Seven Dwarves Mine Train the longest Disney attraction ever created and constructed.

NormC

They broke ground for the coaster at the same time as everything else...it wasn't like they started it long after the other stuff was built.
Not accurate. The site for the coaster was used as a staging area for all the other construction equipment and trailers.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Has anyone actually heard about when in 2014 they plan to open (or soft open) the Seven Dwarves Mine Train?
Sometime between January 1st and December 31st. :D

Once they lock down an official opening date we should have a better idea of when soft openings might be.

sittle

Sometime between January 1st and December 31st. :D

Once they lock down an official opening date we should have a better idea of when soft openings might be.

Sorry... is that soft opening between January 1st and December 31st...?

Wait... why you sunuva...! LOL!

But in all seriousness... any RUMOURS as to when opening (or soft opening) is taking place???

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Sorry... is that soft opening between January 1st and December 31st...?

Wait... why you sunuva...! LOL!

But in all seriousness... any RUMOURS as to when opening (or soft opening) is taking place???
I have heard first quarter, but the source is bus driver caliber.

sittle

I have heard first quarter, but the source is bus driver caliber.

Ha ha ha... Full time bus driver or part time...?

I need a lift... I just found out that SM will be down and Poly's Pool will be refurbed throughout January... This was supposed to be the first time we took the kids on Splash Mountain... :grumpy: ...

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Umm, they broke ground in Oct. 2010.
So no matter how you slice it it is going to be a 3.5 year build out.

The first visible construction on the mine ride wasn't until October of 2011, prior to that the area it was going to go was just empty space used for staging of equipment and materials for he rest of the expansion. The mine ride really isn't taking any longer then any other recent WDW ride. As you can see in my original post the rest of Fantasyland, Everest and Mission Space all took as long if not longer then the mine ride.

muteki

The first visible construction on the mine ride wasn't until October of 2011, prior to that the area it was going to go was just empty space used for staging of equipment and materials for he rest of the expansion. The mine ride really isn't taking any longer then any other recent WDW ride. As you can see in my original post the rest of Fantasyland, Everest and Mission Space all took as long if not longer then the mine ride.
This is true. The mine train site was piles of materials for TLM and BaTB, parked trucks, and equipment for the longest of time. Had they staged elsewhere, they might have been able to start meaningful work on it sooner.

Not sure what they would have done staging wise if they kept the original plan and built the chateau, unless the plan all along was to open it more than a year later as well.

menamechris

Not to be "that guy" but just saw some diagon alley updated construction pics... I feel like Disney needs to renegotiate/change their construction strategy.

This is so true, and I was thinking the same thing. Of course, Disney has no plans for opening anything in 2014 or 2015 (and possibly even 2016) beyond the mine train.... so probably not even worth them looking into how they can be more efficient with construction - or even restructuring Imagineering. They wouldn't have to stretch out these little projects over so many years if they weren't paying double for them.

Jrn14

Yeah I mean I appreciate quality work and the efforts of hard working blue collar types but it seems as if Disney is being taken to the cleaners

phi2134

The size of the new diagon alley is incredible, the one thing I am concerned about is the popularity of the area and the tightness of the walkways and buildings. I feel like that place is just going to be jam packed full of people not being able to move.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom