SGE Official Opening Today

Stitchfan712

Original Poster
Alright troops, let's get a field report on the situation down there in Magic Kingdom.

A Level 3 prisoner is on the loose and word has it that he's creating havoc all over the Magic Kingdom. Your job: Find out what he's been up to, and report back to us, who cannot be there to aid in his capture. I want full photographic documentation, written accounts, and even a few opinions if you like.

It appears that he's lured some unsuspecting media into the park too. We'll need a full report on that front as well.

Alright, move out! Get your butts to MK and find out what's going on! Then report back to WDW Magic. I want you there 1 hour ago! :drevil:

40bb5c882bf74abe.jpg
40bb5e902de670e5.jpg
40bb5eb32df7529d.jpg

disgolfer

I just got back from a 10 day trip to WDW on Sunday. We saw SGE, and I am sorry to report that it is awful. The actual figure of Stitch is neat, but the overall attraction is terrible. Not much imagination was put into the development of SGE, and it really shows. I really do not think that it will be open very long because from hearing other people talking last week as they were exiting the attraction, they were not impressed either. What a shame.

Stitchfan712

Original Poster
I'm sorry to hear that. Can you tell me what it was you didn't like about the attraction, and what the other guests didn't like?

donsullivan

Premium Member
Here are a few pics taken at the Magic Kingdom today.

There is a smaller version of this one on all the lampposts on Main Street but I forgot to get a shot of those.
Stitch1.jpg

Stitch2.jpg

Stitch3.jpg
Stitch4.jpg

Stitch5.jpg

edit: Pics are now a little smaller for easier download.

disgolfer

It was almost like they just put another alien in the toob. There really was nothing original about. Stitch really is not that funny in the attraction, and the whole show just seems to stop without an ending. I would say that it is a light version of AE. I was hoping for a great new attraction because I was not a huge fan of AE.

Other people that I heard were saying the same things. They just really did not enjoy it. The wait time was posted at 35 mins., and people were saying that it was not worth the wait.

crazygirley

I am sure "non-regular" guests were probably upset that their photo-op was ruined by... uh... Stitch. I, on the other hand, am very upset that I am missing the toilet paper photo-op!

domincfh

Account Suspended
ya i was there for supersoap weekend. on sat. the line for stich was over an hour and sticking out past the normal line. i didn't wait that day and came back on monday. when i got there the ride was shut down but they said they may reopen it. they did and again the line was "25" minutes but looked alot longer. unfortunatly they werent running fast pass or fast pass was already used up by the time i got there. i heard bad things about it before i left but i still was curious. so i snuck into the fast pass line through the back and was able to catch the show.
it was horrible. disney thinks that they can change acouple things in an attraction and call it a whole new attraction. very unoriginal. i heard many guests saying the same thing also.
just a watered down version of AE.
what a shame

dxwwf3

Man if they had put this type of marketing into AE, then they would have never had to worry about attendence :)

Seriously though, I do think that this is pretty neat marketing. It would make me mad if it was my first (and only) trip to the MK to see the castle like that, but oh well. I can already tell THAT FOR MYSELF this is exactly like the film for me. The marketing (or teaser trailers in the case of the movie) is actually better than the end product itself. Meaning that what they've done in those pictures is actually more clever than the attraction itself. Just my opinion though. I do have to give major props for the marketing CM that came up with this idea though.

domincfh

Account Suspended
lets face it folks. disney is really on the cheap with rides and marketing. hey lets just throw some toilet paper of the castle. that will attract the guests. come on!!!!!!!!! sorry i even bothered sneaking in to see the ride. what a joke

Sledge

Account Suspended
Can you not walk through the castle anymore? Now it looks like it's blocked off or something. I don't remember it like that 2 years ago but maybe it's been like that for awhile. lol

TURKEY

That picture is of the forecourt area where characters do meets. You have to go up the ramps on the side. They do however block it off around show times and fireworks???.

Sge

Those were great pictures that u peeps put on the web page thx!

MickeyMab101

~One man's dream is another man's adventure!~

Figment1986

Wow... Experement 626 is known as stitch.. I thought lilo named him that.... and why did he steal me cell phone.......

Hilarious and disapointing.. They should have had something else.. think of all the missed money of people not wanting a trashec castle in their background on the street...

Lynx04

NemoRocks78 said:
How dare they throw toilet paper all over the castle! Think of all the missed photo ops for many guests.... :mad: :cry:
I think the TP is a photo op in itself, they will have the TP down by tomorrow probably. I am sure that most guest visiting MK today either has been there for a few days or will be there for a few days.

Sledge

Account Suspended
People can have to exact same pictures as the ones professionally taken except you may see people in a different color shirt or someone pushing a stroller, etc. The castle and Main Street will look the same in every picture taken in the last 4 years (with the exception of holiday decors). I doubt anybody that hasn't been would take a one day trip to Disney World. Even if their trip was only two days they would still be able to go either yesterday or tomorrow to see the normal state of the MK. :lol:

EDIT: Dang you Lynx...you said almost the exact same thing I was typing about the trips at the exact same time, you just beat me to posting it by a minute. :lol:

Jfc2021

i was there on sunday and i have to agree that it was bad. it seems that they didn't put any thought into it. just replaced the alien with stitch. even the animatronic in the pre-show is the same! Very Lame if you ask me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom