News Several character meet and greets to be cut at Walt Disney World as labor shortage continues

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So if you're going to take money from someone's retirement to pay a character performer slightly more, you have to be pretty well justified to do it. In this case I think they are, but I also realize that there could be many other determining factors where a straight up wage increase doesn't solve the problem.

You just eloquently explained the lack of grasp of what Disney is by some of its most ardent (and dwindling) defenders.

LSLS

They have to keep their guests happy in order to keep the revenue coming in.

I think the issue people are really trying to come to grasp is that, guests are really easy to please.

Somewhat. The thing is, when things cost more, people have much higher expectations as well. I'm going to be a lot angrier if my $4,000 wasn't worth it than if my $200 wasn't worth it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Somewhat. The thing is, when things cost more, people have much higher expectations as well. I'm going to be a lot angrier if my $4,000 wasn't worth it than if my $200 wasn't worth it.
Indeed…which is the reason the “luxury” plan is DOA.

Think people willing to fork $15,000 a week want to pay $110 for the noodles at ohana or a bars that close at 10 pm?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Whether or not John Doe is making enough off his Disney stock to retire on. I seriously don't think Disney doesn't give two ______ about
Those ACTUALLY living off Disney stock…are doing so via institutional investors. The largest shareholder is the California public employees retirement fund.

Which means few if any look up DIS at 9:45 am and calculate if the rent will be paid.

They tell kids in college (obviously on this thread)…that all “wealth” is on the American stock exchanges for individuals. That’s a bit of a rosy picture. Watch it play..

el_super

People's expectations can vary wildly. If your expectation of going on a Disney vacation is watching your kids have fun, and getting lots of pictures to post on instagram, then your expectations for a trip in 2022 are still being exceeded.

Indeed…which is the reason the “luxury” plan is DOA.

I'm getting old and lost track... are we in the thread where we are complaining that no one could possibly want to go or are we in the thread where we are saying the place is still packed despite the reservation caps?

Jrb1979

People's expectations can vary wildly. If your expectation of going on a Disney vacation is watching your kids have fun, and getting lots of pictures to post on instagram, then your expectations for a trip in 2022 are still being exceeded.
That to me has never made sense. Living vicariously through your kids is something I don't get. That's especially for vacations. I would never take a vacation somewhere for my kids to enjoy if I don't enjoy it too.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm getting old and lost track... are we in the thread where we are complaining that no one could possibly want to go or are we in the thread where we are saying the place is still packed despite the reservation caps?
You’ve lost track because you’ve literally been reversing yourself post by post for days…outkicked your coverage here.

I’m not the only one noticing/thinking this.

I hope Burbank pays you to try and lay smokescreen with losts of diversions. You shouldn’t do it for free 💰

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That to me has never made sense. Living vicariously through your kids is something I don't get. That's especially for vacations. I would never take a vacation somewhere for my kids to enjoy if I don't enjoy it too.
Living vicariously through your kids is SPECIFICALLY what Disney parks were designed not to do.

But we hate history this week…apparently?

They opened Victoria and alberts just for the kiddies

Chi84

Premium Member
Oh I’m pretty sure most people feel the same way. I doubt anyone is spending that much money only to see their kids with Mickey.

MrPromey

Did you vote at the shareholder meeting? Maybe you can convince the shareholders to make the changes you want to see in the world.

Funny.

You know full well that as a non-institutional investor, my vote really does squat. (or maybe you're only pretending to understand this stuff, I don't know)

I did get my ballot, though - that's the only thing they bother to send anymore now that they're not sending checks.

That said, what is keeping me in is not wanting to sell at these prices and nothing they seem to be doing "for the investors" appears to be doing much positive, so where's your argument, again?

The whole "their only duty is to the investors" line was all well and fine as a defense when it was trading at $197 last year in the middle of COVID but today at $102 and no dividend, who exactly is being served by anything they're doing while they are making "record breaking" profits?

The "owners" sure aren't seeing any of that surplus.

Last edited:

el_super

You know full well that as a non-institutional investor, my vote really does squat.

Why do you suppose the institutional investors, the ones that spend all day and night working to understand how these things are supposed to work, have a completely different opinion from yours?

It's so weird how these threads always continually devolve into a rant about how things can't possibly be the way they are...

... And yet they are.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom