Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Discussion

jt04

The length of the ride (word is 2-5 minutes) kinda tells you it won't really be like BTMRR but a little more than Casey Jr. A 5 minute long thrill roller coaster would be HUGE. This footprint of this attraction is smaller than BTMRR and they have already stated that there will be scenes and animatronics in the ride building, usually meaning the cars will be going a little slower in these areas to view them. I'm thinking more along the lines of a thrill dark-ride with sharp turns rather than what you think of a coaster as. The ride layout shows a lot of turns and some overlapping track sections meaning there will be some elevation and hills.

2 minutes? That is why they need 'show stops' in the manner of The Mummy. A good show stop could last 20 or 30 seconds in and of itself. I love this concept. It could be kind of like a miniature Great Movie Ride but using coaster tracks and much quicker action sequences.

scotth1224

2 minutes? That is why they need 'show stops' in the manner of The Mummy. A good show stop could last 20 or 30 seconds in and of itself. I love this concept. It could be kind of like a miniature Great Movie Ride but using coaster tracks and much quicker action sequences.

Couldn't agree more!

csm

The length of the ride (word is 2-5 minutes) kinda tells you it won't really be like BTMRR but a little more than Casey Jr.

You continue to paint this as some type of slow moving powered ride and that could not be further from the case. Make no mistake. This *is* a roller coaster. Gravity powered, lift hills, thrills, the whole nine. I'm not certain how 2 minutes "kind of tells you" it's barely more than Casey Jr.'s Circus Train when Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, unquestionably the most thrilling coaster at WDW, is a whooping 90 seconds from gate to gate.

This footprint of this attraction is smaller than BTMRR

This ride is basically "Fantasyland long." I'm not sure why you believe it's such a small footprint.

I'm thinking more along the lines of a thrill dark-ride with sharp turns rather than what you think of a coaster as.

Then you're thinking incorrectly. The Seven Dwarves Mine Train *is* a roller coaster. Whether or not it has show scenes does not mean it's just a few sharp turns. This ride is *everything* you think of a coaster as, plus more.

RSoxNo1

Great, If it has fastpass that means another nightmare standbye line like peter pans flight and test track etc etc,,Im guessing mermaid will be same way.

Peter Pan is a long wait because it has a ridiculously low capacity. The Fastpass distribution for Peter Pan is far more manageable though because of the park that it's in and the overall demand (I'd say the overall demand for Pan is less than Toy Story Mania).

I would expect the capacity of Seven Dwarf's Mine Train to be comparable to Toy Story Mania, with the long term demand being less (mainly because the height requirement and the ride system will be limiting to some guests). Couple that with the fact that it will be located in a park with more attractions will help ease the demand.

As for Under the Sea, this is going to have Haunted Mansion level capacity - initial demand will obviously be high, but it will be able to absorb this pretty well.

csm

I would expect the capacity of Seven Dwarf's Mine Train to be comparable to Toy Story Mania, with the long term demand being less (mainly because the height requirement and the ride system will be limiting to some guests). Couple that with the fact that it will be located in a park with more attractions will help ease the demand.

I'm sorry that I do not have the numbers in front of me, but the Dwarfs Train should have a capacity a bit better than Midway Mania!. Toy Story can only pull in somewhere in the neighborhood of 800 people per hour. That's low for mine train coaster.

Disco Yeti

You continue to paint this as some type of slow moving powered ride and that could not be further from the case. Make no mistake. This *is* a roller coaster.... I'm not certain how 2 minutes "kind of tells you" it's barely more than Casey Jr.'s Circus Train when Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, unquestionably the most thrilling coaster at WDW, is a whooping 90 seconds from gate to gate.

I think you may have misinterpreted what Raven was getting at. I believe he was saying that the rumored 2-5 minute length of the ride would be very long for a coaster and would require a much larger footprint. RnRC has the advantage of plenty of space and is shorter than this ride will be; Raven was suggesting that this means that the new ride will likely not move quite that fast, since it will be taking up so much more time.

I have no idea what the relative footprints of these rides are or how long the new ride will actually be, so I'm not agreeing or disagreeing, just trying to clear up the point.

Becomes a Princess Meet & Greet.

That really sounds like the punchline to a joke, doesn't it?

csm

I think you may have misinterpreted what Raven was getting at. I believe he was saying that the rumored 2-5 minute length of the ride would be very long for a coaster and would require a much larger footprint. RnRC has the advantage of plenty of space and is shorter than this ride will be; Raven was suggesting that this means that the new ride will likely not move quite that fast, since it will be taking up so much more time.

I have no idea what the relative footprints of these rides are or how long the new ride will actually be, so I'm not agreeing or disagreeing, just trying to clear up the point.

No - he's been bickering with me that it's a kiddie ride with no real thrill. He even said in the post I quoted that he believes it's not really a roller coaster but really a dark ride with sharp turns, and begrudgingly agreed to a few "hills" because the track crosses itself.

Nice avatar! Draw that yourself?

hoke2007

The length of the ride (word is 2-5 minutes) kinda tells you it won't really be like BTMRR but a little more than Casey Jr. A 5 minute long thrill roller coaster would be HUGE. This footprint of this attraction is smaller than BTMRR and they have already stated that there will be scenes and animatronics in the ride building, usually meaning the cars will be going a little slower in these areas to view them. I'm thinking more along the lines of a thrill dark-ride with sharp turns rather than what you think of a coaster as. The ride layout shows a lot of turns and some overlapping track sections meaning there will be some elevation and hills.

I cannot see how this ride would be any less than 4 minutes long.

Disco Yeti

No - he's been bickering with me that it's a kiddie ride with no real thrill.

Yeah, I got that that was the argument, but what I meant was that when he said the ride wasn't going to be thrilling because it's 2-5 minutes, he meant that he believes 2-5 minutes is too long for it to be a coaster, not too short. See, he said:

The length of the ride (word is 2-5 minutes) kinda tells you it won't really be like BTMRR but a little more than Casey Jr. A 5 minute long thrill roller coaster would be HUGE. This footprint of this attraction is smaller than BTMRR....

When he says "A 5-minute long thrill roller coaster would be HUGE," I'm pretty sure he means, "A 5-minute coaster would take up a tremendous amount of space physically," and not, "A 5-minute coaster would be a big deal." Then he follows by saying that this attraction has a smaller footprint than other coasters, so therefore: small footprint + long ride time = ride vehicles must not move too quickly. That's his argument. So pointing out that other thrill rides have shorter ride times only supports his point.

Anyway, I don't know why I'm trying to clarify. I'm usually the snarky one! Snark mode: ON.

Nice avatar! Draw that yourself?

Why thank you! It was drawn by a Disney fanatic friend of mine for the Disco Yeti blog, where I get to joke about broken things at Disney and rant about life as a broken-down animatronic yeti, hopefully making people laugh a lot in the process. :cool:

We've got shirts with the face on them too, and let me tell you, it's fun to wear them while riding Everest. ;)

RSoxNo1

I'm sorry that I do not have the numbers in front of me, but the Dwarfs Train should have a capacity a bit better than Midway Mania!. Toy Story can only pull in somewhere in the neighborhood of 800 people per hour. That's low for mine train coaster.

Speaking with a cast member the day it re-opened after the air gate addition and they were "only" running 800 people per hour. She followed up with they can normal reach 1200-1300 guests per hour. That's what I'm guessing as the hourly capacity of Seven Dwarf's Mine Train.

csm

Why thank you! It was drawn by a Disney fanatic friend of mine for the Disco Yeti blog, where I get to joke about broken things at Disney and rant about life as a broken-down animatronic yeti, hopefully making people laugh a lot in the process. :cool:

We've got shirts with the face on them too, and let me tell you, it's fun to wear them while riding Everest. ;)

I really like it! I love that his facial expression so clearly displays self-disappointment.

Neverland

Speaking with a cast member the day it re-opened after the air gate addition and they were "only" running 800 people per hour. She followed up with they can normal reach 1200-1300 guests per hour. That's what I'm guessing as the hourly capacity of Seven Dwarf's Mine Train.

It really depends on the load area and ride vehicles. I assume the Mine Train will have gates, which really speed things up. SWSA's loading is affected by CMs having to halt cars because guests try to get on them while they're moving. Lapbars are also a factor in slowing down a ride. On SWSA, CMs can move cars out of load and then get the guests to pull their lapbars down while another car loads. But on something like Barnstormer, the car can't leave the station unless all lapbars have been pulled down and manually/visually checked by a CM. And another thing is how many people can fit in a seat. TSMM has a limit of four people per car, but SWSA can fit from 1 - 4 people in a row (4 includes a lapsitter).

I wish I could remember the numbers for Barnstormer, but Snow White is around 850-950 per hour.

RSoxNo1

It really depends on the load area and ride vehicles. I assume the Mine Train will have gates, which really speed things up. SWSA's loading is affected by CMs having to halt cars because guests try to get on them while they're moving. Lapbars are also a factor in slowing down a ride. On SWSA, CMs can move cars out of load and then get the guests to pull their lapbars down while another car loads. But on something like Barnstormer, the car can't leave the station unless all lapbars have been pulled down and manually/visually checked by a CM. And another thing is how many people can fit in a seat. TSMM has a limit of four people per car, but SWSA can fit from 1 - 4 people in a row (4 includes a lapsitter).

I wish I could remember the numbers for Barnstormer, but Snow White is around 850-950 per hour.

Just for clarification, the 800 count and then 1200-1300 count numbers I was talking about in my post were for Toy Story Mania not Snow White's Scary Adventures. I was using Toy Story Mania as an attraction that may have a similar capacity.

With that said, consider what we know for Seven Dwarf's Mine Train
Ride time 2-5 minutes
Rumored 7 mine cars per "train"
Concept art reveals 4 guests per car, or 28 total per train.
There will probably be 3-5 trains (using Thunder as the comparison). I'd say 4 total trains with 3 in use most days.

This would be the approximate hourly capacity given the frequency of dispatches:
60 seconds: 1680
65 seconds: 1551
70 seconds: 1440
75 seconds: 1344
80 seconds: 1260
85 seconds: 1186
90 seconds: 1120

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom