Sept. Love Bug Forecast?

brkgnews

To the person that posted those pictures:

How long did you go without getting your winsheild washed? I have lived in Orlando my entire life and I while I admit that the last few love bug seasons have been bad, I have never seen a car with that many on them. Winshield washer fluid does wonders a lot of the time-Usually.
My guess is they hit one of those mega-swarms in the swamps off I-75.

I always laugh quietly to myself whenever I pull off the road to fill up. There's the poor tourist ( because I'm no tourist. I establish dual residency at home and WDW :lookaroun ). The man is scrubbing the living behonky out of his winshield, while wifey inside the car is tapping on the windshield to point the spots that were missed.

Thanks to my vast knowledge of love bug gut splatter thermodynamics, I know it's best to just clean off the carcasses, then wait till you get to the hotel, then whip out windex and razor blades.

Heatherbell

Ok, I consider myslef pretty observant... but I have never seen such a thing. I did not go in Sept of '06 but I did go the three Sept before then and I don't think I have ever seen these guys. I am not doubting all of you...I KNOW they exist however I guess I am not that aware....

I did see the Palmetto bugs though...eeeekkkk. I will take a lovebug over those any day.

wdwmomof3

I hate these little guys. We got into them on our way to the beach one year and our car was covered. They were so gross. I hope that this doesn't happen again while we are going to Disney. I can hear my son now saying "look Mom, that bug has two heads". :eek:

sambahat

Don't smash them. They are attracted by the scent and more will come... At least that's what I was told. We experimented by squashing a few and within half a minute, the little dead bodies were covered with them.

ngynnhu

Well right now the love bugs are gone in Orlando. They were around during June a lot. I don't think they will be coming back for a while.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom