Senior Trip 2012: 2 years in the making PTR!

Hi everyone!

My name’s Rachel, and I’m new to these boards, but I figured now would be the perfect time to write my very first ever Pre-Trip Report!

As I said, I am new to this whole trip report thing but bear with me, this should be some pretty good stuff. I’m sorry in advance for any grammatical errors and long paragraphs (I can drag on a wee bit but I’ll try to avoid them as best as I can). I hope to get better as I go along and hopefully you guys will enjoy! :)

So who will be involved in this magical journey from June 18th- June 23rd you may ask?

Let me introduce you to my beautiful friends:

First off there’s the little ball of energy, Jill, aka “Jilly”. She’s 17 but once the trip rolls around she will be a big bad 18 year old. She’s planning on going to college this fall to become a vet. Jill has been to Disney twice before.

Next up there’s the quieter, yet goofy, Jamie, she’s 18. She’s going to play volleyball in college and major in either psychology or exercise science. Jamie has been to Disney three times before.

320501_2384330693535_1408785541_2841049_1202962569_n-1-1.jpg

Jill (purple dress) Jamie (pink dress)

Then there’s the artistic, crazy comedian, Annie, she’s 18 as well. She’s the one that’ll most likely be making funny faces or creeping in the background of pictures. Annie’s been my best friend ever since 4th grade. She’s going to play volleyball in college and be an art major. Annie has been to Disney World twice before.

Last, but certainly not least, there’s me. Hi, I’m Rachel, the organized, outgoing, goofball and crazed Disney fanatic. I’m 17 right now but I’ll be 18 by the time this vacation rolls around. Man we’re old.. I am going to play volleyball in college as well and probably major in Communications/PR (not sure yet..) I want to do the Disney College Program and hopefully land an intern with Disney in the future! :D

305143_291532990857402_100000021107474_1276902_1259537063_n-3.jpg

Annie (black dress) Me (purplelish dress)

Next up:
The history behind this trip! :)

PolynesianPrincess

WOAH!!! How did I miss the post with Kane, Shaw and Toews?!?! GAH!!! Loooooove Kane!! What a stud, though his actions as of late as not impressive!! lol I just ordered a new Kane pennant to go up with my Tyler Seguin one in my cubicle :) And my sis is a Toews fan. I think we have watched the Kane/Toews Lemonhead commercial on youtube a million times!! lol

YAY!!! DME stuff is always awesome to see come in the mail (side note, DME in my line of work means something totally different (Durable Medical Equipment) but I like the Disney version of DME better!! lol :lol:) I'm so excited for youuuuuu!!! :sohappy: Can I come tooo?!? :D

LeCellier.Lover

Original Poster
WOAH!!! How did I miss the post with Kane, Shaw and Toews?!?! GAH!!! Loooooove Kane!! What a stud, though his actions as of late as not impressive!! lol I just ordered a new Kane pennant to go up with my Tyler Seguin one in my cubicle :) And my sis is a Toews fan. I think we have watched the Kane/Toews Lemonhead commercial on youtube a million times!! lol

YAY!!! DME stuff is always awesome to see come in the mail (side note, DME in my line of work means something totally different (Durable Medical Equipment) but I like the Disney version of DME better!! lol :lol:) I'm so excited for youuuuuu!!! :sohappy: Can I come tooo?!? :D

I don't know how you missed it either haha, but I'm glad you saw it! :animwink: Kaner's my favorite but yeah all the news I'm hearing from his Cinco de Mayo in Wisconsin have not been good.... :( That's awesome I want to get one for my college dorm next year! LOVE that commercial! My friends and I can site the whole thing! Haha!
Haha! Yes I was VERY excited to get the Disney version on DME in the mail! Haha! :sohappy: I screamed in the car like 4 times while opening it :lookaroun
You can totally come along the more the merrier right?! Didn't you just come back from your trip?! HOW WAS IT?!

PolynesianPrincess

I don't know how you missed it either haha, but I'm glad you saw it! :animwink: Kaner's my favorite but yeah all the news I'm hearing from his Cinco de Mayo in Wisconsin have not been good.... :( That's awesome I want to get one for my college dorm next year! LOVE that commercial! My friends and I can site the whole thing! Haha!
Haha! Yes I was VERY excited to get the Disney version on DME in the mail! Haha! :sohappy: I screamed in the car like 4 times while opening it :lookaroun
You can totally come along the more the merrier right?! Didn't you just come back from your trip?! HOW WAS IT?!

My trip was AMAZING!! It flew by so fast though :( But 126 more days til I go back!!! lol

I'm trying to get the TR started but I took like 2,000 pics so I have to edit them first!! My goal is to get it up (well, the beginning anyways) this week sometime!!

LeCellier.Lover

Original Poster
LOOK AT WHAT I (ok what my mommy) BOUGHT THE OTHER DAY!! :D
d215e874.jpg

Heelloo Annual Pass! We figured this would be the best ticket to go with for me because not only will we get a smiiddge of a discount on our room, but I'm pretty sure I'll be back to the World within a year (hopefully maybe Thanksgiving?! :) )
And it is final, we will be going to IoA on Thursday, June 21st because Jill is a Potter FREAK and honestly would not be able to live with herself if she doesn't go! Haha! ONLY 18 MORE DAYS!! We're getting extremely excited!! :sohappy:

PolynesianPrincess

LOOK AT WHAT I (ok what my mommy) BOUGHT THE OTHER DAY!! :D
d215e874.jpg

Heelloo Annual Pass! We figured this would be the best ticket to go with for me because not only will we get a smiiddge of a discount on our room, but I'm pretty sure I'll be back to the World within a year (hopefully maybe Thanksgiving?! :) )
And it is final, we will be going to IoA on Thursday, June 21st because Jill is a Potter FREAK and honestly would not be able to live with herself if she doesn't go! Haha! ONLY 18 MORE DAYS!! We're getting extremely excited!! :sohappy:

YAY!! AP's are so exciting!! We realized if you go at least 10 days, thats's when you just about break even! And we will have used ours 20 days when it expires. Definitely a good deal! Don't forget to present it when you buy merchandise because some places offer a 10% discount. It's not a ton but every penny saved is good!!!

LeCellier.Lover

Original Poster
YAY!! AP's are so exciting!! We realized if you go at least 10 days, thats's when you just about break even! And we will have used ours 20 days when it expires. Definitely a good deal! Don't forget to present it when you buy merchandise because some places offer a 10% discount. It's not a ton but every penny saved is good!!!

That's awesome! Yeah it's a good shot that I'll have used it for at least 10 days by the expiration date! Haha! Oo yes my mom did mention the discount! I will DEFINTELY be using that! :animwink: :D Always good to get a discount, even if it is little it helps! Thanks!

LeCellier.Lover

Original Poster
Just a little update....
AHH ONLY 7 MORE DAYS!! :D :D
This time next week we'll be eating at Le Cellier!!
We got together on Thursday and had a sleepover (pulled a traditional all-nighter! Whoo!) and made tank tops to wear one day on our trip!
IMG_4859.jpg

Got the luggage tags and tickets!! Now I just need to make a packing list, MouseKeeping money envelopes and finish my club volleyball season and it'll be HELLOO VACAATION!! Haha! :)
IMG_4863.jpg

P.S.- Sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings, but I'm not really diggin' this new update.... It'll take some getting used to, but the only thing I dislike is how there's not a bunch of smiley emotions to choose from now?! :(

PolynesianPrincess

I'm not digging the lack of awesome smileys either! :( But we'll get used to it. Maybe they will bring th old smileys back! So jealous in a week you will be there and I'll be stuck here in boring old Maine with NO hockey to watch!! :(

LeCellier.Lover

Original Poster
I'm not digging the lack of awesome smileys either! :( But we'll get used to it. Maybe they will bring th old smileys back! So jealous in a week you will be there and I'll be stuck here in boring old Maine with NO hockey to watch!! :(
Yeah that's true! I would be SO happy if they did bring them back! :D
Haha! I'll send you some pictures via twitter! :) That's probably the worst thing is not having hockey to watch.... I guess I'll just have to stick to baseball until October. :(

PartOfYourWorld

Whoa whoa 7 days already! It's crazy!!! Told you it would come fast! And APs!!! I got one this year too since from Sept '12 and Sept '13 I'll be going 4 times!!! :) And I'll be there around Thanksgiving this year as well!!! Well a few days after anyways so crossing fingers maybe you'll be there too!!!!!

You are going to have so much fun on your trip and I looooove your shirts!!!! You better post some pictures on twitter so us sad folks back at our homes can live the magic with you! Oh and I saw on another thread you can copy paste smileys from other boards? not sure how but it was done its in the help and feedback section.

LeCellier.Lover

Original Poster
Whoa whoa 7 days already! It's crazy!!! Told you it would come fast! And APs!!! I got one this year too since from Sept '12 and Sept '13 I'll be going 4 times!!! :) And I'll be there around Thanksgiving this year as well!!! Well a few days after anyways so crossing fingers maybe you'll be there too!!!!!

You are going to have so much fun on your trip and I looooove your shirts!!!! You better post some pictures on twitter so us sad folks back at our homes can live the magic with you! Oh and I saw on another thread you can copy paste smileys from other boards? not sure how but it was done its in the help and feedback section.
I know you were totally right! It's SOO close now I can taste that Le Cellier next Monday already.... ;) Wow that's a lot of times to visit Mickey I'm jealous! OMG! Do you know the exact dates for Thanksgiving yet? I'm pretty sure we'll probably be there at the same time if my family does go! AHH that would be SO awesome! :D
Thank you! Haha! Don't worry I definitely will, my Twitter is going to be FILLED with Disney stuff just for you guys! :) Oo ok thanks I'll have to check that out! Thanks!

PartOfYourWorld

I know you were totally right! It's SOO close now I can taste that Le Cellier next Monday already.... ;) Wow that's a lot of times to visit Mickey I'm jealous! OMG! Do you know the exact dates for Thanksgiving yet? I'm pretty sure we'll probably be there at the same time if my family does go! AHH that would be SO awesome! :D
Thank you! Haha! Don't worry I definitely will, my Twitter is going to be FILLED with Disney stuff just for you guys! :) Oo ok thanks I'll have to check that out! Thanks!

Yep! It was right in my siggy :) hehe 11/25-12/2!!! Hopefully you'll be there!!! That will be awesome to meet up!!!!!!!!! You better get packin! Don't have many days left now!!!!!!

LeCellier.Lover

Original Poster
I'm pretty sure we'll be there the exact same days just about!! AAHH that would be SO fun to meet up!! :D Yeah I only have 3 days left and I have absolutely nothing packed.... :confused: Haha! I'm going to start tomorrow before my tournament!

wana.b.princess

Yay I'm so excited for ya'lls trip! I went about 3 years ago with 3 other friends and we had a blast! It was just us girls(all 18) and it was the best trip I have been on so far! My fiance and I are going in September! Tip: its okay to split up if two wants to do one thing and the other two wants to do another! We found that less stressful and kept us from getting into stupid arguments! Good luck and have fun!!!

LeCellier.Lover

Original Poster
Yay I'm so excited for ya'lls trip! I went about 3 years ago with 3 other friends and we had a blast! It was just us girls(all 18) and it was the best trip I have been on so far! My fiance and I are going in September! Tip: its okay to split up if two wants to do one thing and the other two wants to do another! We found that less stressful and kept us from getting into stupid arguments! Good luck and have fun!!!
I read your PTR actually and saw how you talked about that trip with your friends and I thought "OMG! We're about to take the exact same trip! :D" Haha! Congrats on your engagement!
Thank you for that advice! Because I definitely feel like some of us will want to take a break and go back to the hotel and rest and others won't.... Haha! We'll see, but we are all VERY excited!

LeCellier.Lover

Original Poster
Hey guys so TOMORROW'S THE DAY WE LEAVE!! :D Well, haha, if you want to count like 3 hours of sleep as tomorrow.... Have to be up in about 2 and a half hours for my parents to drop me and Annie off at the airport at 4am! Annie, Jamie and I just played 3 loonng and tiirring days of volleyball so this should be interesting given the amount of sleep we're about to get. O well it will be worth it!

I will also be sharing A LOT of photos on Twitter so if you guys want to keep up with our trip follow me at @RachieAnner :)

DISNEY WORLD HERE WE COME!! :D :D

PartOfYourWorld

I'm pretty sure we'll be there the exact same days just about!! AAHH that would be SO fun to meet up!! :D Yeah I only have 3 days left and I have absolutely nothing packed.... :confused: Haha! I'm going to start tomorrow before my tournament!

Yes it would be awesome to meet up!!!! :) Hopefully you go then!!!

And AHHH I CAN"T BELIEVE YOU ARE THERE RIGHT NOW!!! HAVE THE BESTEST MAGICAL TIME EVER!!!! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom