News Several character meet and greets to be cut at Walt Disney World as labor shortage continues

Lirael

Coming soon: Meet and Greet+

With M&G+ you can now schedule in advance to meet your favorite character!

For the price of...whateverpricetheycangetawaywith... you pay daily for the chance of choosing up to 3 characters to meet. After paying you'll be taken to a screen to pick from available characters and slots

Some really famous characters such as Elsa and Mickey might bit be available in MG+... but not to worry! They have iltheir own Individual meet and greet that you can pay for

It's just like genie+... for characters only!

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
You know, it's almost like the local workforce knows what to expect with Disney and is actively avoiding it.
It's almost like there's a nationwide labor shortage that has nothing to do with The Walt Disney Company or locals in Central Florida.

Here's one from the Left and one from the Right so you can pick your poison.

Schweino

It's not that simple.
I don't think it's that complicated, either. I've read a lot about the shortage (hey, I work for a tech firm where we have the exact same challenges for about 2 years now) and IMO a lot of the 'problems' are the result of remote work opportunities. While I have not found 2022 data, but with remote workers tripling, and other companies finding that they don't need to shop local to find talent, this is taking away from the talent pool that local companies relied on. Why would I go work at BK for a lower wage when I can go work customer support for Company Bravo for 6 bucks more an hour and work remotely?

If remote work doesn't go away, companies will either need to increase their talent pool (via offering 'entry' jobs with relocation packages, which is costly) or increase the incentive (higher pay/better benefits) so they can compete with outside companies offering remote work.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's almost like there's a nationwide labor shortage that has nothing to do with The Walt Disney Company or locals in Central Florida.

Here's one from the Left and one from the Right so you can pick your poison.

Actually it might be the most “not like everywhere else” place in the country.

Who would people want to work for…Comcast? Or Disney?

I wonder how they could make that stick?🤔
…Hmmmmm

I wonder if they started covering housing how many people would be at the college mixers/Hiring events?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom