September TRIPS:

couchpotatooo

Hello all since everyone else has their month for their trip our month is September we will be at the All-Star Music Sept 21-30. We wanted Pop Century but it wqs full for our days because of the free dining. Anyone else be here the same time???:wave::p:p:p:wave:

ThinkTink721

Or perhaps planning on using an AP discount rate, like I am. The AP discount at a deluxe in September has been $120ish per night the last few years, which for me coupled with the DDE makes it a far better deal than free dining.

Your milage may vary. See you Sept 8 - 16!
Will you be at WDW 9/8-9/16?
If so, that is when we are going!
:D :wave:

Upvote 0

couchpotatooo

Original Poster
WOW that's great alot of Sept trips has any body been there around the 21-30?:shrug: how busy is it in the parks then?:shrug:We did try and rebook our room from the music to Pop and was able to book it!!:sohappy::sohappy: So now the long wait. 120 days til our trip:p:p

Upvote 0

nibblesandbits

WOW that's great alot of Sept trips has any body been there around the 21-30?:shrug: how busy is it in the parks then?:shrug:We did try and rebook our room from the music to Pop and was able to book it!!:sohappy::sohappy: So now the long wait. 120 days til our trip:p:p
most people here that are going in Sept are going for free dining. I hear that in Sept (haven't been in that month yet...first time this year.) that crowds are minimal (well, as minimal as you can get with DisneyWorld)...even with the free dining offer and that the hardest thing is getting restaurants...because of the free dining. By the time you go though...free dining will be almost over, so I think crowds will be fine for you.

Upvote 0

mamasitta6

Holding on till Sept.

Hey all!! :sohappy: September is the only time we travel due to the nature of our business. Seems like over the last few years it has gotten busier. I imagine it is because of the free dining. During our times there we have had to deal with hurricane Jean, got "trapped" for an additional 5 days before we could get a flight home:zipit: Then we had the precurser to Katrina. Hot, hot, humid, humid!! So here is hoping for everyone to have awesome weather!! We will be at the CR Sept. 21st-29th. MNSSHP the 28th!! Can't wait:ROFLOL: Hope everyone is enjoying a wonderful weekend!!:kiss:

Upvote 0

couchpotatooo

Original Poster
Yeah I have heard because of free dining the parks are little more crowded. I was hoping because school has started back up that the lines wouldn't be to long. What's the wait time for rides, and how the crowds for parades and shows??? Reason I ask is this is the first time to Disney World with kids our trip is for their pleasure so I'm hoping the lines won't be to long because they won't make it in a long line 30-60 minutes long for rides. My Kids are 5 and 3 years old. But were there long enough I know they will get to do most everly they want.

:) 111 days till we see Mickey & Minnie:sohappy:
POP Century Sept 21-30
MNSSHP:goodnevil
Free Dining:slurp::slurp::slurp:

Upvote 0

mamasitta6

We seem to be going during a popular week!! :) We really were very lucky as we didn't have long waits at all. My daughters are 17,14,7 now but started to travel to DW when the little one was just 3. The longest wait we had last year was at Splash Mtn. and that was about 20 minutes. Other than that it was easily just 5-10 minutes. We did take advantage of the EMH's and the older ones just walked up to all the big rides like RNRC, ToT, TT, etc. This year we are hoping to catch alot of the shows. Any one have suggestions on how to get priority seating?? :lookaroun Oh I just thought that if you don't have your own stroller you save money if you get all your days rented together. They give you tickets for each day and you present them at the rental depot at each park. At MK they gave me a double stoller even though the ticket was just for a single because of all the stuff we were lugging around:sohappy: Hope you have an awesome time!!:wave:

Upvote 0
just booked..

I just booked a mother/daughter trip to celebrate my mom's retirement from 9/17-9/24!!! We're staying at AS Music.
Booking was weird...when we tried 9/17-9/22 or 9/23 (Monday through Saturday or Sunday) there were no value rooms available. But when we added 9/24 (Monday, which includes that Saturday and Sunday we couldn't get), there was availability? Shucks, I had to convince my mom to stay for a couple extra days.

Anyways, there's still availability at lots of restaurants, but mostly at weird times. We couldn't get Fantasmic dining @ Mama Melrose, but we could at H&V; we couldn't get Le Cellier at any point during the week, but we could get lunch at Coral Reef, etc.

So I'd say get your ADRs in, but don't stress too much if you don't have them in - yet.

Upvote 0

durangojim

We were there from Sept. 20-27 last year, the weather was great (we were lucky) and crowds were light. The lovebugs were out which made for an interesting experience. We're going back this year Sept 21-30 staying at the BC for 3 nights and WL for 5 so here's to hoping the weather's good for all of us:sohappy:

Upvote 0

u2bobbo21

We'll be going Sept. 23-30th for our honeymoon, staying at the Beach Club Villas. Is the free dining plan going to be over by this time? I've heard September's a great time to go because of low crowds, but I hope that the free dining isn't going to make it just as crowded as a July trip.

Upvote 0

2excitedkids

our family of 4 will be going sept. 22 - 28th (hubby and kids first trip were this past feb.), we have never stayed on site before, we booked originally all star sports because pop was full, but i called back the next week and was able to get pop and also a preferred location, boy i was so happy! my kids are still young and not into sports so i think the pop will be much better!

you don't want to know what i had to do to convince hubby to go back again! i will remain the perfect wife until sept. 29th!!!:cool:

Upvote 0

nibblesandbits

We'll be going Sept. 23-30th for our honeymoon, staying at the Beach Club Villas. Is the free dining plan going to be over by this time? I've heard September's a great time to go because of low crowds, but I hope that the free dining isn't going to make it just as crowded as a July trip.
yes, unfortuantely the free dining offer will be over...free dining ends on the 22nd, so if some way you can arrive on the 22nd, you'll be able to take advantage of free dining, otherwise, you won't.

Upvote 0

jjgoo

We had a little trouble with the free dining but for the most part it was not a problem. We may try to make some alterations as we get closer because we feel like some people may have double booked while they make a decision. We did however run into the Le Cellier problem of not a single spot being open for lunch or dinner the eniter week of the 15th - 22nd.

Oh well I guess we will just have to try and enjoy some other good restaraunts. We just saw in the Zagat guide for 2007 that Boma was one of the top rated restaurants in the Orlando area, so we are happy to try that out.

Upvote 0

Sirenia

@ Music 9/3-9/8

Hurricane Season starts June 1st and isn't over till November

This is my 3rd year in a row going in September, the crowds are minimal. the most we ever waited for a ride was 15 minutes. However due to free dining we had to wait at least 1 hour even with ADR's. When I called to make ADR's half the places we wanted to try (Le Cellier, Chef Mickeys) were totally booked for our whole trip.

92 days! Can't wait!

Upvote 0

zjer

I am usually a September visitor to the World, however due to a bundle of joy (or a bundle of ________ and tears), I have to wait an additional year. Personally, I hope the drop the free dining for 2008. I was ecstatic the first couple of years it was offered, but as it steadily became busier (I've gone the last couple of years), and it steadily became harder to go to a restaurant on impulse, I would rather pay for my food and have the park to myself again. Heck, it's cheaper than peak season and I don't go to save money (although it helps on my budget) - I go to avoid the crowds.

Upvote 0

SANDKRUSER

Sept. 17 - 29 - POP with free dining. I made all my ressies on April 9th, as soon as I had my reservation. Got LeCellier for dinner one of the nights. I tried to change a few reservations a couple of weeks ago and couldn't get Coral Reef or Chef Mickeys for any time, so kept what I had. I would suggest to anyone who hasn't got their reservations - do it now! Many of the places are already full. We went last year from 9/22 - 10/6. First five days were good - quiet - restaurants were full but parks were great. Second part was steadily busier - by the time we left on October 6, parks were packed - long wait times (45-60 minutes on BTM, TOT and 90 on Splash and RNRC). Evidently quite a few schools have "Fall Break" starting October 1 and it gets busier with each day. UK also has a break at that same time.

We usually would go in mid-October, which was always great but because of free dining last year - went earlier. The other thing we noticed is that it is still very hot and humid during this time (hurricane season). 92 degrees - most of the time 95 to 100% humidity. Here in Minnesota - if it's 100% humidity - it's raining! Not in Florida. So be prepared for hot and humid and more crowds as it gets closer to October 1.

Also Food and Wine Fest starts the end of Sept. - that first Friday is awful - packed with people, many of the vendors don't have it completely together yet - lots of drunks! We went last year and regreted it. If possible, stay away that first Friday - this year it's Sept. 28. Fortunately, we leave the next night so we have the day to experience some of it without going on that Friday.

I hope I didn't sound too negative - no matter what - weather, crowds, etc. - you're still at WDW - what could be better!

95 days and counting!!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

carebearsrgr8

Phew Just Booked

Well I am getting all my stuff done under the wire here but I managed to get the free dining and 5/6 days at Port. Riverside. It will be cool. After we check out were gonna use the free pass and park hopper we got and spend the day there before flying home.:king:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom