Shoes?!?!

PMC0849

Last year the shoes I wore did not work, I had the worst blisters I've ever had. What shoes do you swear by when going to WDW? Not trying to spend $200-300 either.

happymom25

On cloud sneakers
Birkenstock sandals
Some type of waterproof sandal (I like Reef)

Rotate your shoes through the week and bring hydro seal “blister” bandaids just in case.

Upvote 0

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
When I think it might rain I wear some Ecco shoes, and I'm unsure the current model I have. When I expect dry weather I wear New Balance Fresh Foam More. The NBs aren't great wet. I also wear Keen Newports to the pool or other times I might get wet. I just has some new ones with Smokey the Bear shipped to my resort. 😄

If I'm wearing socks I'm usually wearing merino wool socks. I also recommend Squirrel's Nut Butter Happie Toes as a foot salve.

Upvote 0

jpinkc

New Balance walking shoes. 60ish bucks. Wife and kids dont seem to ever have issues with sandals or anything. They got me to try sandals one day I was back in the room before noon because I could tell my feet were going to rebel if I didnt get real shoes on LOL

Upvote 0

DiSnEyF@n

I do not wear sneakers in the heat of Florida. We go in August every year. I wear “Reef” brand flip flops. I only wear open shoes while there. I personally do not want soggy socks in sneakers.

Upvote 0

Eric Graham

I like New Balance. They're usually a great fit for me, and when I get ambitious and walk 5 miles they don't pull on my toes like other shoes have done and cause problems.

Upvote 0

Vegas Disney Fan

The best advice I got when I started running was to get “fit” for shoes, go to a running store and ask them, any decent running store will be able to check your pronation, check your arch, and check the shape of your feet and put you in a shoe that’s compatible with your feet.

You can buy the worlds best shoe but if it is not compatible with the shape of your foot it won’t work for you.

ETA: I also agree with the people who say bring a couple different shoes and mix it up, we bring a couple different pairs of running shoes but also Oofos, Crocs, etc just to mix it up and give our feet a break, shoes will compress and lose cushion so they may feel great day one but will feel hard by day 4 without having time to recover.

Upvote 0

Eric Graham

The best advice I got when I started running was to get “fit” for shoes, go to a running store and ask them, any decent running store will be able to check your pronation, check your arch, and check the shape of your feet and put you in a shoe that’s compatible with your feet.
That's great advice! I had to stop running because it started hurting my knees. Now I just swim, and walk.

Upvote 0

C.Witch

Skechers Go Walk sneakers.
I walk 3 miles per day for exercise at home outside year round.
And I wear them to Disney.
I also put vapor rub on my feet at Disney.
Skechers Go Walk sports sandals are great too. The straps are adjustable in three spots, and they're lined with neoprene so they never rub, and feel good even if they get wet.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom