Trip Report Shortest Retirement in History?

Justin Bieber lasted 2 weeks.

Tom Brady lasted 40 days.

I, Tuvalu, outlasted them both. Not by much, mind you. Yet if not for the encouragement of some forum friends - along with some unusual circumstances - you wouldn’t be reading this.

Unusual circumstances, you say?

Around Thanksgiving my beloved Woody learned his presence was required at a work conference. In Orlando. At Universal.
Just down the road from Walt Disney World.

Woody said I could accompany him if he drove (rather than flew) to Florida. And that we could leave a couple days early and have some Disney time together.

Well you don’t have to ask me twice!

I’d be on my own during the conference. Since the majority of Universal’s attractions don’t appeal to me, it didn’t make sense for me to buy Uni tickets when I could visit WDW for free with my AP. Being solo, I thought it might be fun to do a live trip report so y’all could be my virtual companions!

Turns out I won’t be alone while Woody is occupied after all. Some friends that you have seen in my previous TRs (and one you haven’t) have offered to play with me. I can’t wait!

IMG_0404.jpeg

LeighM

Finally all caught up and was pleasantly surprised to see it was a two parter :) Happy birthday to your mom! Reading your reviews of BoG reminded me how much I hated the West Wing bc it was too dark, too loud, and too many people hovering over me to take pictures of the rose.

Ok I was jelly before with the triple meet up, but now I am SERIOUSLY jelly (especially knowing I am missing you by just a couple of days in May)

When are you going to be there in May? My husband and I currently have a trip booked (its been rescheduled so many times because of my aging dog) but we do expect to be there in May (unless Pip keeps going or we find a new house that affects our timing). Is there a private Facebook group for WDW Magic trip reports so we can keep each other updated LOL. I would love to actually meet some of yall in person but I'm not on the boards often enough to know when others plan on visiting.

Tuvalu

Original Poster

Tuvalu

Original Poster
When are you going to be there in May? My husband and I currently have a trip booked (its been rescheduled so many times because of my aging dog) but we do expect to be there in May (unless Pip keeps going or we find a new house that affects our timing). Is there a private Facebook group for WDW Magic trip reports so we can keep each other updated LOL. I would love to actually meet some of yall in person but I'm not on the boards often enough to know when others plan on visiting.
I’ll be there the first part of May. I’m not on Facebook and use this site to learn when others are going via pre-TRs. Many meets, however, are just pure luck!

pkkurz

Paging @pkkurz - were you in Epcot Friday afternoon? Because I passed a gentleman on a blue scooter and we made eye contact. If that was you, I apologize for not saying hello!
Yes, I was in Epcot on Friday. I doubt it was me, I was keeping my eyes open for you and your sweet moma and I feel certain that I would have recognized you. I even told my wife that I bet you were in Epcot on that day. Someday 🙂

Dizdutch

Wednesday, con’t

We moseyed back to Tomorrowland. The wait for the Peoplemover didn’t look too bad considering the crowds. We joined the queue.

Soon we were onboard the MPB 2.0.

View attachment 764615

We opted for a double spin around Tomorrowland!

View attachment 764616

And got stuck in a tunnel for a bit.

View attachment 764637

At this point neither our Pirates nor TRON ride photos had appeared in MDE. I wanted them for this report so I asked Patti if she minded going to the Photopass station in Town Square to see if a CM could help.

Pro Tip: When you are close to the load zone of an attraction with a ride photo, take a picture with your phone. The time stamp on that picture will make it much easier for a CM to search for a missing ride photo.

Patti’s Pirates picture helped in quickly locating our ride photo. Neither of us had taken a pic at TRON and we weren’t sure of the exact time we were on the ride. We had to look through a half-hours worth of ride photos before finding ours.

We’d ridden the MPB 2.0. Now it was time to ride the OG.

View attachment 764617

We boarded at the Main Street station.

View attachment 764618

We did 1.3 loops and disembarked at the Frontierland station. Took a quick pic of the Tiana mural.

View attachment 764619
What does MPB and OG stand for? Thanks

Tuvalu

Original Poster
What does MPB and OG stand for? Thanks
Years ago, when our feet were tired from park touring, Woody suggested a ride on the WDW railroad because “the train is basically a Moving Park Bench.” It got shortened to MPB and the name stuck!

He then declared that the Peoplemover was also essentially another moving park bench. However, since it was in Tomorrowland, he coined it the MPB 2.0.

Thus the OG (original) MPB is the train.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom