Shades Of Green

optjay

Just heard thet shades of green just reopened. Anyone been buy and taken any pictures of the addition/remodel? They also added wdws first parking garage! Wondering if there is any disney touches or if it is just a plain old mall garage.

Laura

I didn't even know Shades of Green existed until a month ago, and by then they were already booked for July. Bummer. I'm gonna try to get in there next year though. It looks SO nice.

At least I got my overflow rate to Pop Century!

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

Thanks for finding those ltbeach! Those are great! It looks huge now! I so have the itch to go! :) :sohappy:

We have got to plan our next trip! Aargh!!!!:D

By the way since we have all the military types talking again, was anybody else as upset as I was that SOG was not included in the late magic hours? If this becomes permanent, and SOG is still not elligible we'll have to band together and protest!

Anybody with me? :D

Upvote 0

Laura

Question - is the Disney merchandise sold at SOG tax free since it's military owned??

If I'm not staying at SOG, can I still go there to shop as long as I have my military ID?

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

Hi Laura. We are trying to remember, but I think it's tax free. It's like a small BX. Unless they have changed the store it's small and not a huge selection but they do have some things.

You can absolutely shop there with a military ID.

Have fun at Pop, and definitely try to stay at SOG next time. It's wonderful.

Upvote 0

ltbeach

Since it is considered to be a federal installation, everything there is tax free, including shopping, tickets, and food and beverages. If i was you, i would go there to eat one night, so that you can check it out. Nothing like getting a large 3 topping pizza from the evergreens for 10.95

only 2 more weeks until i make my reservations for next year (53 weeks in advance)

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

Is SoG only open to current military and "retired" career military?

My GF's father did a stint in the armed forces, but did not re-up, so I'm assuming he'd be ineligible.

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

Hi Slappy Magoo. No your father is probably not elligible. Somewhere earlier in this thread, there's a link to see who's elligilble, if you want to check.

:)

Upvote 0

ltbeach

monday is reservation day, i am almost as excited to make the reservations as i would be actually going. I am not looking forward to the long wait on hold for the next available agent tho.

Upvote 0

Laura

How far in advance do you recommend making reservations? I'd really like to stay here next year but it's hard to predict when you can go when you're in a military family so we usually make reservations at the last minute (kind of ironic huh?).

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was on hold with them FOREVER when I called.

Upvote 0

ltbeach

If you really want to stay at the shades, i would say make them as soon as possible (53 weeks in advance like me :animwink: ) If you call and they dont have anything available, they can put you on the wait list, but sometimes that fills up. I think they can put you in another disney hotel if you cant get in the shades, but then you have to pay tax but you can still go over to the shades to eat cheaper. hope that helps.

Upvote 0

ltbeach

I'm so happy!!!! I made my reservations today at the shades of green. I know, its only reservations, but now that i have it set, it seems so much more "real" and not just planning. I waited abut 20 min on hold before i got through. The reservation operator said that the rooms are booking up fast, each week within a couple of days, so if you want reservations, better make them 1 year in advance or risk going on the waiting list.

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

WOW. SOG is filling up a year in advance even now that it's doubled in size? That makes it hard for us 6 month out planners to stay there!

I do love those overflow rates though! They help me in my goal to stay at every WDW resort! :D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom