Should CMs allow you to return after your Fastpass time expired?

Should CMs allow people through Fastpass lines after their expired time?

• Yes

Votes: 100 48.5%
  • No

Votes: 58 28.2%
  • Depends on the situation

Votes: 48 23.3%

• Total voters

maxime29

Premium Member
Original Poster
Most of us can agree that once the starting time on your fastpass comes along then you can enter the ride. However, should CMs clamp down on whether you try to use your fastpass after it has expired? Such as if your time is between 1:00PM - 2:00PM and you return at 2:30, maybe 3PM or even 4PM.

There are a few things left open here such as getting a time during say an ADR (advanced dining reservation) or an unexpected trip to your hotel to take care of personal business.

Heatherbell

While we are on the topic of fast pass times I have to put in my two cents...I just spent last weekend at Disney and it is SOOOO annoying when people stand in line before their fast pass time and complain about how it is only one minute away and the CM won't let them in :brick: but then instead of getting out of line so those that know how to use their fastpass correctly can get on the ride they just stand there, blocking the fastpass entrance. At Soarin this lady's fastpass time was 12:50-1:50 and it was 12:47, she attempted to get on the ride, was denied, and then would not move out of the way. She stood there and complained loudly "This is so stupid, it's only 3 minutes away", so me and my husband walked in front of them, she said to me "Um excuse me, we're in line" I was like "for what?" The CM let us in and the lady was bent. What was worse is when she ended up getting in she was behind us complaining and complaining and complaining....

ok, done venting.

Justa' BigKid

No. This is the reason for the 10:1 ratio of FastPass to Line Standers sometimes. It can seem unfair to the Folks who choose not to use the system but would rather stand in a line for over an 1-1/2 hours. I must admit thought, that I do use the FastPass to its fullest advantage. I might get the FastPass in the morning and not use it untill later that evening.

HunnyPot

The only time I have ever seen CM's let people in after their fastpass was once at Soarin. The ride had broken down and they were going to redeem fastpasses for a certain ammount of time. I know because we had a fastpass and they redeemed it later.

surfsupdon

The current policy is fine. Of course you cannot arrive early, but arriving late is no problem. This is a vacation, and sometimes you will take a leisurely stroll or enjoy a longer meal. Things happen in theme parks that hold you up. We will walk into Epcot from International Gateway in the early am, grab a FP for Soarin and ride it, then head back to the pool. Then after dinner we will go back to Epcot for Illuminations and the Soarin FP. No rushing, no time constraints.

Wilt Dasney

I was told in my ToT training that the only time I should pay attention to on Fastpasses was the start of the window. As long as someone got there after that, they were admitted.

This was four years ago, so I don't know if that's still policy.

Mr Bill

I would say that it should be accepted within reason. I think a 15 to 30 minute cushion would be acceptable.

Computer Magic

benshroyer said:
Ive used fastpasses 6 to 8 hours late, even on the next day!
That is abuse...especially the next day. The fastpass system has a calculation for a reason.

up to 30 minutes should be allowed.

And do not let in before hand...I have been in the area early but stand to the side.

The rude lady that was attempting to stand in line before her time, must think her :zipit: don't stink :lookaroun

Mr Bill

That's an interesting point, extending the time based on the length of the queue. Maybe that's how they could calculate the cushion. Allow you to be a certain time late based on the length of the line.

So if there's a 60 minute wait for the ride, you can be an 30 minutes, if there's a 30 minute wait you could be 45 minutes late.

Of course this would be ridiculous with Soarin' and Test Track. More than likely also with Everest when it opens fully, youd have like a 5 minute cushion.

Edit: Had that totally backwards, sleeeeeepy.

Rosso11

Guests are allowed to enter any time after their initial time on the fast pass. The second time has never been enforced . As long as its from the same day you are fine. This policy works fine as it is and shouldn't be changed. Everyone is on vacation there is no reason to make everyone rush all of the time. The parks are suppose to be relaxing. However, even though it is not allowed I know many people save their fast pass tickets for future visits. The date is extremely small and CMs rarely check the date. I never understood whey they printed the date so small. In DL the date is very large.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Saving your fastpasses for a different day is tantamount to stealing.

Stealing of time. Others people time.

There are many companies that would fire you for stealing time.

matthope03

I can understand letting people with fastpasses that are expired times for that day go ahead because there is a set number for the day anyways so it really doesn't make a difference. If someone doesn't use there pass that doesn't mean that another person will end up getting one that wouldn't necessarily get one. I absolutely do not agree with people saving passes for another day! If you get a fastpass you can use it that day after the start time on that pass, bottom line!

optjay

Just got back from E.E. DVC preview and was told the Fast passes are good for the day!! The "experation" time is only to tell when you can get another fastpass!

Rockstar

When me and my wife were there last May we got a Fast Pass for Stitch and talked to the CM a bit before the doors opened. He said that they will take a Fast Pass at any time during the day after your time has expired. He said that's how the system is set up. 80% of the people will typically show up to ride within the time designated on their pass.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom