Shocked at all the hate

Cesar R M

Seasoned customers eventually get sick or die or just get too old to go anymore. No business that expects to be around a long time only targets their current clientele. You will need to explain what you mean by "Impress the repeat visitor and you'll impress the first time visitor". How? Especially since you seem to think that there is no reason to pursue first timers.
Have you been to a Disney Cruise? theres loads of old timers. I went to WDW in a "off season" and seen a lot of 60+ visitors.

Still, its better to have a revolving door customer for 30+ years saying "still awesome!"than 20 one-time customers who write everywhere "the visit was meh".

Goofyernmost

Have you been to a Disney Cruise? theres loads of old timers. I went to WDW in a "off season" and seen a lot of 60+ visitors.

Still, its better to have a revolving door customer for 30+ years saying "still awesome!"than 20 one-time customers who write everywhere "the visit was meh".
OK, but why are you assuming that what they are going to say is "meh". What happens after those 30 years are done. Who do they have as their base at that point? It's those of us that have become jaded that are saying things like that. Out of all those first timers there will be a percentage that will become repeat visitors. They need those to maintain the next 30 years.

I'm sure you have seen a lot of 60+ visitors, I'm one of them, but, I am realistic enough to know that I will not be able to do that for the next 30 years. Besides I am already hooked. They do not need to do for me anymore. Even if all the new stuff that has been rumored starts tomorrow, there is no guarantee that I will be able to ever see it in person.

wdwstateofmind

I post on these boards primarily because I want to see if others feel the same as I do. There are times when I read about another hard ticket event that only costs $120 per person and I get aggravated when all I see is gushing posts from people who can't wait to attend.
I do spend a lot on a WDW vacation. I am frustrated because I have the perception that I am paying more every year and getting less from Disney. Yes, I could choose to go elsewhere, and this year I will spend half of my vacation dollars at Universal, something I have never done. But I'm hoping that my complaints, along with may others, will result in some positive changes.
So let me get this correct....you're upset people can afford events under the justification that you have already paid for a Disney vacation and can't afford the other ticketed event? I hate to break it to you, but that's called life. I want a Maserati, but I'm stuck with a Volvo; If I take your sense of entitlement I should hate anyone who drives a nicer car than me...

lazyboy97o

It is almost a shame, when a ride is replaced, ie MTWW, or SWSA, they can't be moved to a yesterland park and be operated there. You would have the new ride, yet the nostalgia would still be there for others. And yes, I know, it won't happen.
A Yesterland park completely negates the whole concept of theme. The theme park experience is more than a collection of good rides.

Minnie1976

I just think Fantasyland at DLR is better. There's Toad, Alice in Wonderland, Pinnochio, Storybook canal boats and train, Snow White, Peter Pan, Dumbo and the Carousel. It just seems like there's a lot more than at WDW. Ariel is in DCA and Pooh is in critter country. I'm not that impressed by the WDW's Fantasyland update, but I do love the new circus area!
I was so glad when we went to DLR that you could still ride in front of the monorail, but so disappointed that Wedway was no longer there. There are always changes and some people like them and others don't. It doesn't mean when you are at DLR or WDW you aren't going to have a wonderful time. Whatever the changes it is still my happy place!!! Since we started going in1976, there are changes I like and some I don't. Disney has changed considerably through those years and we have seen it expand and change over the years

Cesar R M

OK, but why are you assuming that what they are going to say is "meh". What happens after those 30 years are done. Who do they have as their base at that point? It's those of us that have become jaded that are saying things like that. Out of all those first timers there will be a percentage that will become repeat visitors. They need those to maintain the next 30 years.

I'm sure you have seen a lot of 60+ visitors, I'm one of them, but, I am realistic enough to know that I will not be able to do that for the next 30 years. Besides I am already hooked. They do not need to do for me anymore. Even if all the new stuff that has been rumored starts tomorrow, there is no guarantee that I will be able to ever see it in person.
:rolleyes:

HollyAD

Kind of an interesting quote to use in this situation, considering the circumstances of the movie in relation to what has happened with Disney in the past 20 years. Similar to Disney World, Gusteau's Restaurant in Ratatouille once represented a top of its class establishment with the finest quality. Also similar to Disney World, it has stagnated and decayed in quality to a huge degree after losing its creative leader. Its brand name and mascot now shamefully exploited by an inept and greedy new leader (Skinner, comparable to Iger/Rasulo/etc) with complete disinterest and even contempt for the establishment he's inherited. He uses the brand/mascot to cash in on the sale of poor products aimed at people with lower standards of quality. It took a major change in both the leadership and the "creative" force to restore the quality the restaurant once had. This kind of shift in leadership and creative quality has yet to become a reality at Disney, at least fully (particularly the parks, animation is improving somewhat at least).

Anton Ego was also a critic who actively disliked the thing he was critiquing in the first place, he always harbored a personal grudge against Gusteau and his ideals, wanting to see him and his restaurant burn. He had no personal interest in the restaurant beyond wishing to see it and its owner knocked down while he spat on its remains (something he achieved by destroying the restaurant's reputation and even driving a good man to his grave who possessed both great skill and legitimate love for his craft). For him to retract this opinion and fundamentally change the way he thought from then on, it required something both of the absolute highest standard of quality imaginable, but also something that was personally significant to him (in this case nostalgia). It took a change in the restaurant to change him, he would not have undergone this shift had Skinner been running things and Remi/Lingini not been around.

The critics on this forum are nothing like Ego, I don't think any of us enjoy reading or writing negative things about Disney. Quite the opposite for me, but it is an unfortunate necessity in this era. We care about the company and its future. We criticize because we're massive fans. We want the company to have amazing success, but demand that it achieves it by adhering to the standards of quality it once held itself to. Anyone who is a fan of something would be irresponsible not to hold them to a certain standard, criticizing them when they don't meet that standard.
Thank you. I love this statement.

lazyboy97o

Yeah people will always ***** and complain, sometimes just to do so lol. A lot of old bitter people that think they know best over the team responsible for the biggest theme park in the world. I think Disney is doing just fine - they are always adding more attractions and even whole sections. Not to mention other projects like Shanghai Disneyland. They are always working and trying to improve.

I do admit that I'm disappointed with a lot of the removals at Hollywood Studios but I'm confident that it's only to make room for new attractions that will make HS great again.
How is Shanghai Disneyland a factor in the operation of Walt Disney World?

lazyboy97o

Read the first line of my last post lol.

I said I think DISNEY is always working on new attractions, full sections and even brand new theme parks. What I meant is that I don't think the Disney Parks team just injected Frozen into WDW and called it a day and are now sitting on their tails. They are always busy planning new attractions to keep us happy and the truth is that some people just still won't be.

Frozen was a HUGE movie and adding it to the theme parks are keeping a lot of people happy. Some aren't but that's just the way it goes.
The complaints are far deeper than new rides. Disney also isn't some small rag tag group that is stretched thin. And most of this discussion has not been about Frozen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom