Shorts at dinner?

Tarzan266

Original Poster
I was looking on the Disney Cruise Line site for the Disney Dream and for a lot of the restaurants it says that shorts are requested to not be worn at dinner. I was just wondering how strict they are with this? Do more men wear pants than shorts at dinner?

ChuckElias

I was looking on the Disney Cruise Line site for the Disney Dream and for a lot of the restaurants it says that shorts are requested to not be worn at dinner. I was just wondering how strict they are with this? Do more men wear pants than shorts at dinner?
Here are a couple threads on the same topic. They are not strict about it, but it's so easy to look nice, just take a pair of khakis for dinner :)

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=735120

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=734907

ChuckElias

And, by the way, to answer your question directly, I would say that YES, more men wear pants than shorts. There are always a few who wear shorts, but most people adhere to the dress code, I think.

sweetpee_1993

I'm thinking I'll buy/bring 1 pair of khakis for each of my guys to cover the dining rooms. They'll be allowed to wear them only for meals. If they spill or get them dirty they can wash 'em. Not me. :p I figure they can wear them with a button-up 1 night and a polo the next. :D Our 3rd night would be pirate night which will be pirate tees & jeans or shorts. It's only a 3-night ordeal so I don't feel like I need to pack too much.

ddrongowski

I totally agree with Chuck. They are definitely not strict in the main dining rooms but most people do follow the dress code.

What they really need is a code on the swimwear. It was a skinfest (thongs and speedos where everywhere) on the Disney cruise I took. Will never go again.

ChuckElias

Why, are you under the tables looking at peoples pants or shorts?
No, but I see lots of people's pants or shorts as they come into the restaurant.

What they really need is a code on the swimwear. It was a skinfest (thongs and speedos where everywhere) on the Disney cruise I took. Will never go again.
I see lots of European-style speedos on men. I cannot recall ever seeing a true thong bathing suit. I'm sure there have been some, but I can't imagine them being "everywhere". I would hope that you wouldn't let that one problem keep you from giving DCL another chance. Particularly since you're likely to find that problem on just about any cruise line. (Probably more likely on a non-Disney cruise that doesn't cater to families.)

ddrongowski

No, but I see lots of people's pants or shorts as they come into the restaurant.

I see lots of European-style speedos on men. I cannot recall ever seeing a true thong bathing suit. I'm sure there have been some, but I can't imagine them being "everywhere". I would hope that you wouldn't let that one problem keep you from giving DCL another chance. Particularly since you're likely to find that problem on just about any cruise line. (Probably more likely on a non-Disney cruise that doesn't cater to families.)

So is this a fetish of yours to look at peoples pants and shorts?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom