Shopping or better resort?

I recently came into a little extra cash and now it seems the disney vacation that I had planned is once again in turmoil.:eek:
we are staying in the all star music resort but I have a chance to upgrade to a mod. or stay at all star and get more stuff?:veryconfu
We would really like to stay in the cabins but aaa screwed that up for us.:hammer:

Tinkerbella16

i would take the opportunity and stay at a moderate resort. You never know, maybe you will never get a chance after this to stay at a better and more expensive resort. We always want to stay at the Poly, but money wise that is'nt happening so we stay at POP. You can buy merchandise from the parks online or order them through mail anytime...but you may not be able to stay at a better resort anytime. That's just the way I think of it...either way you will have a great trip...have fun :wave:

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

definately Port Orleans French Quarter...i've heard nothing but nice things about that resort...I, myslef havent stayed there though. I did stay at CBR and wasn't too impressed if that helps any

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Before you upgrade - will you benefit from staying at a Mod ?? Will you stay by the pool any longer, eat at the resort restaurants etc etc ? Afterall, its mainly used for somewhere to sleep and a bed is a bed is a bed wherever it is.
Personally I would be quite happy staying at ASM and spending more within the parks and shops

Upvote 0

eroyee

:wave: Depends what the "more stuff" is. If really cool, stay there. If not, go to POR. Its a really neat resort and you would like it, Im sure. we always wanted to stay at the cabins,too, but havent done that yet. either way, have a magical stay. next trip home Jan. 2007. yaaay.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

~LeeLee~

That's a tough one... I'd personally stay at the All-Stars and save the money for shopping. You'll get to enjoy your souvenirs and goodies long after the trip.

Most people that stay at the value resorts are pretty dang smart if you ask me. Your "memories" will be of the parks and experiences, not the pool and towel service at the hotel.

Upvote 0

TTFN-Tiggger

I would splurge on the room and enjoy the resort some. I have stayed many times a CBR and love it. I have heard LOTS of great things about POFQ or POR ~ I don't think you could go wrong. Pick the one you like the theming best!!

Upvote 0

kasey1988

id say stay at a value resort and buy some extra goodies! its fun to shop when your on vacation and get treats its just not the same when you get home and order stuff over the internet! You dont want to be limited with the amount of money you have to spend on yourself and if staying in a moderate resort will keep you from getting a shirt , hat, ears, or treats then i say stay at a value! If you dont mind not having as many treats or buying suviners then stay at a mod...

Upvote 0

splash_mt. jr

i would go for the moderate resort and the value resort go half at say port orleans and half at all star!

next trip to disney july 29-aug 14!!1:sohappy:

Upvote 0
i would go value resort...its so fun buying things in all the parks. shopping is one of the best things about disney...like u said, u never really stay in your rooms, why waste the $$$$$ when u can shop,shop,shop...hope u have a blast!!!!:wave:

Upvote 0
:) My friends and I always have this fight...I always want to upgrade to a nicer hotel, but they point out the only thing we do is spend 24/7 at the parks. And busses from the All Stars are pretty fast.

That being said, I think it'd be awesome to upgrade. See how you like it...if you don't have this kind of money all the time, you might not have the option again. And a lot of things one buys at Disney sit in a closet forever...or at least that's how it is for me. I REALLY needed that memory book, that Disney fishing hat, that princess wand...don't have a clue where they all are.

Either way, have a blast!

Upvote 0

Nemo14

I'd go for the POR! We were once given the opportunity to stay at the GF for a fantastic price. We had reservations for CBR (before values), but we knew we'd probably never get that chance again. Go for it, and have breakfast at Boatwright's!

Upvote 0

hokielutz

I say stay at the value resort and use the extra money to buy more stuff, or go to more expensive dinners, like the Calif Grill on top of the Contemporary.
I've stayed at value and the moderate resorts. So if you are planning on spending most of your awake hours at the parks, then go for the value resorts.

But then again, it just my opinion.

Upvote 0

sbkline

If you have all that extra money, maybe you should extend your stay by a day or two, rather than spend it on a higher priced resort.

Upvote 0

LilRoo714

I see how this problem could put your trip in "turmoil" as you said. I would not want that to happen to anyone, so please PM me and I will help you out with that extra money you've got...:lol: ;)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom