Seven Dwarfs Mine Train to open late 2013?

Sped2424

I enjoy that everyone is an engineer and can speculate the opening date of an attraction by looking at it.
lol seriously apparently we can all estimate how long it should an shouldn't take and other various things just by our natural wit

the_edsta

I agree that it is impressive, but you're missing my point. 7DMT will be an attraction that will be visually appealing from 360 degrees. They're building a mountain with a coaster that will weave in and out of it. It's not like they are just putting a ride with screens in a large building, which would obviously take far less time.

I agree with this perspective entirely (apples and oranges). It's like saying, "I can't believe it is taking this company so long to construct this this golf course/country club...a competing company across town built a giant cineplex in half this time!?" Really non sequitur silliness. The whole point of Disney is the meticulous fit and finish (something many US attractions lack).

I agree with this perspective entirely (apples and oranges). It's like saying, "I can't believe it is taking this company so long to construct this this golf course/country club...a competing company across town built a giant cineplex in half this time!?" Really non sequitur silliness. The whole point of Disney is the meticulous fit and finish (something many US attractions lack).

But this Logic is flawed. It took 3 years to build EPCOT. Now it takes 2 years to build a Coaster. Something has fallen off. Universal will finish HP2 quicker than disney will finish this coaster, why , because they are Hungry, they want it more. Disney is complacent and do not really care when it opens.

DManRightHere

But this Logic is flawed. It took 3 years to build EPCOT. Now it takes 2 years to build a Coaster. Something has fallen off. Universal will finish HP2 quicker than disney will finish this coaster, why , because they are Hungry, they want it more. Disney is complacent and do not really care when it opens.

The mine train will be finished before new harry potter, maybe only 6 months before but still ahead lol. It shouldnt take much longer to build a park compared to an attraction. As long as you hirer enough construction for each major project. The same amount of work goes into it. (With the exception of spaceship earth) they also dont have to worry about guests, walls, and park times.

Universal is getting things done very quickly. I guess part to do with transformers being a clone. Harry potter is going up very quickly, but it is still structures and theres no telling how long the inside details will take. I hear a rumor of opening june 2014. I would be surprised if it opens by 2015. That would still be amazing time. It looks fantastic so far though.

stevehousse

If its true that's it's suppose to open in April or may, they could have soft opening as early as February r march if everything ones smoothly.

When EE was being built, they had it fully open and running a month or 2 before the actual grand opening. We were lucky enough to get on it, with full fast passes opened and everything!

We can only hope!

JungleTrekFan

Never mind the coaster, think how sad it is that Disney is taking longer to build a Princess meet and greet in an existing building than UNI for Transformers.
A major home refurbishment takes much longer than building a new home. You have to account structural security during every step, taking down one wrong post and your roof is in your kitchen. Honestly I don’t know how they are building the meet and greet cause backstage has it all boarded up in the old maintenance hallway (that goes between Friairs Nook and behind these buildings in the forested area) & utilidor stairwell. So they don’t have utilidor access and they don't have on stage access, they must be doing a lot of third shift work.

With the Epcot and Disneyland arguments of being done in 2 or 1 year, respectively, new parks are always built the fastest, with the most man power and investments being used. Also they have much easier access to their areas of construction. FLE, Transformers, Princess M&G and the Grand DVC are all being built with very limited access.

Transformers definitely wins the fastest construction of an E-ticket Award.

Disney is building its Grand Floridian DVC Villa faster then Universal is building its new resort, if that makes anyone feel better.

novawildcat18

I'm hoping for employee previews before January 3rd, because that's when my college program ends. That would be a great experience getting to ride it as an employee before the general public.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom