Senior Final Project ?

jeffk410

Original Poster
I have a research paper to do on any topic. Does anyone have any broad idea's about soemthing Disney related i could do? It has to be really broad, but enough to right a solid essay on.

BrerMouse

You could research how Walt took the idea for Disneyland into either his vision at Disneyland or how he improved upon that idea into Walt Disney World. That might be too broad though, depending on how long it has to be.

rsoxguy

I would imagine there is enough research material available to write a paper on the economic impact of WDW on Central Florida. I would be interested in reading it.

petersenjp

Project

I haven't written a paper in ages, and this topic could be a little to open ended, but maybe how Walt began his vision and design process of WDW. I always find it interesting about the false companies they created to buy the land, to scout the land, and so on.

AREM

I have a research paper to do on any topic. Does anyone have any broad idea's about soemthing Disney related i could do? It has to be really broad, but enough to right a solid essay on.

I have the perfect topic.

Animal Kingdom.

From conception, to opening day.

You can cover it from its early days as just an idea, through the construction, to the day it opened. All from the economic impact, to environmental impact.

You know there was protest over the park the opening day? Animal rights people were there. It would make a most interesting read.

And lets face it: Joe Rohde is just too cool NOT to write about.

You could write it from his perspective. Trying to convince Disney to do something with wild animals; Working day to day to make sure his creative vision was what was showing up in the parks construction.

I have always been fascinated by the 'making of' story of AK. I think it would be a great topic, personally.

krankenstein

I wrote a report (15 pages) on the marketing strategies of the Disney Company's theme park division for my intro to marketing class back during my undergrad.

jeffk410

Original Poster
wow

haha great great ideas. I am going to do a little more research ,but I will keep you guys updated. Thank you for the help! I really like the AK idea and the economic impact on central florida.

jeffk410

Original Poster
Yikes

I have the perfect topic.

Animal Kingdom.

From conception, to opening day.

You can cover it from its early days as just an idea, through the construction, to the day it opened. All from the economic impact, to environmental impact.

You know there was protest over the park the opening day? Animal rights people were there. It would make a most interesting read.

And lets face it: Joe Rohde is just too cool NOT to write about.

You could write it from his perspective. Trying to convince Disney to do something with wild animals; Working day to day to make sure his creative vision was what was showing up in the parks construction.

I have always been fascinated by the 'making of' story of AK. I think it would be a great topic, personally.

I was there maybe two weeks after opening ,but i had no clue there was a protest.

krankenstein

Wow, would make an awesome read if you still had it available / willing to make it available?

I don't have it readily available. I had a copy on a flash drive, but I lost it a few years ago. The only place I really have it is on my old PC that is storage, but not easily gotten to. I might have a hardcopy floating around somewhere. Where that somewhere is being the key question. :lol:

If I get a chance I will do some digging. :wave:

Tom

Beta Return

I hope you have grammar- and spell-check :p

stitch131313

I wrote a 25 page paper in High School on Walt's life and what kind of a person he was. Pat Williams book How to be Like Walt was a great resource

Disneyfan2000

Oh man this wouldnt happen to be called Capstone is it? we just got this in Rhode island, and i completed mine Sophmore year. it was a horriable thing lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom