Shocked at all the hate

lazyboy97o

That's the thing... it's Disney World. It's not that deep lol some people get so upset over a theme park. Enjoy it for what it is or don't go. Or you could go online and complain and complain and complain. Hmm... That seems to help.
Ah yes, the silly amusements argument. that only hurts your position because it means you admit to wasting far too much time and resources on nothingness.

lazyboy97o

I didn't say silly amusements, Disney is one of the biggest brands that holds nostalgia for people of all ages including family units. It's also one of the biggest brands that capitalizes on it with Disney Parks. As a fan I do stay informed for pleasure purposes. But at the end of the day the parks are for entertainment and some people do take it too seriously and read way too much into it. It's hilarious to me that some people really go online and get all butthurt and cry about Disney World. It's safe to say that those people don't have much going on in their lives.
Again, that just means you have nothing going on with your life if you waste on theme parks.

devoy1701

I for one am appalled by the state of the Transportation system at WDW. I'm specifically talking Monorails and Ferries. We road the monorail 3 times on Saturday and the ferry once. Each time we had to "wait for further traffic clearance." What should have been an 8-minute trip from the TTC to Epcot took 15. What should have been a 3-4 minute trip from the TTC to MK on the Express Monorail took 12. In the evening leaving MK they had two ferry's operating. The ferry from the TTC was halfway across seven seas lagoon and had to idle before we even departed from the dock.

btw...I'm glad that Park Ops is finally "allowing" people to stand on the road to stake up their prime spot for fireworks ahead of the show...but they really need to move to the one-way traffic thing. the 8ft-wide sidewalks are not big enough for 2-way traffic when prepping for parades or fireworks. Left sidewalk should be for traffic heading south down Main Street, right sidewalk should be for traffic heading into the park, and the Hub should be treated as a roundabout. It will make things much simpler.

Last edited:

imagineer boy

I came across website WDWMagic.com while looking up information on Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party for December. After half a hour reading through discussions, I could not believe all the hatred and overall negative vibes coming from the people here. People upset because Frozen has too big a presence in the parks. People upset because the Disney World is not building a new major ride every year. People upset because certain resorts are undergoing rennovation or construction. This has not only apalled me as someone who has visited the World since the late 1970's, but as a parent of two princesses of my own ages 4 and 9 who still believe in the magic, finding happiness where others find reason to complain. My question is why? Why look at the glass half empty when there is so much magic and memories worth remembering, rather than focus on the bad? There are many who never get a chance to visit Disney World. Imagine how grateful they would be to take change places with those who go often and get upset so easily? I wish someone at Disney could hide this negativity so not to ruin the magic for those who truly appreciate it. We have our next trip coming in December 2014 early March of next year, and look forward to our visit as always. There are some of us who appreciate Disney World for what it is, not try to find every small detail worth complaining over. If someone could take down these postings who spout hatred over Disney World, which could give not only children the wrong idea of the place, but lifelong fans of yours like my husband and myself.

The Dude: Hey man, maybe if you actually listened then you might actually learn something.

Cesar R M

Again, that just means you have nothing going on with your life if you waste on theme parks.

thank_you_for_input_sherlock.gif
WP6CeWk.gif

can you guys get a room already? its getting tiresome with the petty fight.

Captain Chaos

I didn't say silly amusements, Disney is one of the biggest brands that holds nostalgia for people of all ages including family units (and me, which is why I come here). It's also one of the biggest brands that capitalizes on it with Disney Parks. As a fan I do stay informed for pleasure purposes. But at the end of the day the parks are for entertainment and some people do take it too seriously and read way too much into it. It's hilarious to me that some people really go online and get all butthurt and cry about Disney World. It's safe to say that those people don't have much else going on in their lives.

It is hilarious to me that people really go online and get all butthurt and cry and complain about people complaining about Walt Disney World. it is safe to say that those people don't have much else going on in their lives.

Cesar R M

It is hilarious to me that people really go online and get all butthurt and cry and complain about people complaining about Walt Disney World. it is safe to say that those people don't have much else going on in their lives.
CAPTAIN CHAOS. HOW DO YOU DARE TO PRESS ME IN THE INTERNETS BY CALLING ME FOR MY OBVIOUSLY DUMB AND INFLATED COMPLAINS!!!
:hilarious:
JozAhjE.gif

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
:arghh::cry::depressed::in pain::hungover::facepalm:
Fortunately, no SEC teams will make the playoffs this year :cool:

Not that I'm an SEC fan, but if 'Bama wins their remaining games, including the SEC championship, don't know how the committee cannot put them in the top four. However, if they lose to Auburn and Ole Miss beats Mississippi State, will be interesting to see who will represent the West in the title game, with 3 teams with two division losses. However, in spite of what my DD wishes for, I don't think Miss State will loose to Ole Miss and Auburn won't get lucky this year against Alabama.

This is my prediction for the 4 teams, in no particular order: FSU, 1 loss SEC Champ, Oregon (if they end up winning the Pac 12), either TCU/Baylor/Ohio State (if any end up with just one loss). And we thought the BCS was messed up......

LAKid53

Premium Member
The truth about Jaws: it was over rated, out dated, and not having it there does not negatively impact the parks attendance (many of the people that complain about it gravitate towards websites like this). Universal has made big $$$ off Diagon Alley when they would have been spending big $$$ to continue operating Jaws to thousands of people that would be thinking "this is so 1990."

Bring it on!! :)

1990? I rode Jaws in 1983.....in Hollywood, California. Now that we have to distinguish between Hollywood, CA and Hollywood, FL. lol

LAKid53

Premium Member
Yeah people will always ***** and complain, sometimes just to do so lol. A lot of old bitter people that think they know best over the team responsible for the biggest theme park in the world. I think Disney is doing just fine - they are always adding more attractions and even whole sections. Not to mention other projects like Shanghai Disneyland. They are always working and trying to improve.

I do admit that I'm disappointed with a lot of the removals at Hollywood Studios but I'm confident that it's only to make room for new attractions that will make HS great again.

Some of us on the mature side of life with a tad more discretionary income to spend take exception to your characterization of us as "old bitter people". And the correct usage is WHO not THAT.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I bet you feel really clever!

dkoFX.gif

Thank you for identifying with that group and making my point once again. Also, income is never a valid internet argument as you have no idea about the next person's life and could easily lie about your own. Finally, anyone critiquing grammar on a WDW internet forum is just pathetically reaching at an attempt to diss someone when they have no other valid arguments.

PS. You can use either "who" OR "that" in the sentence I originally used. Thanks for playing.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-26096-1326560486-1.gif

Well, well, well....

I was and still will object to your inference that individuals beyond a certain age are automatically "old and bitter" and shouldn't utilize the knowledge and experience gained through the years in their observations. You know what your comment smacks of? Ageism. And the grammar I learned in school used who with people and that with groups or things.

Goofyernmost

Yeah people will always ***** and complain, sometimes just to do so lol. A lot of old bitter people that think they know best over the team responsible for the biggest theme park in the world.

Some of us on the mature side of life with a tad more discretionary income to spend take exception to your characterization of us as "old bitter people". And the correct usage is WHO not THAT.

Thank you for identifying with that group and making my point once again. Also, income is never a valid internet argument as you have no idea about the next person's life and could easily lie about your own. Finally, anyone critiquing grammar on a WDW internet forum is just pathetically reaching at an attempt to diss someone when they have no other valid arguments.
Even I took exception to the phrase "old bitter people" but not for the same reason. My reasons are that it is not the older people that are complaining, it is more the middle aged folks that, understandably, trying desperately to hang on to their youth and everything that they associate with that youth.

As one ages, they start to realize that there are many things in life that we wish were different, but, we also recognize that the world goes on and there is very little that we can do about it. Personally, I see problems and I even mention them often, but, without the fire and importance that some see them.

Most of us that have been around awhile have seen life for what it is and, frankly, in order of importance on a scale of 1 to 10, anything that happens at a theme park would be judged to be -5 in the grand scheme of things. There is no way that I could ever get all charged up about anything that the management of Disney Parks do.

If it gets to the point that I no longer feel any good feelings when visiting WDW, for example, that will be the point in time when I stop going. They can do what they want. It isn't going to have any impact on Walt himself, so there is no need to always resurrect his ghost as if what happens now has anything to do with him personally or that we know how he would react to things today. Even if we knew, it wouldn't matter really.

But, on the plus side, it does give everyone something to talk about.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom