Shocked at all the hate

bethntinksMama

Original Poster
I came across website WDWMagic.com while looking up information on Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party for December. After half a hour reading through discussions, I could not believe all the hatred and overall negative vibes coming from the people here. People upset because Frozen has too big a presence in the parks. People upset because the Disney World is not building a new major ride every year. People upset because certain resorts are undergoing rennovation or construction. This has not only apalled me as someone who has visited the World since the late 1970's, but as a parent of two princesses of my own ages 4 and 9 who still believe in the magic, finding happiness where others find reason to complain. My question is why? Why look at the glass half empty when there is so much magic and memories worth remembering, rather than focus on the bad? There are many who never get a chance to visit Disney World. Imagine how grateful they would be to take change places with those who go often and get upset so easily? I wish someone at Disney could hide this negativity so not to ruin the magic for those who truly appreciate it. We have our next trip coming in December 2014 early March of next year, and look forward to our visit as always. There are some of us who appreciate Disney World for what it is, not try to find every small detail worth complaining over. If someone could take down these postings who spout hatred over Disney World, which could give not only children the wrong idea of the place, but lifelong fans of yours like my husband and myself.

epcotisbest

I came across website WDWMagic.com while looking up information on Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party for December. After half a hour reading through discussions, I could not believe all the hatred and overall negative vibes coming from the people here. People upset because Frozen has too big a presence in the parks. People upset because the Disney World is not building a new major ride every year. People upset because certain resorts are undergoing rennovation or construction. This has not only apalled me as someone who has visited the World since the late 1970's, but as a parent of two princesses of my own ages 4 and 9 who still believe in the magic, finding happiness where others find reason to complain. My question is why? Why look at the glass half empty when there is so much magic and memories worth remembering, rather than focus on the bad? There are many who never get a chance to visit Disney World. Imagine how grateful they would be to take change places with those who go often and get upset so easily? I wish someone at Disney could hide this negativity so not to ruin the magic for those who truly appreciate it. We have our next trip coming in December 2014 early March of next year, and look forward to our visit as always. There are some of us who appreciate Disney World for what it is, not try to find every small detail worth complaining over. If someone could take down these postings who spout hatred over Disney World, which could give not only children the wrong idea of the place, but lifelong fans of yours like my husband and myself.
Yeah, I got called ignorant on here today. Lots of hate, but lots of good people on here as well.

Nemo14

If someone could take down these postings who spout hatred over Disney World, which could give not only children the wrong idea of the place, but lifelong fans of yours like my husband and myself.

After rereading the original post, it almost sounds like she thinks this is an official Disney site ("fans of yours"?). This is a discussion board where we discuss the good and the bad. It gets heated sometimes (OK often) but it is the most informative and well-run site ABOUT Disney on the internet.

MKCP 1985

There are other sites known to moderate with a heavy hand if that is what you are looking for. The thing that has kept me coming back to this site for 10 years now is that you are likely to find an objective view of new developments at Walt Disney World in between the "everything is great" posts and the "everything is going to ruin" posts. When new Fantasyland was first announced, the plans were posted here, as at other websites. I have to believe some of the negative responses to all the meet and greets played some role in getting us the 7 Dwarfs Mine Train. If all the negative posts had been removed, where would we be?

Hate is not good, but neither is giving Disney the power over this website to remove all posts that express anything other than happiness.

bethntinksMama

Original Poster
Please see thread discussion: "Trending Blog Topic What Is Really Like Working For Walt Disney World". None of what was said is true and is fueled with hate toward the company. Please have removed.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
The owner of this site runs a fair and open forum, allowing for discussion of many points of view. It's moderated in terms of the appropriate content, but otherwise most opinions are welcome....

5thGenTexan

December-12-2011-03-55-26-technohell1.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom