Seperate Reservations (One Stay) Questions

Hi,

I have a few questions I hope somebody can help with:

I have a stay booked Friday August 19th - Friday August 26th 2011 at Pop Century under the Free Dining Promotion.

I want to arrive Thursday night the 18th. Now, with the new Room % Discount , I can call and book 1 night.

My questions are:
A.) Will I be able to "link" the two reservations and keep the same room or will I have to swtich rooms after the first night.

B.) When will I be able to get my park passes? Will I be able to get them first thing friday morning so I can go to the parks or would I have to wait until the 3pm check-in time?

Thanks,

John

mickeysshoes

We do this all time...I book a room only for the night before our real package begins....You can have this reservation linked to the other one. When you check in on the 18th tell the cast member that you will be checking in tomorrow and would like it at all possible to be able to stay in the same room. They will check and should be able to let you know if you will be given the same room or if you will have to move. You will have to go back donw and recheck in on the 19th...7AM and you will get new room keys with your park passes and dinning. Just make sure not to get the keys you have mixed up with the new ones. We have done this the past 2 years in 2 differnet resorts and did not have to change rooms. Hopefully you will be as lucky!!! On the 18th you will not have park passes unless you pay for a one day pass...in the past we have come in so late we did not need park passes..if you get in early take the time to tour Downtown or resort hop and jsut wait ont he parks. BTW..we will be checking in on the same day as you guys!!! But we will checking out on the 25th and boarding the Dream for 4 days!!! Have a great trip!!!!

Upvote 0

smk

Don't know about the linking, I am sure others will know. I do know that you can get your park tickets as soon as your package check in day. So, arrive Thursday and Friday morning, regardless of potential room changes etc...you can go to the front desk, and get your park tickets. At least I think that is correct....I am sure others will comment and correct me if I am wrong.

Upvote 0

BigShot2421

Original Poster
Thank you for the help.
I ended confirming wiht a CM that indeed anytime after 7am I can grab my park tickets and use them.

They also told me just as you said to mention it on Thursday when I check in and most likely will not have to switch rooms.

Thanks!

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

I'll just add my agreement to the notion that, the day you arrive, there's something to be said for taking it easy, not bounding to the parks. Travel can take a lot out of you, especially during extreme weather or extreme changes in weather. Whether you just stay at your resort poolside, or go to DTD, or check out another resort or two, you'll probably wind up enjoying your first full day onsite more, if you don't beat yourself up trying to soak in as much theme park madness that you can the second you arrive onsite. For example, you could get dinner reservations that one night at one of the monorail resort restaurants. Take a bus from Pop to MK, then take the monorail to the resort in question. Try to time your dinner reservations to coincide with Wishes, which you'll be able to see while at that resort. It'll keep you from being exhausted your first full day onsite, AND whet your appetite for the parks.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom