September crowds?

disney-dan

Can anyone tell me what the crowds will be like for the first 2 weeks in September? We have ADRs and all that good stuff already, just wondering what the crowds and wait times are likely to be considering the DVC class it as low season.

Thanks
DD

DisneyGigi

Early September crowds are great. Even Labor Day isn't that bad. Most rides were 5-10 minutes with the exception of Soarin' (always a long wait) and Splash after the parade. (everyone wanting to cool off.)

Upvote 0

Cheshire413

I think it's a very good time to go. My hubby and I are heading down there Sept 6-13th for our anniversary and every time we've gone to WDW at that time period, we've never had a problem with lines or anything. We were able to walk onto most rides or wait maybe 10 min. A couple popular rides had a little bit of a longer wait time but not too long. We've also been able to get into Cinderella's Castle with no more than a 30 min wait. (which for me is no big deal)

I hope you enjoy your trip!

Upvote 0

mom22monkeys

I think it's a very good time to go. My hubby and I are heading down there Sept 6-13th for our anniversary and every time we've gone to WDW at that time period, we've never had a problem with lines or anything. We were able to walk onto most rides or wait maybe 10 min. A couple popular rides had a little bit of a longer wait time but not too long. We've also been able to get into Cinderella's Castle with no more than a 30 min wait. (which for me is no big deal)

I hope you enjoy your trip!

were going that same week!! i havent been since i was 9 though and im a little intimidated by al the info to go through to have a great trip.

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

were going that same week!! i havent been since i was 9 though and im a little intimidated by al the info to go through to have a great trip.

September is such a great time of year to go...We've done September every year for the past 12 yrs with the exception of adding april in there as well as other times of the year..Sept is far by our fav time to go..Yes its a little hot( Ok pretty hot, but I love that) But there are minimal lines , everything is air-condioned, yes there are some times luvbugs, (they don't bite just a little pesky at times) ...Don't let the free dining scare you into thinking it'll be nutty...Its definatly harder to just walk up to to table service place to eat, but its not insane by any means.....Take advantage of early morning and late evening Extra magic hours , The bus service and such.....We'll be down Sept 14-21st for the Annual September trip!!!! Remember your going to Disney , pace yourself but don't overplan.....Its vacation!!! Feel free to ask any questions you might like to know....Thats what we're here for!!!

Upvote 0

donvincenzo

I went right after Labor Day last year and the crowds were great. I think the most I waited was 20-25 minutes at Space Mountain. Even Soarin' was manageable. Walked on and off Tower of Terror 6 times, and that was when RNRC was down for a refurb. Needless to say, I will be going back the same time this year...

Upvote 0

Cheshire413

Same week? Awesome! It's a great time to go and try not to get overwhelmed with all the info. A plan usually helps. My hubby and I put together a loose schedule of which parks we're going to go to, usually according to who has the extra magic hours and which day our actual anniversary lands on. (we always go to MK for that day to have our dinner at Cinderella's Castle)

Hrm...Maybe I'll bump into you while there. I"ll be the Disney nut running around with a crazed look in her eye and a cheshire grin...wait, that kinda describes at least half of the population there...

I hope you have a great trip! :wave:

Upvote 0

danirae

We will be going Sept 13th - 27th. We love this time of year. It's so much more stress free and laid back with much lighter crowds. I agree the luvbugs are a bit annoying but you get over it. The pros out weigh the cons.
We went to Disneyland for spring break two years ago and it was so crowded I ended up with a head ache everyday. We actually eneded up leaving two of the days after being there only a couple of hours. Unfortunately when the crowds are so high people start acting crazy. Never again will I go during high attendance again.

Upvote 0

DANimal

I'm so happy to have found this thread!!!
my girlfriend and i are going to WDW the second week of september and i was praying the crowds wouldn't be as hectic as the last time i went.

Upvote 0

bluebird

Hi!:wave:I too will be there in September ...the 14th -20th.:ROFLOL:I am so excited to know that the parks are not so crowded...we went in March 2008 and it was really packed in the afternoons but we went back to hotel for rest time in afternoon after lunch and went back around 3:00pm and avoided alot of people that way.We had a blast then and are expecting a great time this time too...:sohappy::sohappy:

Upvote 0

glingo

September is such a great time of year to go...We've done September every year for the past 12 yrs with the exception of adding april in there as well as other times of the year..Sept is far by our fav time to go..Yes its a little hot( Ok pretty hot, but I love that) But there are minimal lines , everything is air-condioned, yes there are some times luvbugs, (they don't bite just a little pesky at times) ...Don't let the free dining scare you into thinking it'll be nutty...Its definatly harder to just walk up to to table service place to eat, but its not insane by any means.....Take advantage of early morning and late evening Extra magic hours , The bus service and such.....We'll be down Sept 14-21st for the Annual September trip!!!! Remember your going to Disney , pace yourself but don't overplan.....Its vacation!!! Feel free to ask any questions you might like to know....Thats what we're here for!!!

We will be there the 14 - 21 also. This will be our first visit in September. We have always gone in late January or early February and had luck with the crowds. We are hoping to have the same luck this year.

In January we have noticed the past few years lots of tour groups. Are they there in September as well?

Upvote 0

Cheshire413

I've seen only a few tour groups when I've gone in early Sept. Mostly from England and they were very polite. I remember an older woman from one of the groups bumped into me at Phantastmic! by accident and she apologized profusely. I laughed it off and told her it was no big deal but she apologized again anyway. It was really refreshing to be bumped into someone who had manners. (I get bumped into a lot since I'm kinda short.)

:ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

bmoy

Sept. 22 - Oct. 2

Hello All,

Would anyone know the crowd situation during Sept. 22 - Oct. 2 2008?

Also, i've read in the newspaper today the stroller rentals are on a big rise. Would anyone know what the rates are now? I would probably be renting multiple days.

Great Forums.......Thank you.....

Upvote 0

Mic E Mous

The Best Time

I miss the good old days of fall from before there where kids and school to worry about. Labor day and the second week of Sept are the best. Hardly any waits to be found anywhere. This year I am looking forward to going down the last weekend in Sept with my sister and girl friend. We're leaving the kids home and taking part in the WWW celebration. I can't wait and my kids are insanely jealous.....what could be better!:ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom