioned our intentions.

On New Years Eve, b/c the parks get so crowded, we always walk into Epcot as soon as they open and quickly get FastPasses for Soarin, MS, and some other rides. (CMs always hand out FPs....which we know means you can access as many passes for as many attractions as you can grab b/c you are not in the computer system.) Then we go back to our Yacht Club quiet pool and return to the park for our dinner around 5. Then we use all of the FastPasses we got earlier in the day consecutively so there isn't any down time, or any standing in line. Then we head to Japan around 9 and stay till the New Year. Standing in a 220 minute line on New Years Eve is not fun.

Siege898

I was recently in MGM with my brother and we had a fastpass for RnRc at like 4 pm - 5pm. He really wanted to see the Indiand Jones show, and the last show was at like 430. We asked the lady at the times board if we could still use are fastpasses after they expired, afte rthe indy show, and she said taht the CM's dont have to honor them, but they most likely will.

Rcoaster809

I think the fastpass system was designed to accomodate many issues, and I think it is a good idea to allow fastpasses to be used after their time has expired. There are many things that can happen, like a breakdown, weather, ADR (or whatever they are now), show, extra crowds, leaving park, etc... that I think it is ok. With that said, they should still only be used on the day they are recieved, and I have no problem with not being let in a second before my time. I do have a problem with the people blocking the entrance while waiting one more minute while my time started 9 minutes ago. Interesting topic to discuss though.

F'nGoofy

I may be the only person to be challenged about being late with a FastPass. I went from Splash Mountian to Pooh in about 10 minutes with 2 kids in tow. It was 10 minutes after my FastPass time had expired. I was told by the CM that I was too late. I had to convince her to let us go through the FastPass line. It was the first time I had ever heard about not getting on for being late.

markc

Your own policy making may run the risk of you have a clash with your manager then. Guest Relations openly and commonly tell all guests that Fastpass policy is anytime AFTER the return time...if there's a delay..for whatever reason, they can be redeemed at any time later in the day. If you don't allow a guest to return, despite Guest Relations saying otherwise, then you definitely open yourself up to the possibility (and extreme likelihood) of the guest complaining at Guest Relations, and then having your manager berated by hss bosses that you were being a pain in the you know what.. and making up your own policies. I'm not pulling this out of my behind either; I have 3 Guest Relations hosts sitting in my living room right now after watching the super bowl who are all saying this is what they are told to tell guests. The only thing CMs' are trained on and told to enforce is not letting people in before their window starts. There's nothing in your attractions training that says you can not let in people after their window ends.

MagliteL13 said:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom