Seven Dwarfs Mine Train to open late 2013?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I agree that it is impressive, but you're missing my point. 7DMT will be an attraction that will be visually appealing from 360 degrees. They're building a mountain with a coaster that will weave in and out of it. It's not like they are just putting a ride with screens in a large building, which would obviously take far less time.
I don't believe I did miss your point.

7D is a welcome D ticket that's using prefabricated track assembled onto a series of buildings itself, and set into preset areas in the dirt. It also has a dedicated, accessible access route from nearby backstage. And it's taking over two years to build what will be a nice, but not long family attraction. If anything TF3Ds ride system is far more advanced. Even if you can't see it. And would take far longer to install and finish if it weren't for the 24/7 schedule.

BigThunderMatt

I think this is exactly right. There will be a soft opening in 2013...and then an official opening in 2014. This would be similar to how the other parts of New Fantasyland happened...with the official opening coming quite a bit after the soft opening previews.

Won't happen. They'll draw it out so that it lands in FY 14 Q2 or later to stretch the budget on this thing out as long as they possibly can. If you want a great example of what a 9-5, no third shift, and multiple holiday construction schedule looks like, look no further than New Fantasyland, and the Mine Train more specifically.

If you want an example of a more effective construction schedule in the fast-paced theme park industry, take a look at Universal and the fact that they have a headliner attraction flying up at a breakneck pace. Ground was broken before October. It will be open by this summer.

Next Big Thing

I just rode TF for the first time the other day at USH... Easily competes with both Spider-man and FJ as my favorite ride, possibly surpasses them. It was a very satisfying length and experience and seemed like a more intense version of Spider-Man. I loved it.

Also: note that these top 3 rides I listed are all Universal attractions. Disney needs to step up their game big time if they ever intend to compete (i'm not ignorant, I know Disney has higher attendance numbers, but attraction wise, they really need to start competing).

Buck

I just rode TF for the first time the other day at USH... Easily competes with both Spider-man and FJ as my favorite ride, possibly surpasses them. It was a very satisfying length and experience and seemed like a more intense version of Spider-Man. I loved it.

Also: note that these top 3 rides I listed are all Universal attractions. Disney needs to step up their game big time if they ever intend to compete (i'm not ignorant, I know Disney has higher attendance numbers, but attraction wise, they really need to start competing).

Glad to hear. Excited to experience Transformers in Orlando. How similar are the three rides you mentioned?

Next Big Thing

Glad to hear. Excited to experience Transformers in Orlando. How similar are the three rides you mentioned?
They are all fairly similar, using both screens and physical sets throughout (Transformers and Spiderman the most similar as they share the ride system). As I said, I found Transformers to be surprisingly long and more intense than Spidey. FJ/Spider-man have always been in a tight race for my favorite ride, but I feel Transformers takes it to the next level.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom