Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Opening Sooner than we think?

Kyle Nichols

Original Poster
In a recent conversation with a Disney World Cast Member, we discussed the recent Grand Openings and Soft Openings at Disney World. Of course, Grand Openings are announced and made a big deal, the "Soft openings" are supposedly unannounced and can happen on a whim? Is this true or just a Cast Member thinking he knows what he is talking about? The reason I ask is because due to the bulk of testing of 7DMT lately, is it possibly that they might do a soft opening for new years 2014? Not sure how the completion of the details are around the ride but would love your opinions and feedback. I will be visiting January 5 - 10. Of course, I am getting there on the 5th so I can have at least one day to enjoy Splash Mountain before the refurbishment but not crossing my fingers about 7DMT being open then but I certinly would love it if it were.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
The general consensus here is - not likely for Park Guests that early.

Me, I will be just as excited to see the walls finally come down. During our past two fall trips, Fantasyland has been one giant construction pit.

Enjoy your vacation, either way. And welcome to the boards.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Soft openings do not really happen on a whim. They might appear to be and they are sporadic and unannounced, but they are an almost necessary phase of the testing process. The only difference is they can be eliminated and adjusted on the fly.

One thing I can say is an attraction can look very close to finished from the outside, but still have major work going on on the inside. I have not been following the progress of 7DMT as close as I did other projects, so I do not know if that is a case. However, if there is no official opening date all we have to go by is the ambiguous "spring 2014". Given that parameter, I just don't see a January soft opening.

Kyle Nichols

Original Poster
I figured it wouldn't be ready by then, the Cast Member I know was hopeful but i think he just wants it ready as much as we all do. Something to look forward to in the Spring!

PeterMarcus

I was just there on Sunday and peeked through the windows, and it's still pretty rough. There's a lot of wires and wood and steel just everywhere. I remember when they started soft opening the other parts of new Fantasyland, and there was a flurry of landscaping for a week or two before the soft openings started, from big trees to ground cover to little flower bundles. That process definitely has not started yet.

tl77

I don't think they will allow guests on the ride if it's unfinished, and I can't see it being finished by New Years day 2014, but somewhere on here, someone mentioned that Disney employees had taken a test ride on the Mine Train recently, whether that is true or not I don't know, but that's apparently a rumor that's going around.

But over the past year or so, all the other soft opens for the rest of New Fantasyland have only had a few days notice on fan websites like this, and the first day of Spring is March 20th, and April 20th is Easter Sunday which is also Spring Break time at Disney World, so my guess is they will try and have the Mine Train open by Easter/Spring Break 2014 ...but that's just a guess

Last edited:

Minnie_girl

Highly doubt it. The theming isn't even finished outside yet. The walls aren't close to budging, let alone coming down anytime soon.
75.gif

Totally agree...

hello All,

I have used this site for updates for sometime now but only posted once but considering some information I overheard yesterday while at MK, I thought it was approiate to post once again.

My wife and I were passing thru the walkway from under the sea/Ariel to the storybook circus, when one of the doors openned to the 7DMT wall. What appeared to be a team leader/supervisor was sending other workers across the path to off site next to the under the sea ride. While he was sending them an older couple took a peek inside the door. I couldn't help but turnaround and take a look myself. While peeking the older couple asked when the 7DMT would be openning and that they hoped it would be soon. And here is why I'm possting...

The team lead stated they are on schedule for a Easter 2014 openning. The couple asked again to be clear and he again said yes, much work to be done but we are on schedule for Easter.

that's it. we wont be back until Feb 2015 but for those who will be in DW over the spring time frame seems likely you will be experenince this much anticaptated atraction sooner rather than later.

Weather_Lady

hello All,

I have used this site for updates for sometime now but only posted once but considering some information I overheard yesterday while at MK, I thought it was approiate to post once again.

My wife and I were passing thru the walkway from under the sea/Ariel to the storybook circus, when one of the doors openned to the 7DMT wall. What appeared to be a team leader/supervisor was sending other workers across the path to off site next to the under the sea ride. While he was sending them an older couple took a peek inside the door. I couldn't help but turnaround and take a look myself. While peeking the older couple asked when the 7DMT would be openning and that they hoped it would be soon. And here is why I'm possting...

The team lead stated they are on schedule for a Easter 2014 openning. The couple asked again to be clear and he again said yes, much work to be done but we are on schedule for Easter.

that's it. we wont be back until Feb 2015 but for those who will be in DW over the spring time frame seems likely you will be experenince this much anticaptated atraction sooner rather than later.

Thanks for sharing! I think an Easter opening would make sense -- it's long been predicted that it would open before a major holiday break.

Of course, it's also wishful thinking on my part that this could be true, as we'll be arriving two weeks after Easter! ;)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
hello All,

That would align with the current "spring 2014" opening given out by Disney and sounds completely plausible.

Joe Wolfers

anybody think it will be running by 3/1? just returned from our stay at BCV yesterday and I'm already planning a weekend stay from 2/28-3/2. hoping it will be open by then!

phi2134

anybody think it will be running by 3/1? just returned from our stay at BCV yesterday and I'm already planning a weekend stay from 2/28-3/2. hoping it will be open by then!

Might want to check out the other threads that have a lot more info, specifically the Mine Ride Construction Update Thread. Not sure its 100% reliable, but someone was stating that a project manager/construction worker said Easter

msteel

I believe the Feb 7th date given by @Rose&Crowner for soft openings. I don't know of anywhere that a date for official opening has been stated, except "Spring"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom