Seven Dwarfs Mine Train to open late 2013?

AmongMadPeople

I feel like this same conversation happened with Mermaid. They should hurry up and get the exterior looking decent, since it's a huge eyesore. But just because the exterior may start looking complete, we shouldn't get hopes up that will be open for trips planned within the next year.

baylaketower

Original Poster
I feel like this same conversation happened with Mermaid. They should hurry up and get the exterior looking decent, since it's a huge eyesore. But just because the exterior may start looking complete, we shouldn't get hopes up that will be open for trips planned within the next year.
I feel you are correct, but it seems as if the tracks are almost completely set up. I think, and correct me if you think otherwise, a soft opening might be possible for December.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I feel you are correct, but it seems as if the tracks are almost completely set up. I think, and correct me if you think otherwise, a soft opening might be possible for December.

The tracks are no where near done. As of the last construction pictures the supports for that tracks aren't even all in yet.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Think I'll do a split stay next year - Uni/Clearwater.
Saw everything new at WDW this year in mid-November. Doesn't sound like there will be anything new in Fall 2013.
Haven't stayed at the beach since 1994, and haven't been to US/IOA since 2007.
Or a cruise ... maybe a cruise. Certainly don't need to rush back to WDW just yet, though.

Disneyhead'71

When does Transformers open again?

(Fully justified dig at the unbelievably slow pace FLEs second D Ticket is moving at)
Transformers: The Ride 3D, which is a full blown E-Ticket attraction dead center in an operating theme park, started construction in May 2012 and is slated to open in June 2013. A 13 month construction timeline.
When did 7DMT start construction?

SJN1279

Transformers: The Ride 3D, which is a full blown E-Ticket attraction dead center in an operating theme park, started construction in May 2012 and is slated to open in June 2013. A 13 month construction timeline.
I love Universal, but I really am not at all excited for this new "E ticket" after riding it in Universal Hollywood this past summer. If they don't plus it big-time, it will be huge disappointment to all those who get the chance to ride its much superior cousin(Spiderman) next door.

I actually think Disney did a great job with the theming of new Fantasyland and am looking forward to the new coaster.

Lord Pheonix

remember : building the structure is easy, but the devil is in the details

to put it another way, i can build an average size house, say 1500 - 2000 sq ft in about 3 days to a week. but to trim it out and finish with drywall, outlets, light fixtures etc etc can take 6 months or more.

bdearl41

I am not terribly optimistic as they will probably have to test the ride for a couple months to work out the swaying kinks as its a first of its kind ride.

Buck

Apples and oranges. Transformers is all screens. Also, how much theming will it have to the exterior? From what I can tell it will basically be a warehouse in the middle of the park with a small amount of facade treatment. Not exactly E-ticket stuff IMO.

mickey2008.1

Well I do think it is a long time to build, it is all in thed details as stated earlier. Look at the quality of the new FLE. But why could SDMR not be open at the same time as the rest of the park, was it started later? Poor planning if you ask me. Let's take 5 years to finish a whole area when it only took two years to build a parl. Doh!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Well I do think it is a long time to build, it is all in thed details as stated earlier. Look at the quality of the new FLE. But why could SDMR not be open at the same time as the rest of the park, was it started later? Poor planning if you ask me. Let's take 5 years to finish a whole area when it only took two years to build a parl. Doh!

Yes, it started much later because it wasn't in the original plan.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Apples and oranges. Transformers is all screens. Also, how much theming will it have to the exterior? From what I can tell it will basically be a warehouse in the middle of the park with a small amount of facade treatment. Not exactly E-ticket stuff IMO.
An extended EMV attraction on two floors, with four show scene elevators, with a basement preshow and queue? 13 months is a miracle.

Can you provide sources about the exterior finish? I'd like to know?

Buck

An extended EMV attraction on two floors, with four show scene elevators, with a basement preshow and queue? 13 months is a miracle.

Can you provide sources about the exterior finish? I'd like to know?

I agree that it is impressive, but you're missing my point. 7DMT will be an attraction that will be visually appealing from 360 degrees. They're building a mountain with a coaster that will weave in and out of it. It's not like they are just putting a ride with screens in a large building, which would obviously take far less time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom