Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Preview Thoughts

Tonka's Skipper

yedsid,

I have presented facts on popularity and sales of a video in stores and still shown on TV and merchandize on a 60 year old classic...........there are of course a few that don't know Dumbo or the story, most do.

We will have to agree to disagree.

AKK

Tonka's Skipper

I think Tonka has OD'd on some of those Disney Imagineering videos where the script starts off every time "hammer home how everything is about the story..."

Next we'll be hearing about how the story is core to their decision process on increasing the soda prices

Flynn, I use to respect a lot of your opinions, sadly I see when you cannot back up your points you go to cheap shots.

To others have their opinions and we can discuss the dofferences with bein a bootm feeder.

I never od's on anything..................I don't have to,I have the history ad facts to back up my opinions.

Tonka's Skipper

I think Tonka has OD'd on some of those Disney Imagineering videos where the script starts off every time "hammer home how everything is about the story..."

Next we'll be hearing about how the story is core to their decision process on increasing the soda prices

Flynn, I use to respect a lot of your opinions, sadly I see when you cannot back up your points you go to cheap shots.

The others have their opinions and we can discuss the differences with being a bottom feeder.

I never od's on anything..................I don't have to,I have the history and facts to back up my opinions.

Last edited:

Tonka's Skipper

I would point out to you the HM was an attraction for many years prior to the Movie (and yes the movie was pretty poor) and had its own back story, in fact you know as well as I that most Disney attractions have a back story because the story is so important.

The Maeltrom is the spirit of Norway.

I did over stated my point in saying that the Story was the whole thing, however it is a very important part of all attractions.

AKK

Bocabear

No, The Haunted Mansion never had any official back story...it was a collection of scenes and was designed to be just that. In the early planning stages they toyed with a storyline but abandoned it. The only back stories are the ones invented by fans and cast members... Now Phantom Manor in Disneyland Paris is another thing altogether and actually has a narrative. And the original Pirates Of The Caribbean also carries no story, but a collection of composed scenes... Sometimes "The Story is not the thing...Sometimes it is about creating an engaging environment and experience.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member

I would point out to you the HM was an attraction for many years prior to the Movie (and yes the movie was pretty poor) and had its own back story, in fact you know as well as I that most Disney attractions have a back story because the story is so important.

The Maeltrom is the spirit of Norway.

I did over stated my point in saying that the Story was the whole thing, however it is a very important part of all attractions.

AKK

Well how about Pirates of the Caribbean? The movies are great and yet you dont see much of an uptick in wait times aside from what MM+ has caused. You could argue the same point that it was an attraction before the movie, but based off your theory of people riding an attraction because of their love for the movie, we should see longer wait times. Many guests at MK are much more familiar with POTC movies than with Dumbo and the POTC movies are loved by many people, so why are the wait times not longer? Its a rhetorical question, just showing as many others have stated that the movie has little to do with why people ride the attraction.

Tonka's Skipper

Well how about Pirates of the Caribbean? The movies are great and yet you dont see much of an uptick in wait times aside from what MM+ has caused. You could argue the same point that it was an attraction before the movie, but based off your theory of people riding an attraction because of their love for the movie, we should see longer wait times. Many guests at MK are much more familiar with POTC movies than with Dumbo and the POTC movies are loved by many people, so why are the wait times not longer? Its a rhetorical question, just showing as many others have stated that the movie has little to do with why people ride the attraction.

Actually I believe the attraction did get a up tick with the movie over lay.

However lets say for discussion your right, just because one attraction didn't get busier does not in any way support that people didn't know about the movies.

If story line is not so important, why does Disney put on the effort into back stories?........Would you say the same thing about say.....Peter Pan?............I don't think anyone would say most people don't know the story line of Peter Pan. Snow white?....Pooh???This can go on.

The question is whether Dumbo people in line know about the movie story line and the character. Other then comments. *I would think* people in line don't know anything beyond Dumbo. Yet the movie sells, it's on TV, merchandize sells and for many generations, seems a lot of people must be interested.

I agree the quality of the attraction also bring people to ride, but the history and storyline has a big part of it.

AKK

Last edited:

5thGenTexan

As a very infrequent WDW visitor...

The new Seven Dwarfs looks like a lot of fun and if/when we make it to Florida I think my kids will enjoy it a great deal. Heck, I think I will enjoy it a great deal. (I have not decided on Florida - California - or a cruise for next year.) :confused:

Last year when we did spend a day at the Magic Kingdom (we were on a cruise and we had a day in the parks as a part of the trip). We did ride Dumbo. While I took my girl on that Barnstormer thing, my wife took the boy back on Dumbo for a second ride and he did not want to get off. Personally I think a spin on Dumbo is an important part of a Disney World trip, especially if you are like us and don't visit multiple times.

MOXOMUMD

As a very infrequent WDW visitor...

The new Seven Dwarfs looks like a lot of fun and if/when we make it to Florida I think my kids will enjoy it a great deal. Heck, I think I will enjoy it a great deal. (I have not decided on Florida - California - or a cruise for next year.) :confused:

Last year when we did spend a day at the Magic Kingdom (we were on a cruise and we had a day in the parks as a part of the trip). We did ride Dumbo. While I took my girl on that Barnstormer thing, my wife took the boy back on Dumbo for a second ride and he did not want to get off. Personally I think a spin on Dumbo is an important part of a Disney World trip, especially if you are like us and don't visit multiple times.
We always ride Dumbo too but not because of the movie. It's like a tradition I guess you could say.

KatMaria

Rode it today (don't hate me) but I think this will be a great addition for Fantasyland. It isn't too bad in being a big bad ride and it is an in between for barnstormer and big thunder. I think it will be a great ride for families to go on and enjoy together. The AA are amazing, the mine scene is the best theming and show I have seen in a Disney ride in a while. Lots of hidden gems, mickeys, oswalds etc that make it exciting to find. And the line is awesome with the cute interactive games, I could spend the whole day playing that mine gem game. Very cute ride and I am sure everyone will love it. Just do not think it is Expedition Everest of thrills. The swaying motion only works if you physically sway your body left to right and everyone in the car with you does so. Its a pretty cool feature.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Rode it today (don't hate me) but I think this will be a great addition for Fantasyland. It isn't too bad in being a big bad ride and it is an in between for barnstormer and big thunder. I think it will be a great ride for families to go on and enjoy together. The AA are amazing, the mine scene is the best theming and show I have seen in a Disney ride in a while. Lots of hidden gems, mickeys, oswalds etc that make it exciting to find. And the line is awesome with the cute interactive games, I could spend the whole day playing that mine gem game. Very cute ride and I am sure everyone will love it. Just do not think it is Expedition Everest of thrills. The swaying motion only works if you physically sway your body left to right and everyone in the car with you does so. Its a pretty cool feature.

Cool, thanks for the update. That answers the question of why the cars seem to be swinging a lot in some videos and hardly at all in others.

mp2bill

The thing I thought was interesting was everyone was criticizing it's length but it is only about 5 seconds shorter than Expedition Everest. I think it looks good but it should not have taken 3-4 years to build. I think people were disappointed with the final product because they were hyping it up so much.
Truth.

Disneyhead'71

Actually I believe the attraction did get a up tick with the movie over lay.

However lets say for discussion your right, just because one attraction didn't get busier does not in any way support that people didn't know about the movies.

If story line is not so important, why does Disney put on the effort into back stories?........Would you say the same thing about say.....Peter Pan?............I don't think anyone would say most people don't know the story line of Peter Pan. Snow white?....Pooh???This can go on.

The question is whether Dumbo people in line know about the movie story line and the character. Other then comments. *I would think* people in line don't know anything beyond Dumbo. Yet the movie sells, it's on TV, merchandize sells and for many generations, seems a lot of people must be interested.

I agree the quality of the attraction also bring people to ride, but the history and storyline has a big part of it.

AKK
Wow, really? I actually think that in today's society, the Dumbo ride itself is more famous than the movie. And I'd venture to bet that MOST people in line haven't seen the movie.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The thing I thought was interesting was everyone was criticizing it's length but it is only about 5 seconds shorter than Expedition Everest. I think it looks good but it should not have taken 3-4 years to build. I think people were disappointed with the final product because they were hyping it up so much.

If Public Enemy taught me anything in life it was "Don't Believe the Hype":cool:

Tonka's Skipper

Wow, really? I actually think that in today's society, the Dumbo ride itself is more famous than the movie. And I'd venture to bet that MOST people in line haven't seen the movie.

O WOW, yes. I guess you just bypassed all the facts of the continued sales of the movie?..the popularity of the the film on TV, the continued sales of merchandize? For generations now!

The question was, did most people know the background of the character? the Story?.............All that didn't matter?. However just your guess surpasses all that?

Dumbo is a endearing classic Disney story, known and loved by generations. It is typical of the magic and pixie dust that Disney brings to millions, worldwide, each year.

I respect your entitled to your opinion.

AKK

Last edited:

Tonka's Skipper

Frankly, don't see many people disappointed with 7DMT. There are the same names popping up and of course they are entitled to their opinions. However reading other sites and reviews, most people are really looking forward to this soon to be classic attraction (my opinion and most others). The information we have is pointing to a amazing attraction.

RSoxNo1

No, The Haunted Mansion never had any official back story...it was a collection of scenes and was designed to be just that. In the early planning stages they toyed with a storyline but abandoned it. The only back stories are the ones invented by fans and cast members... Now Phantom Manor in Disneyland Paris is another thing altogether and actually has a narrative. And the original Pirates Of The Caribbean also carries no story, but a collection of composed scenes... Sometimes "The Story is not the thing...Sometimes it is about creating an engaging environment and experience.
It never had a linear story like say Splash Mountain, but there is a story behind the attraction.

psherman42

I rode it yesterday and this pretty much perfectly sums up my thoughts on it. Although I thought the cart swayed a couple times even when the people I was with and I weren't doing it ourselves but I could be wrong.

Everyone I was with really enjoyed it as well, the ride and queue (especially spinning the barrels...) and I overheard someone on the West clock bus tonight say basically the same.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom