Seven Dwarves Mine Train construction start date.

Scuttle

Original Poster
when will the mine train begin construction? If beast and mermaid are moving this quickly is it possible they will start construction in the fall to make the fall 2012 mark. I remember Lee saying the mine train will only take 12 months to complete.

Lee

Adventurer
when will the mine train begin construction? If beast and mermaid are moving this quickly is it possible they will start construction in the fall to make the fall 2012 mark. I remember Lee saying the mine train will only take 12 months to complete.

That 12 months was just a wild guess.
Don't look for the coaster to open before late 2013, at the earliest, unless the schedule gets changed.

raiden

That 12 months was just a wild guess.
Don't look for the coaster to open before late 2013, at the earliest, unless the schedule gets changed.

Why are they taking there sweet time with the 7DMC. FLE should open all at once. TDO makes alot of bone head moves sometimes. Just finish the damn thing! Don't make us wait 2-3 years for an expansion that should have been done a decade ago.

hpyhnt 1000

Could be any number of reasons for why the 7DMT hasn't broken ground yet (labor costs, logistical constraints, supply timelines, etc) but the most obvious reason would be that it gives people an incentive to come back for a second visit. By having the coaster open 6-12 months after Beast and Mermaid, it allows Disney to tout another new attraction that guests didn't get to see on their first visit, thus pulling people back to the MK a second time. We may disagree with it, but from a business standpoint, it does make some sense (or should I say cents).

raiden

Could be any number of reasons for why the 7DMT hasn't broken ground yet (labor costs, logistical constraints, supply timelines, etc) but the most obvious reason would be that it gives people an incentive to come back for a second visit. By having the coaster open 6-12 months after Beast and Mermaid, it allows Disney to tout another new attraction that guests didn't get to see on their first visit, thus pulling people back to the MK a second time. We may disagree with it, but from a business standpoint, it does make some sense (or should I say cents).

I understand. But, there will be these beautiful(if somewhat lacking substance) attractions then a big construction smack in the dead center, not very magical. I highly doubt a kiddie coaster will have your average guest vying to return. With labor cost at a very low price right now, why not open FLE all at once?

Why not refurb AL or TL to get guest back to the MK? Or address the next problem. Expand AK?

ryanduggers

It is probably a combination of budgets, logistics, and design time....

Things just don't popout of thin air. If they had gone with the mine coaster right away, it would all open within 6 months of each other.

Which would you rather have, lame meet & greets on time, or something special a little later? Which sucks least?

cheezbat

I too hate how this whole project has gotten really drawn out, but what can ya do? By spreading it out Disney is saving money, and like others have said, it gives visitors a reason to come back after the initial opening.

Doesn't Dumbo have to be moved first before they can really get that area ready for the new Seven Dwarves Coaster? I know the castle walls still need to be built around that area too...so right now Dumbo is in the way of progress. :lol:

PhilharMagician

I too hate how this whole project has gotten really drawn out, but what can ya do? By spreading it out Disney is saving money, and like others have said, it gives visitors a reason to come back after the initial opening.

Doesn't Dumbo have to be moved first before they can really get that area ready for the new Seven Dwarves Coaster? I know the castle walls still need to be built around that area too...so right now Dumbo is in the way of progress. :lol:

Yes, dumbo needs to go fly somewhere else!:lookaroun

raiden

Things just don't popout of thin air. If they had gone with the mine coaster right away, it would all open within 6 months of each other.

Which would you rather have, lame meet & greets on time, or something special a little later? Which sucks least?

I'd rather have a land on the scale of HP(with an amazing e tickect)than a diner and a nice d ticket with a kiddie coaster. And it's going to take Disney longer to finish the FLE than HP!! Plus im not even a big HP fan. Run and tell that home boy!

PeterMarcus

Right now, FLE construction is walled off outside the pedestrian areas, so crews can bring in bulldozers or trucks or whatever as needed. What happens when Beast and LM are open? Will there be a circled off area of scrims and walls right in the middle of FLE, surrounded by pedestrian walkways? How would they get equipment in and out -- only after hours? Or, will there be some sort of walled-off corridor right between LM and Beast directly to the access road?

ToTBellHop

Right now, FLE construction is walled off outside the pedestrian areas, so crews can bring in bulldozers or trucks or whatever as needed. What happens when Beast and LM are open? Will there be a circled off area of scrims and walls right in the middle of FLE, surrounded by pedestrian walkways? How would they get equipment in and out -- only after hours? Or, will there be some sort of walled-off corridor right between LM and Beast directly to the access road?
it wouldn't be the first time construction has occurred in the middle of a theme park...it won't be nice to look at, but they'll manage.

PeterMarcus

it wouldn't be the first time construction has occurred in the middle of a theme park...it won't be nice to look at, but they'll manage.

Oh, sure, no question about that. And I know that 7D is a late sub to the expansion and that there are all sorts of logistical issues with that, but it seems to me that they've sort of painted themselves into a corner, and that a late start may cost them more time (=$) than if they did as much as possible before the Beast/LM opening. You can't beat open access to a construction site.

DocMcHulk

I've had that exact same thought.

raven

Logistics is most likely the main reason. 7DMT will take a couple of cranes to build. The area where these cranes would sit, and probably the coaster area itself, is more than likely being used for other cranes or materials right now.

Lee

Adventurer

I'll need to go back and check the plans, but I seem to recall an access road for construction running between Mermaid and the circus tents and connecting with the main site.
That would make it a dead-end going to Mermaid by way of BatB.

WDW FTW

I can't wait for Dumbo to be moved so construction can start.... but then again... there goes the over the wall videos via Dumbo. I'm torn

WDW FTW

The construction is rising vertically so much that many of the new pictures we have are no longer from Dumbo!

Hahaha this is very true. But just when it is moved somebody is going to have to persuade Scott Keating to make weekly flights... i cant wait too long for big picture updates :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom