Trip Report Shortest Retirement in History?

Justin Bieber lasted 2 weeks.

Tom Brady lasted 40 days.

I, Tuvalu, outlasted them both. Not by much, mind you. Yet if not for the encouragement of some forum friends - along with some unusual circumstances - you wouldn’t be reading this.

Unusual circumstances, you say?

Around Thanksgiving my beloved Woody learned his presence was required at a work conference. In Orlando. At Universal.
Just down the road from Walt Disney World.

Woody said I could accompany him if he drove (rather than flew) to Florida. And that we could leave a couple days early and have some Disney time together.

Well you don’t have to ask me twice!

I’d be on my own during the conference. Since the majority of Universal’s attractions don’t appeal to me, it didn’t make sense for me to buy Uni tickets when I could visit WDW for free with my AP. Being solo, I thought it might be fun to do a live trip report so y’all could be my virtual companions!

Turns out I won’t be alone while Woody is occupied after all. Some friends that you have seen in my previous TRs (and one you haven’t) have offered to play with me. I can’t wait!

IMG_0404.jpeg

dizfan917

Happy Birthday Mom! What I wouldn't give to be able to take Dad down one more time... Unfortunately his health (memory) and mobility have declined so much that we don't think he'll ever visit again. It was his idea to buy into the DVC, so we'll be eternally grateful.

Have a wonderful visit!! (and thanks for posting for us again!)

Minnie1986

Saturday, con’t

We were getting hungry but the warm sun felt good, so we sat down on one of those built-in benches across from Mickey’s Philharmagic to mobile order our lunch.

It was there that something wonderful happened.

My final (unplanned) forum friend meet!

With none other than Lil BES! :inlove:

View attachment 765192
(Yeah, yeah, her parents were there too, but Grandma Tu is all about the kiddies!)

Her well-loved bear was sporting a Minnie Pull-Up and a Peppa Pig BandAid. :happy:

When I inquired about the BandAid, Lil BES said, “It was mud there.”

She’s a sweet chatterbox that I could have conversed with for much longer than we were able. Mama BES knew her toddler was getting tired and hoped pushing the stroller around would lead to a nap.

For the record, I know Lil BES’s real name.

200.gif

And my lips are sealed!
Rub it in, why don't you :p

Minnie1986

I was honestly surprised when you told me this! (And a little apprehensive lol.)

Like the Colosseum.

You can say that again.

He flipped me off. 😉😂

👍🏻👏🏻👏🏻 Brian enjoyed it as well, and it was his dish. I think the chip in my sampled spoonful was more unexpected than disliked.

That sounds familiar!
View attachment 765515

I am so relieved to read this! I thought, “If we praised it too much, and she is disappointed with her non-Cali Grill filet, I’m going to hear about it.”

In this case, I’ll take full credit.

Well, a little credit for the chef. Most for me.

😵 wow! As someone I consider a loyal Cali Grill gal (unless I’ve missed a story) I find that impressive.

Same.

I would have helped finish it! 😉😉

Very glad to see this glowing review for a place that seems to take its lumps. We concur, overall! 😋
So glad to hear a positive recent review of BOG. Oh, how I wish it was still a single credit on the dining plan.

fractal

Final Thoughts

This trip can be summed up in one word.

Jimmy Fallon Wow GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

For our fast commute down and back.
For the out-of-ordinary room issues in two of our three resorts.
For unseasonably cold weather in Central Florida.
For unexpected heavy crowds.
For Journey of Water and Luminous.
For scoring all 4 Starbucks Disney mugs in one trip.
For a water ride evacuation.
For planned - and mostly unplanned- forum friend meets and the wonderful times of hanging out together.

Thanks to everyone who followed along on the fastest trip report I’ve ever written and finished!

I’m heading “home” in the morning for a special celebration - my mother’s 85th birthday. She requested that I take her to WDW. We’ve been planning this visit for a year. My cousin JB (who surprised her at WDW on her 80th) and his wife are coming, as are my two brothers.

Let the Magic begin!
Happy Birthday to your Mom! Thanks for the report (and your return). How can you not take her?

Tuvalu

Original Poster
Happy Birthday to your mother @Tuvalu ! And great to see you so soon back "home"!
Have a great trip with Mama Tu! Can't wait to hear all about it!
Happy birthday to mamma Tu and are you sure she’s 85 years old as she looks so much younger. What a great way to celebrate, have fun.🥳
Have fun with Mama Tu!! Such a great way to celebrate a birthday. ❤️
Happy Birthday Tu's Mom! 🎂
Beauty runs deep in the family, I see! 😍
Have a wonderful trip! 💕
Hope the flight is short and uneventful.
Happy Birthday to “Mom”!! Tell her looking good at 85! 🎂
Always a pleasure reading your tripreports!
Happy B-day to your mom. Enjoy the qualitytime “home”!
Happy Birthday to your Mom
Happy birthday to your lovely mom! I hope you two have fun, and looking forward to any highlights. :happy:
Excited Happy Birthday GIF by Mickey Mouse

Happy Birthday Tuva-MOM!!
And we remember it (the trip report) like it was yesterday! 😂. Happy Birthday to your mom! Hope you hit us with the highlights at least! 🙌🏻
Happy Birthday to your Mom. 🎂
Happy birthday to your mom - I hope you both have an awesome trip 😊
Happy Birthday to your adorable mom! She looks fantastic for her age!!!
Happy birthday to Mama Tuvalu!!!

Mama Tu/Tuva Mom (couldn’t decide which one I like better!) thanks y’all for the birthday wishes. She is having the time of her life!

Tuvalu

Original Poster
Are you over the bakery?! best spot!!
Former bakery now deli, yes!

Happy Birthday Mom! What I wouldn't give to be able to take Dad down one more time... Unfortunately his health (memory) and mobility have declined so much that we don't think he'll ever visit again. It was his idea to buy into the DVC, so we'll be eternally grateful.

Have a wonderful visit!! (and thanks for posting for us again!)
I am sorry to hear of your dad’s decline and the end of the season of Disney memories with him. Been there and it hurts. His memory lives on with us here though - details forthcoming.

Happy Birthday to your Mom! Thanks for the report (and your return). How can you not take her?
Will Yia-Yia be accompanying you next time? Hope so!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom