Shocked at all the hate

vonpluto

Let's get Mikey, he hates everything....

Screen-shot-2012-11-10-at-10.46.16-AM.jpg

copcarguyp71

Drops in, doesn't like truthful discussion, stirs it up a bit and disappears?

Thanks for the laugh.

Another reason why I honestly think there should be a moratorium on posting by new members. Join...get a five to ten day waiting period and then post away. How many new members immediately post inflammatory or ridiculous threads never to be heard from again? I am not trying to judge against new members as new blood has proven to be a good thing in the long haul but the waiting period might weed out some of this...but I am glad that Katiebug and this new member were able to post so we all had a worthwhile way to spend a Wednesday night...TV stinks on Wednesdays... ;)

Chrischris10

I came across website WDWMagic.com while looking up information on Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party for December. After half a hour reading through discussions, I could not believe all the hatred and overall negative vibes coming from the people here. People upset because Frozen has too big a presence in the parks. People upset because the Disney World is not building a new major ride every year. People upset because certain resorts are undergoing rennovation or construction. This has not only apalled me as someone who has visited the World since the late 1970's, but as a parent of two princesses of my own ages 4 and 9 who still believe in the magic, finding happiness where others find reason to complain. My question is why? Why look at the glass half empty when there is so much magic and memories worth remembering, rather than focus on the bad? There are many who never get a chance to visit Disney World. Imagine how grateful they would be to take change places with those who go often and get upset so easily? I wish someone at Disney could hide this negativity so not to ruin the magic for those who truly appreciate it. We have our next trip coming in December 2014 early March of next year, and look forward to our visit as always. There are some of us who appreciate Disney World for what it is, not try to find every small detail worth complaining over. If someone could take down these postings who spout hatred over Disney World, which could give not only children the wrong idea of the place, but lifelong fans of yours like my husband and myself.

I am new here as a member but I have been reading these forums for at least a year. I have to say that while people do seem to give lots of negative reviews, I believe this is caused by deep emotional feelings for Disney and what it represents or represented. Of course since this is a forum we are all supposed to give our opinions whether they are good or bad and should never have our posts deleted unless it is inappropriate. We should though consider the point of views of others before making up our minds on a topic.

Last edited:

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Would LA refer to Louisiana, Lower Alabama or the City of Angels? ;-)

The City of Angels, to match the photo of Walt & Mickey in Walt's car in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle. The number of people who think LA means Lower Alabama in the South still makes me chuckle.

Matt_Black

I am new here as a member but I have been reading these forums for at least a year. I have to say that while people do seem to give lots of negative reviews, I believe this is caused by deep emotional feelings for Disney and what it represents or represented. Of course since this is a forum we are all supposed to give our opinions whether they are good or bad and should never have our posts deleted unless it is inappropriate. We should though consider the point of views of others before making up our minds on a topic.

See, now here's the thing- the other day, someone started a thread to talk about how much they enjoyed the Jingle Cruise. It was followed up by several posters agreeing or saying they were glad that the OP had such a great time. Then someone came in and started complaining about how cheap and lazy TDO was. They could have gone to another, more neutral thread or started their own. Instead, they did what other message boards refer to as "threadcrapping". THAT is the kind of thing that I think the OP of this thread is focusing on.

It's good that people are passionate, but I have noticed that, compared to other WDW boards, there is a greater propensity for sarcasm, insults, and just plain meanness when a disagreement comes up.

Minnie1976

Would LA refer to Louisiana, Lower Alabama or the City of Angels? ;-)
Thanks for mentioning my state, Louisiana!!! This is a funny thread!
I have gone to Disney for years and I've seen things change. Some I like, some I don't but it is what it is and I love Disney!!! It makes feel like a kid again and I enjoy every minute I'm there. Glad I'm not the oldest one of this board.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Thanks for mentioning my state, Louisiana!!! This is a funny thread!
I have gone to Disney for years and I've seen things change. Some I like, some I don't but it is what it is and I love Disney!!! It makes feel like a kid again and I enjoy every minute I'm there. Glad I'm not the oldest one of this board.

Yeah, I think Grammiebee has us all beat.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
See, now here's the thing- the other day, someone started a thread to talk about how much they enjoyed the Jingle Cruise. It was followed up by several posters agreeing or saying they were glad that the OP had such a great time. Then someone came in and started complaining about how cheap and lazy TDO was. They could have gone to another, more neutral thread or started their own. Instead, they did what other message boards refer to as "threadcrapping". THAT is the kind of thing that I think the OP of this thread is focusing on.

It's good that people are passionate, but I have noticed that, compared to other WDW boards, there is a greater propensity for sarcasm, insults, and just plain meanness when a disagreement comes up.

So you think every topic should have two threads, one positive and one negative?

Walt Disney1955

I came across website WDWMagic.com while looking up information on Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party for December. After half a hour reading through discussions, I could not believe all the hatred and overall negative vibes coming from the people here. People upset because Frozen has too big a presence in the parks. People upset because the Disney World is not building a new major ride every year. People upset because certain resorts are undergoing rennovation or construction. This has not only apalled me as someone who has visited the World since the late 1970's, but as a parent of two princesses of my own ages 4 and 9 who still believe in the magic, finding happiness where others find reason to complain. My question is why? Why look at the glass half empty when there is so much magic and memories worth remembering, rather than focus on the bad? There are many who never get a chance to visit Disney World. Imagine how grateful they would be to take change places with those who go often and get upset so easily? I wish someone at Disney could hide this negativity so not to ruin the magic for those who truly appreciate it. We have our next trip coming in December 2014 early March of next year, and look forward to our visit as always. There are some of us who appreciate Disney World for what it is, not try to find every small detail worth complaining over. If someone could take down these postings who spout hatred over Disney World, which could give not only children the wrong idea of the place, but lifelong fans of yours like my husband and myself.

This is the world we live in, unfortunately. People tend to be jaded on the internet. Maybe even ungrateful. Hey look, we live in a world where we are convinced that the "middle class" in North America is the "other 98%" while the CEOs of the world are the 2%. I won't get too far into it, but the truth of the matter is, if you live in a house in North America, have a car, have running water, have HOT water, have a cell phone, have the internet/cable then I hate to break it to you, but from a WORLD's standpoint you ARE the 2%. Tell the kid in Africa drinking brown water your problems about your boss making more money than you, he'll be staring at that fancy thing you're texting with. He's the REAL 98%.

So are we humble yet?

Hopefully, but not everyone sees it that way unfortunately. Put it this way, if you are able to afford a trip to Disney World, you are a privileged person. End quote.

Now, I get why there are complaints on here. Walt was a very driven man, he was a perfectionist. He constantly wanted to improve things. I think you should always strive to better yourself in life. Nothing wrong with that. I think some people have that mentality here which is good because that's why Disney trumps any Six Flags park anyday of the week. This is why Disney still has fond nostalgia for the past, they don't trample their past like Universal (Jaws) they embrace it, build around it. We can thank the public for this because we demand it to be this way, and it is generally, more so in Disneyland though.

But there are people on here just looking for a reason to complain as well, and that isn't good. You're at the best theme park in the world, not everyone gets a chance to come here, and not everyone gets a chance to RETURN here.

Chrischris10

This is the world we live in, unfortunately. People tend to be jaded on the internet. Maybe even ungrateful. Hey look, we live in a world where we are convinced that the "middle class" in North America is the "other 98%" while the CEOs of the world are the 2%. I won't get too far into it, but the truth of the matter is, if you live in a house in North America, have a car, have running water, have HOT water, have a cell phone, have the internet/cable then I hate to break it to you, but from a WORLD's standpoint you ARE the 2%. Tell the kid in Africa drinking brown water your problems about your boss making more money than you, he'll be staring at that fancy thing you're texting with. He's the REAL 98%.

So are we humble yet?

Hopefully, but not everyone sees it that way unfortunately. Put it this way, if you are able to afford a trip to Disney World, you are a privileged person. End quote.

Now, I get why there are complaints on here. Walt was a very driven man, he was a perfectionist. He constantly wanted to improve things. I think you should always strive to better yourself in life. Nothing wrong with that. I think some people have that mentality here which is good because that's why Disney trumps any Six Flags park anyday of the week. This is why Disney still has fond nostalgia for the past, they don't trample their past like Universal (Jaws) they embrace it, build around it. We can thank the public for this because we demand it to be this way, and it is generally, more so in Disneyland though.

But there are people on here just looking for a reason to complain as well, and that isn't good. You're at the best theme park in the world, not everyone gets a chance to come here, and not everyone gets a chance to RETURN here.

So basically be thankful for what we have....? A little off topic but I get your point.

BuddyThomas

Another reason why I honestly think there should be a moratorium on posting by new members. Join...get a five to ten day waiting period and then post away. How many new members immediately post inflammatory or ridiculous threads never to be heard from again? I am not trying to judge against new members as new blood has proven to be a good thing in the long haul but the waiting period might weed out some of this...but I am glad that Katiebug and this new member were able to post so we all had a worthwhile way to spend a Wednesday night...TV stinks on Wednesdays... ;)
What are you talking about?? Survivor. Modern Family. American Horror Story. TV rocks on Wednesday nights! Now back to our regularly scheduled dissection of this wacky thread.

LAKid53

Premium Member
No. However, the clear intent of the thread in question was to be focus on the positive aspects. The poster in question made a conscious and deliberate effort to be a party pooper.

Every party likes a pooper....

Sorry, couldn't resist. It's the "Kid" in me. :p

BrerJon

Wow, what a fun thread to find.
Please see thread discussion: "Trending Blog Topic What Is Really Like Working For Walt Disney World". None of what was said is true and is fueled with hate toward the company. Please have removed.

OK, so in order to know that, I assume you're a current or former Cast Member. If not, you have no business claiming that blog is fictional.

So as you work for Disney, I'm surprised you haven't heard of the Disney Parks Blog. I think that's exactly what you seem to be looking for from this forum - tightly controlled, nothing negative, and every price increase, broken attraction, park cutback or reduction in hours is treated with joyful glee.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom