Seven eleven

mitchk

I was told the best way to get to a liquor store was to take a bus to the Caribbean beach resort, because there is a seven eleven within walking distance. Is this true? I am staying for 7 days, and thought it would be a good idea to go pick up a case of beer, because the beers are a bit pricey. Anyway, is this my only option, or is there any other stores close by?

peter11435

mitchk said:
I was told the best way to get to a liquor store was to take a bus to the Caribbean beach resort, because there is a seven eleven within walking distance. Is this true? I am staying for 7 days, and thought it would be a good idea to go pick up a case of beer, because the beers are a bit pricey. Anyway, is this my only option, or is there any other stores close by?
There is no 7-11 within walking distance to anything in WDW. WDW is huge and they own all of the property within it. There is a Disney owned Hess gas station not to far from the CBR, however it would be a good walk and the roads are not meant to be walked on or across.

Upvote 0

nemobruce

There is a taxi service available, but it can be a little pricey. There are two Hess stations on property. I do believe the prices are normal off property prices.

Upvote 0

crazydaveh

Woody13 said:
If you only want one case of beer, then just bring it with you in a suitcase.

And stock it with some liquor. The liquor stores off 192 that you're talking about are just as expensive as getting it on property. You really need to get out of the tourist area to get normal prices.

You can buy liquor at the resorts. The price isn't that bad for a bottle, but it's not as cheap as an ABC store here in Winter Park!

Upvote 0

lamarvenoy

There is a Hess directly across the street from DTD,this would be your best bet.The prices are regular there and this should save you a bundle if you drink, its a good opportunity to pick up soda and other snacks at reasonable prices. A 12 pack of Budlight should be $8.99-9.99. At resorts or parks beers range from $3.25-4.50 each- I ALWAYS bring some and pound a few before we get there and a few when we return to the resort,although I don't drink often anymore I still do when I'm on vacation.If you NEED liquor I could give you some pointers but in your case I'd stick with beer,it'll be easy to get.

Upvote 0

JET12monorail

Hey,

Just a quick tip--buy your beer from the gift shop at the All Star Sports and not at the food court. It's $2/can at the gift shop and almost $5 at the food court. The difference you save is about what you will spend in a cab ride.

Upvote 0
The easiest Hess location to get to may be the one across from Pleasure Island. You could catch the bus to PI walk across the parking lot;grab your brew and head back to your resort....

Upvote 0

barnum42

Woody13 said:
If you only want one case of beer, then just bring it with you in a suitcase.
That was going to be my suggestion.
Alternatively, get a bus to Downtown Disney and walk towards "Cross Roads". Depending on how fast you walk it should be easily done within an hour round trip stroll.

But I still think bringing it with you is the easiest option.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

How much beer do you plan to keep on the room?

I'm only asking because, to my knowledge, the Value resorts (All-Star & Pop Century resorts) are the only ones that don't get refrigerators in the room standard. Meaning your beer will be warm, which for all I know you like, or can live with if it means saving money. Getting a refrigerator will cost you an extra 10 dollars a day, which would offset the money you're saving getting beer at the Hess station.

Oh, and for a lot of people, "7-11" is ubiquitous for "convenience store" the same way people say "Xerox" instead of "copy," "Band-Aid" instead of "bandage" and "Tivo'ing" instead of "Digitally Recording." So when this person said there was a 7-11 nearby, I'm sure they didn't mean to confuse you.

I also think there's a Goodings supermarket in one of the back entrances to WDW, at Hotel Plaza Blvd (I think that's what it's called). I'd say if you need beer, get a cab, stock up with as much as you can in that one trip (and get any other snacks you need.

If you really want to save money on beer: Don't eat. At all. This way one beer will go right to your head no matter HOW expensive t is! :lol:

Upvote 0

Mouseketeer Boy

If you're at the Magic Kingdom, you could always take the monorail to the Polynesian on your way back to the ticketing station and stop there to get beer at the liquor store there next to the gift shop (yes, I'm underage; no, I don't drink; just trying to help out).

Upvote 0

Loretta

My husband enjoys a beer after we get back to the resort (Riverside) after a long day in the parks, but because of the cost he'd only buy 2 or 3 cans to last him the week. Now we take 6/7 cans with us. I put them in gallon size baggies (incase of a spill) and put them in a carry on with a few bottle of water (also in baggies). That way we also have an extra carry on to bring back our souvenirs. We do check in that bag however, just to be on the safe side. Works for us!

Loretta

Upvote 0

Jonmar03

7-11

Hey Man,

I went there Freshmen year with my 2 roomates and we were staying over by the Goodings Supermarket. The only thing you really can do is to take a bus to The Marketplace and then walk from there or take a cab to the shopping center then either walk back or take a cab. We had to walk every night to Pleasure Island from our hotel which was a good mile away or more. It stunk. Oh well good luck.

Upvote 0

lamarvenoy

GOODING'S is FAR AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a HESS directly across the street from DownTownDisney, its right there. Gooding's is a mile away and the prices at Goodings are WAY higher!!!!! Hess has regular Gas station prices....$9 12 packs of beer, $3-4 cases of soda. Everything at Gooding's is like 50-100% higher than a regular store.I was there once and ended up driving to Publix when I saw the OJ was $5 a quart and the Soda was $6.99 a 12 pack! Would you rather walk way further to pay more money?Hess,trust me.

Upvote 0

col

just been reading everyones comments.

say i got the bus to pleasure island is there a walk way/crossing that takes you to the hess store as i dont wanna be dodging cars and all that. i want to go to a walmart or wallgreens but i wouldnt walk to the wallgreens in lake buena vista or get a cab to any of them by myself as you cant trust people even in disney if they go off property for example cab drivers ( and i mean that in no offence). i just dont trust anyone.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom