Segway through Epcot tour

turkyman

As Nut4Disney mentioned, Innoventions has a section where you can do a quick mini-ride on a Segway. When I was there in May, there was no line. I sat through the intro and was the first to ride. It was pretty cool.

What else is taught in the first hour of the tour? I would think the basics can be covered in 30 minutes, tops, leaving 1.5 hours to ride around.

JEDIsney

Most of the discounts have been mentioned, but just to clarify...

Annual Passholders: 15% discount

DVC Members: 15%

AAA Members: 15%

Birnbaum Coupon: 10%

Cast Member Discount: 50% (with manager approval)
We have the Birnbaum Coupon and we're all Annual Passholders, are we allowed to use both discounts at the same time? For example, end up taking 25% off?

Craig & Lisa

Don't kill me but, what exactly is this segway tour thing?
It's where you get to ride a 2 wheeled 5 gyroscope vehicle worth about 4,000.00 around world showcase for alittle over an hour, in the morning with about 10 to 15 other people, ALOT of fun. 13 days and counting..... can't wait, CAN'T WAIT!!!!! :D:D

chucklehead

i could never tell u anything about it cuz they have weight limits on them,im not fat just big and tall,cant recall the limit but i would check into it before booking it if u are on the big side.

figment1985

I called to ask questions about reservations.. and they still had availability for early September- which is when I am going. So apparently.. it doesnt have to be TOO far in advance... unless you are going during Peak season, I'm sure.

But yeah- I am going to suprise my boyfriend with this for our 4 year anniversary. I think it's a good gift, considering it's $80 a person for 2 hrs. It's definately the memory it will make that counts.

maxime29

Premium Member
If you don't mind shelling out the money for a different experience of EPCOT, then I definitely recommend doing the Segway tour (2 hour one).

We did ours back in January of this year. First time we ever been on them. They were easy for me to pick up and learn immediately; my mom and dad took slightly longer to get adjusted, but they became fluent riders. I felt the instructors didn't help as much, but they were still nice (Don't worry Frank, you weren't one of them :animwink: ). Some of the lessons weren't nearly as important (ie: power assist mode was never put to action during the tour. This is when you are off the Segway and you use its forward/backward motion to get over steps and certain areas. Learning to back up was kind of important, but people were told to keep enough space between one another to avoid doing this.) They give you the beginners key to work with for the entire tour. Mostly it's for safety since the same knuckleheads that ride those jet skii boats on the seven seas lagoon are probably riding those Segways. It also makes your trip feel "less rushed" as I put it. They took you around some narrow areas through China, England and one other country if I'm not mistaken. Did the photo op at American Adventure with SSE in the background. At the end, we received a Disney/Segway pin.

As far as the value, Disney definitely puts a markup on it (what else isn't?). I've done a 3 hour tour of Corolla, NC and a half day tour of Annapolis, MD for a cheaper price. Plus we got to use the intermediate key which allowed us to go slightly faster and have a sharper turn speed.

Overall, I thought it was a great new experience for our family to try. Segways are still not as out there, and non-riding guests found it to be neat. It's certainly a good alternative to do this tour rather than spend the couple thousand dollars for a used or new one. We will be booking another tour come our December trip later this year.

RichS

The weight limit is 250 lbs.

How strict are they on the weight? I'm 6'4 250, my brother is 6'3 260. Do they weigh you automaticly, or are the mainly looking out for the really large type? Were going in Dec again:xmas:, and thinking of doing it. I guess we could both use to loose 20pnds lol.:zipit:

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I called to ask questions about reservations.. and they still had availability for early September- which is when I am going. So apparently.. it doesnt have to be TOO far in advance... unless you are going during Peak season, I'm sure.

But yeah- I am going to suprise my boyfriend with this for our 4 year anniversary. I think it's a good gift, considering it's $80 a person for 2 hrs. It's definately the memory it will make that counts.

See the various discounts mentioned before...definitely worth opening a Disney Visa or getting the Birnbaum book.

yeti

It's where you get to ride a 2 wheeled 5 gyroscope vehicle worth about 4,000.00 around world showcase for alittle over an hour, in the morning with about 10 to 15 other people, ALOT of fun. 13 days and counting..... can't wait, CAN'T WAIT!!!!! :D:D
Oh yeah, those things! I didn't know we were allowed to ride them. I thought it was just staff. COOL!:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom