She Kissed a Frog and She Liked It! July 2012 Trip Report

Hi Everyone,

We are back from our latest trip to WDW and it was a blast. WDW is still a magical place despite some of the issues she may be experiencing, we truly had a great family vacation. Seeing the Magic Kingdom through the eyes of a three year old gives you a whole new perspective.

Anyone have a trick for shrinking photos so they can upload to the website? Every time I try to post a pic I get told that the file is too large. Anyone know what the max size is? Thanks, full report is on its way!

The Pre Trip report can be read here: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/i-dont-want-to-kiss-a-frog-ptr.841333/, it'll give you a taste for the cast.

minnielaw

What an awesome day in Princess heaven! I have two boys so I have never been able to do the princess thing...maybe I will go back alone one day and do all princess all day!

Precious pictures of your daughter with the princesses, fairies, evil stepmother and step-sisters...so cute!

olinecoach61

Original Poster
What an awesome day in Princess heaven! I have two boys so I have never been able to do the princess thing...maybe I will go back alone one day and do all princess all day!

Precious pictures of your daughter with the princesses, fairies, evil stepmother and step-sisters...so cute!
It was a lot of princesses! I had enough of them by lunch time of that day.

HouCuseChickie

Love the picture of Grandpa wearing Molly's ears. DD5 has the pink princess ones she was trying on and DH wound up wearing them for the better part of a day...funny, but he got quite a few compliments. :) And nice freebie on the embroidery! I think I paid close to $4 each when I had my girls' ears done- so nice savings! Major props also for going in search of all of the other princesses not at CRT. She looked soooooo happy when she met Tiana and Rapunzel. I also know the feeling of kids not eating at CRT...or really any character meal for that matter. I always prefer if we're on the early side fo the character rotation b/c they'll actually settle down and eat after we've seen everyone.

Can't wait to read more!

olinecoach61

Original Poster
Day 3: Its a Jungle Out There...

We began day 3 with Animal kingdom and breakfast at Tusker House. The restaurant was over run with people for the 8am breakfast and it was very hectic and chaotic. We really did not care for the way the cast members spoke to us or the rest of their paying customers. Yelling out "hurry up, Donald doesn't sign anything", etc really takes some magic out of your morning. That said the food was good for a buffet, highlights included the waffles and tater tots. The character interactions besides Donald were great. We were seated next to a Brazilian tour group, they were well mannered and we had no isues with them. We will not be attending this restaurant again, just a poor experience.

DSC01916.jpg

DSC01921.jpg

After breakfast we lined up for rope drop and headed for Kilamanjaro Safari. We got on the 4th or 5th bus after the crowd ignored castmember directions and took off running, oh well. We saw a ton of animals! We have never seen so many, it was great! One of my favorite shots:

DSC01995.jpg

At one point these giraffes were so close I could've reached out and petted them. The Safari did seem a little weird without the full poachers story, it seems to be missing something.

Next we toured the Jungle Trek, the baby gorilla was really cute, again they were easily within eye sight. It was ridiculously hot by this point so we headed towards the Lion King show. It was a great break from the heat and a wonderful show! This was our second time seeing it and we enjoyed as much as the first.

DSC02233.jpg

Twirling Fire!

DSC02106.jpg

Grandpa rocks Molly's latest ears!

We headed picked up fastpasses for Kali River and Expedition Everest. While we waited, we searched for an air conditioned restaurant, not an easy thing to do in AK. We ended up at Pizzasafari, at least it was cool inside.

Dino Land was next and Molly got her face painted and rode Triceratops Spin, she does enjoy her spinners!

DSC02291.jpg

This was called the "Cinderella"

Kali River did not disappoint and we got soaked! It felt good, infortunaltely by this time the heat was taking its toll on our crew so we decided to head back for some R and R. I passed out our EE fastpasses to a nice looking family near the fastpass station, it felt good to spread a little magic!

We didn't do too much this evening, these early breakfasts were catching up with us! We hit Via Napoli for dinner, Oh My God! Such good pizza! It is the thinnest crust I have ever eaten, it almost melted in your mouth. I had the fresh mozz app, an individual pepperoni pizza, and an italian cream soda, WOW!!

IMG_0563.jpg

Trust me when I say this picture doesn't do it justice, everyone loved their food and we will return!

On the way out of EPCOT we hit Three Caballeros in Mexico, molly seemed to like it. We were all tired so we monorailed back to the Poly.

Next Up: Return to the Magic Kingdom!

olinecoach61

Original Poster
Day 4: Sleeping In Never Felt So Good!

We had canceled our ADRs at Akerhaus due to exhaustion, the pace was wearing on teh gang so we slept in today. It was a great idea if I do say so myself, everyone, especially Molly, was feeling much better. As we arrived at the Great Ceremonial House we were turned away from the monorail, it was temporarily closed sue to debris on the track. :(

So we hopped on the resort launch and sailed to the Magic Kingdom. We headed straight for fantasyland determined to get Molly on some rides. We had a blast, Molly could've stayed in fantasyland all day. We rode Small World, picked up fast passes for Pooh, and scored surprise fastpasses for Dumbo! Awesome!
DSC02329.jpg

Surprise!

The new fantasyland is going to be great, peeking over the walls and seeing the area with your eyes gives you a whole new perspective on the size and scope of this addition, Its gonna be great!

DSC02418.jpg

Dumbo with Daddy!

DSC02411.jpg

Up in the air with Mommy!

DSC02356.jpg

Bumped into Alice and the White Rabbit!

Next we tackled Casey Jr., which Molly did not enjoy as much as I thought she would. From a distance she was very excited but once we were in there she did not like the noises of the animals.
(She is in a loud noise phase right now) We did see the attraction shut down twice due to kids who tried to get over the fence.

DSC02456.jpg

I think Daddy got wetter, LOL.

We headed to Columbia Harbor House for lunch, it was pretty good for a quick serve. I had the fried shrimp and it was rather tasty. We scored seats on the second floor, a good place to cool off. Molly destroyd her yogurt, an unusual offering in the world, and of course she also had nuggets and grapes.

We rode the railroad back to the main gate before departing for a siesta.
DSC02484.jpg

Riding the rails!

olinecoach61

Original Poster
Day 4 Continued!

After napping we headed back to the Magic Kingdom for dinner at Crystal Palace. Not my favorite food but Mom loves her Pooh characters. Just before we went in we caught teh Move It Shake It parade, it was very enjoyable!

DSC02537.jpg

Riding the ferry boat with Grandma and Grandpa!

DSC02633.jpg

The Girls and Pooh

DSC02655.jpg

Piglet and Molly, Molly couldn't get over how pink he was!

DSC02681.jpg

Molly and Eeyore

DSC02720.jpg

Grandpa being attacked by Tigger!

We attempted to hit Tommorrow Land after dinner but Molly was having no part of it. We tried Buzz, Monsters Inc, even the People Mover, she had no interest in anything. So we headed back to teh Poly for some pool time, Molly wanted her Volcano Pool!

We got wet for 15 minutes before a thunderstorm rolled in and people fled the pool like Jaws had attacked somebody, it was funny. So we filled our resort mugs and headed to the room for some Disney Channel time.

olinecoach61

Original Poster
Some Resort Pics:
DSC03579.jpg

Electrical Water Parade from the Poly Beach

DSC03147.jpg

The Poly at night

IMG_0575.jpg

Volcano Pool!

DSC03087.jpg
Our Fave!

DSC03056.jpg

100_0082.jpg

Right Before the Pool is Closed Due to Lightning

Attachments

• 100_0082.jpg
    100_0082.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 22

PolynesianPrincess

Awww, the pic of Molly getting her face painted is precious. She's such a beautiful little girl :)

The Poly is my dream resort so to say I'm jealous you stayed there would be an understatement!! lol

WishIWasAtWDW

great trip report! your daughter is ADORABLE! it looks like she had an amazing time on her first visit. i am so jealous that you stayed at the poly! i would love to stay there but haven't been able to get the funds to do so yet. i'm so sorry that you had such a terrible experience with the cast members at tusker house. my parents and i ate there one time and we weren't really big fans but we didn't have any trouble with rude cast members. that is too bad. i can't wait to read more of your report!

Patricia Melton

This is by far the best trip report I have ever seen on this site or any other site. It is so awesome. Thank you for posting all the pictures and sharing it with us. You have a lovely family and I am so happy you had such a nice time.

olinecoach61

Original Poster
Awww, the pic of Molly getting her face painted is precious. She's such a beautiful little girl :)

The Poly is my dream resort so to say I'm jealous you stayed there would be an understatement!! lol
We really enjoyed our time at the Poly. It just has a different feel to me than most hotels, it really feels like a resort to me. I hope you get to experience it!

olinecoach61

Original Poster
great trip report! your daughter is ADORABLE! it looks like she had an amazing time on her first visit. i am so jealous that you stayed at the poly! i would love to stay there but haven't been able to get the funds to do so yet. i'm so sorry that you had such a terrible experience with the cast members at tusker house. my parents and i ate there one time and we weren't really big fans but we didn't have any trouble with rude cast members. that is too bad. i can't wait to read more of your report!
Thanks, we really didn't enjoy Tusker house but we got over it. It was still a great day.

olinecoach61

Original Poster
This is by far the best trip report I have ever seen on this site or any other site. It is so awesome. Thank you for posting all the pictures and sharing it with us. You have a lovely family and I am so happy you had such a nice time.
Thank you, that's a very nice thing to say. :)
I enjoy reading others reports so I thought I would try this trip. Not to mention I had plenty of time to take notes while Molly slept, lol.

olinecoach61

Original Poster
Day 5: I Swear The Fish Was Huge!

Day 5 was our off day, our vacation from our vacation so to speak. In our experience its good to take a day off from the parks if you have the time.

Grandpa and I rose early for a guided fishing trip aboard a Nitro bass boat. The trip was a fathers day gift to the both of us. Our guides name was Eddie and he was a local who hoped to make it as a professional bass fisherman. Last trip we had a pontoon boat on which you use live bait, so Eddie informed us that we would have to work a lot harder this trip, he wasn't kidding!

IMG_0602.jpg

Eddie and our boat arriving at the Poly marina

We sped out to our fishing area, first around the Contemporary, later at Discovery Island. What a blast it was to fly through the water like that, from what i could tell we were doing 45 mph and skimming across the lake, it was fun!

IMG_0604.jpg

Yup, Grandpa caught the Contemporary! Actually the rocks next to it but it was quite funny!

One of my favorite aspects of the fishing trip was seeing things from a different perspective. We were able to get much closer to the other ships, we met the harbor patrol, they were nice, we saw people practicing to become captains of ships for Disney, it was really neat.

IMG_0605.jpg

This boat captain was in training, we saw him 5 or 6 times during our trip.

IMG_0608.jpg

Grandpa caught one!

IMG_0609.jpg

Eddie with the catch of the day! It was a big fish!

I must say it was really cool to see the monorail and famous buildings from such a different angle. Eddie was an awesome guide, he taught me a lot and we had a ton of fun. The final count: Grandpa caught 3, I caught 1, and Eddie caught 12 (I'm not exaggerating!)

On our way back to the marina we skimmed across the water again and waved to people taking the ferry to MK, it was awesome!

Hungry from our fishing adventure we headed to Captain Cooks for some Tonga Toast and strawberry milk, so good! Next we hit the pool for a little play time, Molly discovered the water area adjacent to the Volcano Pool and must have played in their for an hour. She made friends with another little girl and they ran around getting wet. The area is shaded very nicely so we didn't have to worry about the sun so much, which was nice. We finished up by making a sandcastle birthday cake for Mom on the beach, tomorrow was her birthday.

Next we headed to Downtown Disney for some shopping and dinner at Fulton's Crab House. We did some serious damage at World of Disney, thank goodness for the AAA discount and gift cards!

IMG_0625.jpg

Molly and Daisy at Downtown Disney

We hit Fulton's for dinner, upon arriving we were told that it was a two credit restaurant. I swear when I first booked it was a one credit, whatever. Two credits makes sense when you see the prices on the menu. Our waiter was great, very attentive and humorous. I had the New England Clam Chowder, Narragansett Lobster, and Toll House Cookie Sundae. The chowder was fabulous, the lobster was delicious, although I didn't care for the alfredo like cream on top, and the sundae was too die for!

IMG_0626.jpg

Fultons

We did have a good laugh with our waiter, when he brought the bill it showed Molly's dinner as costing $63, we all had quite the laugh considering she had pasta and a fruit cup. Our waiter said thats the way things come up with the dining plan, kinda weird...

Next Up: DHS and Breakfast with Jake!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom