Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Discussion

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I know what you mean, I love firing up my wii along with my 8 70inch 3D LCDs and motorized couch and I even installed some hairdryers to simulate the Air canons:rolleyes:

You too? :rolleyes:

And I think I could divvy that $80 among TSMM and a few other rides/attractions.

cheezbat

Toy Story Midway Mania is decent...but nothing i feel like waiting an hour or longer for. I'd much rather ride Spaceship Earth or Haunted Mansion or heck, even Buzz Lightyear over that ride. In my opinion it was a waste of $100 million. I wouldn't have paid more than half that for that ride.

Disney Rocks

Original Poster
I wonder if there will be a "Snow White In" like we saw with Toad.:ROFLOL::lookaroun

I doubt it, since the ride will basically be getting bigger and better right across from its current location.

IlikeDW

Ok this has steered away from topic, but for anyone who has been around these boards, it's nothing unusual. :rolleyes:

I guess we are going to have walls for a while, I wonder if the walls will need to push closer to Pooh once they really get going on the Mine ride. It will be a little sad to have Belle and Ariel areas somewhat obscured by walls when they open. Unless my thinking on timelines is all wrong.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Seriously? It's just a video game. It's like playing Nintendo. I like Nintendo (or Wii or Playstation, or whatever kids call it today) but not at $80 a day. It's not terrible, but it's certainly not some great WDI achievement, either. The queue is the best thing about that attraction.

I'm afraid I might agree with Krack. It's really nothing more than Buzz Lightyear's Spaceranger Spin but with animated characters and a few more affects.

Disney could have made TSM with the real-like animatronics they make and people could actually shoot something like fake-icing at the targets of the animatronics! After each ride comes by the animatronic could quickly go down under the floor and a shower thing could wash it off! :lol: No really, that would be cool :lookaroun

worldfanatic

I'm completely fired up for the "Mine Ride".
When I first visited the Magic Kingdom's version of Fantasyland, I was stunned at how lame it was compared to Disneyland's version.
This ride, along with "Mermaid" and the other additions will remedy that feeling for me.

Concerning Toy Story Mania, it's a fun ride, but in no way anything close to the best Disney has to offer.
How could any attraction that relies on large television screens be?
I can understand why some people would be disapointed.

Which makes this pathetic post even more lame.

If you are not happy with Midway Mania, you need to stop going to Disney all together. Because that's ridiculous.
If you can't enjoy that, you need to rethink Vacation Destinations.
Sounds bitter, but then again that guy/girl sounds like a snoozer of a person.
There's also a lovely ride called a park bench too. Enjoy it. Maybe only a 5 minute wait too. Seems like it's just the ride for you

Seriously.......you get that worked up over defending TSM. And fire personal insults.

Bro, your the one that needs to rethink your Disney Vacations.
Sounds like maybe you're getting a little too attached to certain attractions that probably don't deserve it.:veryconfu

S

stphnbogert

The point of the attraction is just to play a video game. The point is for the whole family to be involved. It's also has to do with children enjoying the ride (i know shocker....kids go to disney too). Kids get excited if they can play games with Rex, Woody and the gang. It's a great marketing tool. You get in a vehicle and play in front of an interactive screen with characters from Toy Story. You barely have to theme the ride and not have a lot of animatronics. It's a win-win. It's simple....if you don't like the ride dont ride it but i'm sure the 180min. wait time shows that its VERY popular for families.

plutoismyhero

Yes i can finally get excited for FE
i really cant wait to hear more about this ride. this is just what MK needs and Fire mountain and Trow but for now FE is gonna be awesome

Flip83

The point of the attraction is just to play a video game. The point is for the whole family to be involved. It's also has to do with children enjoying the ride (i know shocker....kids go to disney too). Kids get excited if they can play games with Rex, Woody and the gang. It's a great marketing tool. You get in a vehicle and play in front of an interactive screen with characters from Toy Story. You barely have to theme the ride and not have a lot of animatronics. It's a win-win. It's simple....if you don't like the ride dont ride it but i'm sure the 180min. wait time shows that its VERY popular for families.

Thank You! Perfectly said. By the way, I'll never say Toy Story Mania is the best ride in WDW. But it's a ride, it's an interactive game, families can compete and laugh together. Man, what a disappointing ride. Why is there a long wait? Maybe because it's very fun for all ages. So.. No, I won't rethink anything. If you are disappointed by Toy Story, then I don't know what in gods name you were looking for in this ride. Also.... Fast Pass works wonders. I've never waited over 20 minutes for this ride.

Krack

You can play it all you want at home for $30. It's not the pinnacle of achievement for WDI. It's got hour wait times because it's the newest attraction in the park, it's featured on loads of recent advertising, it has a terribly small hourly capacity and that small capacity is gummed up further by Disney's moronic decision to utilize FastPass there.

It's not terrible. It just doesn't aspire to be much (the ride, that is - the queue is excellent).

AEfx

You can play it all you want at home for $30. It's not the pinnacle of achievement for WDI. It's got hour wait times because it's the newest attraction in the park, it's featured on loads of recent advertising, it has a terribly small hourly capacity and that small capacity is gummed up further by Disney's moronic decision to utilize FastPass there.

It's not terrible. It just doesn't aspire to be much (the ride, that is - the queue is excellent).

Agreed.

TSM is nice and all, but I'd love to know how many of those people that do wait 180 minutes would say "OMG THAT WAS SO WORTH IT!" after the ride.

Harry Potter, it ain't.

It's a really lazy ride design, it's all video screens, and as pointed out above you can play the same exact game at home all day if you want. No, you aren't traveling on a track while playing it, but the only "ride" portion is to shuttle you between giant TV's. Could have walked through and gotten the same effect...it's quite simply the least technically stunning major attraction they have added in quite some time.

Let's home SDMT is nothing like it.

Skipper Dan

I'll have to throw my hat into the, "... the more I read about this, the more excited I get," pile. Just the fact that we're getting TWO actual RIDES, is amazing, and for it to look this interesting, makes it even better. :wave: :D

thelookingglass

I'm excited for this coaster, if its' length and excitement level is comparable to Big Thunder Mountain. If its more like Casey Jr. or something then... nevermind, but either way its still better than what they previously had planned, so its a win-win situation.
....if you don't like the ride dont ride it but i'm sure the 180min. wait time shows that its VERY popular for families.
Its not so much that its an insanely popular ride as it is that it was the only new *ride* added to DHS since Rock 'n' Roller Coaster in 1999, and the park severely lacks actual rides. Also the ride has huge capacity issues - it was not designed to carry the weight of the entire park and everyone who can't/doesn't want to ride Tower of Terror and Rock 'n' Roller Coaster. DCA has TSM too, and their wait times are significantly less.

RSoxNo1

I've bought the home version it's not as good as the ride. With that said, Toy Story Mania has several design flaws (most importantly they significantly underestimated the demand). The elimination of Fastpass would certainly cut the Standby waits, but it would be like applying a bandaid underwater. It wouldn't really fix anything - the attraction would need either a significant redesign (not happening) or additional attractions need to be added or re-furbished (Star Tours will help the waits of Toy Story significantly).

At best, Toy Story Mania has a capacity of 1200-1300 per hour. Compare that to the Little Mermaid attraction that's opening in 2012 which will have a capacity around 2400 per hour. They're two attractions that are going to be immensely popular for the whole family, but one should be able to accommodate the crowds while another is less suited to do so. Comparatively, The Seven Dwarf's Mine Train is going to be closer to Toy Story Mania for capacity but it's going in Fantasyland, which at the time it opens will have more Fastpass rides than all of Hollywood Studios.

S

stphnbogert

I completely agree. It's not the Imagineers BEST thought of a ride but it works with families. You can play the game at home but it's not the same with little kids. They want to go to Disney and play this game with their favorite characters. Eventually Hollywood Studios will get the care that it needs and we'll start seeing some more rides with 180min. wait time. But for the mean time ride Tower of Terror, Rockin' Roller Coaster, and then go see Fantasmic! lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom