Sentinel - Disney World draining, filling in long-abandoned River Country pool

prfctlyximprct

506E0DD2-F979-487B-8997-289E217572B6_zps3qe6kruh.png

Saw this on Instagram! Sorry to bring back a dying thread, but thought I'd share!

OliveMcFly

Seeing that they didn't even bother to remove the pool's ladder makes me think that this area won't be re-developed anytime soon. :(

raymusiccity

Nice to see that they FINALLY did something with this. Hopefully they build something useful.

I'm being cautiously optimistic that the next DVC is a toss up between the River Country site or Caribbean Beach. Plenty of proposed plans have been leaked regarding Ft. Wilderness, .... Caribbean Beach, not so much :)

Biff215

I'm being cautiously optimistic that the next DVC is a toss up between the River Country site or Caribbean Beach. Plenty of proposed plans have been leaked regarding Ft. Wilderness, .... Caribbean Beach, not so much :)
DVC has made it pretty clear in recent years that they prefer to add on to existing properties with the infrastructure already in place. Sure River Country has some but it would still be more work than CBR (where I hope they don't go).

The pics above make it fairly clear that Disney has no immediate plans for the site, otherwise they'd be demolishing everything. Nothing to see here!

raymusiccity

DVC has made it pretty clear in recent years that they prefer to add on to existing properties with the infrastructure already in place. Sure River Country has some but it would still be more work than CBR (where I hope they don't go).

The pics above make it fairly clear that Disney has no immediate plans for the site, otherwise they'd be demolishing everything. Nothing to see here!

"Au contraire" There are many more links and articles previously posted concerning a River Country DVC than anything seen to date for CBR. You'd think there would be some preliminary plans to peruse, instead of a few mystery balloons. There were surveying stakes already observed around Ft. Wilderness to add to the mix. It looks like it would be a lot easier to green light a project that is so far along the development timeline......Probably wishful thinking on my part, but, that's what I'm rooting for :)

Biff215

"Au contraire" There are many more links and articles previously posted concerning a River Country DVC than anything seen to date for CBR. You'd think there would be some preliminary plans to peruse, instead of a few mystery balloons. There were surveying stakes already observed around Ft. Wilderness to add to the mix. It looks like it would be a lot easier to green light a project that is so far along the development timeline......Probably wishful thinking on my part, but, that's what I'm rooting for :)
You're right, it's long been rumored and had plans developed much like other abandoned projects. But do you really think they would simply fill in the pool while leaving most everything else to continue to rot?

I could certainly be wrong, but I don't think it's any coincidence this happened at the same time complimentary bug spray showed up in the parks. It may not do much good to fill it in, but it's better PR than reports of a Zika outbreak.

FWIT, I'd be happy to see a well-themed DVC here as opposed to CBR.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom