Segway through Epcot tour

CantGoEnough

Original Poster
Hi - Just booked the Segway through Epcot tour for my trip in October. Just curious if anyone has done this and how it went - is it worthwhile to do??

MacRtst

sorry, i don't have any input on this, but...I am going on that tour in Oct also!!!! we can't wait! Oct 7-14th

dmbcrush5

The tour is great! It's mostly about using the Segways though. The behind the scenes tour of World Showcase is fun, but it more of an opportunity to use the Segway outside, rather than an informative tour of World Showcase. The one piece of advice I have is when you get outside make sure you are traveling under the "speed limit" - I think it's 5 mph. If you start to go faster it will feel as if the Segway is pushing you backwards and trying to throw you off! When I started going too fast it took me a while to get under control again, because what you have to do to slow down is kind of counterintuitive. As long as you stay under the limit you'll have a GREAT time!

DolFan

I went on the tour in March and it was great!! The first hour is learning how to use the segway. And the 2nd hour is going around the world showcase. You ride thru mostly all the pavilions and learn things about the buildings. I went on the first tour, I think at 8am. It was nice going thru Epcot with no other guests!!! I am actually thinking about taking the tour again when I go in October.

CantGoEnough

Original Poster
Segway thru Epcot

I booked the 2 hour one (1 hour learning, 1 hour riding). I'm doing it Oct 3rd, so I'll post an update on how it was afterwards. Thanks everyone!

sarajo

I've ridden a Segway at a different venue and was looking forward to doing the Epcot version on our next trip in Dec... but, unfortunately they do not allow expectant mothers to participate due to safety reasons. BUMMER!!! But, when I did ride it previously, it was a blast and I would do it in a heartbeat-- especially at my favorite place in the world!!!!

Craig & Lisa

Hopefully you'll do the morning one, because that way you get the whole world showcase to yourself. And that is really an erie thing, I did it in 2004, around the week of thanksgiving, it was a really great experience to say the least and while your touring thru WS, you also get some history, and trivia too. Then at the end they give you a pin that's one of the few that you can't buy. Enjoy!! 14 days and counting till our 2nd visit to WDW this year...........NOT SOON ENOUGH!!! CAN'T WAIT! :sohappy::D

Frank Stallone

Glad to hear all of the great reviews!

I'm one of the tour guides of Around the World at EPCOT (the Segway Tour), and it's always good to see good reviews of the tour online.

The poster above me asked how to book the tour. Just call 407-WDW-TOUR, and they'll help you out. And of course, ask for me as your tour guide!

I highly recommend the 2 hour tour (and I don't say that because it costs more). We get comments all the time from guests who have taken both the 1 hour and 2 hour experience that the 2 hour experience is well worth the money.

Like someone mentioned above, it's great to have world showcase all to yourselves. And, depending on who your tour guide is, ya might learn a thing or two.

soccer9miahamm

I have done the Segway tour at EPCOT twice and loved it both times!!! The Segways are a lot of fun to ride, and you also get to go around the World Showcase while it's fairly vacant. Your "guides" will give you interesting facts about the countries as you ride through them. I would highly recommend it to anyone who is even slightly considering it! Go for it. You'll have an amazing time!!! :wave:

JEDIsney

Glad to hear all of the great reviews!

I'm one of the tour guides of Around the World at EPCOT (the Segway Tour), and it's always good to see good reviews of the tour online.

The poster above me asked how to book the tour. Just call 407-WDW-TOUR, and they'll help you out. And of course, ask for me as your tour guide!

I highly recommend the 2 hour tour (and I don't say that because it costs more). We get comments all the time from guests who have taken both the 1 hour and 2 hour experience that the 2 hour experience is well worth the money.

Like someone mentioned above, it's great to have world showcase all to yourselves. And, depending on who your tour guide is, ya might learn a thing or two.
Thanks for the information!

I have a 10% off Segway Experience coupon from the Birnbaum's Walt Disney World 2006, and I'm planning on using it to book a tour. I just have to make sure that it's okay with my best friend's mom, who I go with (this will be our fifth time together), I don't want to book a tour without asking her first. She'll be very excited about it, but it's just the money part that might throw us down.

I'll let you know as I find out more of what's going on. But I will most definitely be asking for you as our tour guide. I sure hope things work out!

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Did you do the cheaper or more expensive one? It varies in length and the amount of time actually using the segways.

I would suggest you only consider the two hour tour. The other one is just inside and getting a feel for the Segway...you will be left wanting more.

As for discounts, in addition to those mentioned, you can also get an AP discount or one for using Disney Visa (although you can't combine them :( )

Thanks for weighing in Frank S. It really is a fun experience.

Frank Stallone

Most of the discounts have been mentioned, but just to clarify...

Annual Passholders: 15% discount

DVC Members: 15%

AAA Members: 15%

Birnbaum Coupon: 10%

Cast Member Discount: 50% (with manager approval)

FBullock

Yes, they do have a mini ride. (At least when we were there in May.) It's inside only. (We didn't do that one because of the lines.) We took the early 2 hour tour (not quite as long a Gilligan's Island) and really loved it. My wife still talks about it. The early one is great, as others have said, in that the World Showcase is almost empty except for CM who are getting the park ready.

figment1985

Most of the discounts have been mentioned, but just to clarify...

Annual Passholders: 15% discount

DVC Members: 15%

AAA Members: 15%

Birnbaum Coupon: 10%

Cast Member Discount: 50% (with manager approval)

Thanks for all your help! Do you need to make reservations very far in advance?? I am going in September and I'd really like to suprise my bf with this.

Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom