Seeking info on what you did with your baby at WDW

daverube

Hello everyone. If you feel so inclined, I'd like your info on what you did with your baby (kids under 1) while you were at WDW? Thanks in advance!!

Let me give a little background to begin with.

We usually head to WDW once a year. However, as my wife was pregnant last year (our daughter was born Nov. 8 and she is our only child [besides me]) we didn't make our usual trip to Florida. We are heading back to the family condo at the beach this July (HOT HOT HOT) and since we have an unused, unexpired day on one of our tix sets, my wife suggested that we head over to the MK. As an aside, we're staying at Poly for a couple of nights so that we can have easy monorail access.

Now, I've never been a big fan of folks taking babies to the park (especially in the HOT HOT HOT summer), but this is what it is. The wife and I are both excited to go, but want to make sure that our daughter is safe. We'll have plenty of liquids and a squirty fan, but wanted to know what y'all did with your young kids to keep them safe and semi-happy??

We don't plan on scheduling any table service meals (they aren't that good in the MK anyway), but do plan on giving the baby plenty of time out of the sun either in the room or maybe somewhere cool and deserted....like CBJ. ;)

Also, we're bringing our own stroller, which the baby seems ok with so far. :)

Thanks again for the info,

dave

mouselvrmom

We tookl our youngest when she was about 9 months old. We had antipated that she may be harder to take along than our other kids, but she was actually our easiest child.

We just pushed her along wherever we went. She would just nap in her stroller when she was tired. She wasn't very fussy about where she slept. Luckily it wasn't all that hot, so we didn't have to worry about the heat as much, but there are always plenty of places to cool down in.

We felt completely safe on rides like Pirates of the Caribbean and such. She loved them. One thing- you mentioned Maelstrom and unless they have recently changed things, that ride is restricted for children under the age of 3. So that one would be a no go. But there are plenty of rides that they can enjoy.

My little one also loved all the furry characters. I know some kids are scared, but she completely loved them. She also really liked the parades. I think it was all the colors and people. She was mesmerized. We would just have her little puffy cereal in a bag for her and she would happily sit and munch and watch.

You never know how your child will react, but whatever happens, just have fun and do what feels right and you'll have plenty of great memories!

Upvote 0

yankspy

My Son was seven months when we took him. It was rather easy. He slept in the stroller when he was tired and he was just so excited about everything. He was also too young to know fear of certain things like the ghosts in the HM which was also great. He loved the drops in Maelstrom and Pirates.

The baby care centers are also great places to unwind and get a break from the heat.

Upvote 0

dizzney

Enjoy the trip, we took our twins boy/girl at 10 months because their big brother had missed his summer trip to WDW when I was pregnant. I brought two of my kids three godmothers with us, so it was four adults to the twins (smartest thing I did) WE're DVC but stayed at the Contemporary to be on the monorail and it was great, we were able to do kid swap with the # of adults easily, my oldest who was 8 then loved getting two rides on Splash, thunder and space mountains.

We also took front carriers and had the twins in them facing forward on the sitting rides like POTC; Winnie the Pooh; Peter Pan and all others, even Kilamanjaro Safari, they just loved it, I was amazed at how much they enjoyed themselves. We didnt bring them near the characters except princesses and "real faces" since we were warned they might be frightened, got some great pic with the princesses though, and that wsa fine.

Basically be prepared, lots of water, diapers (the child care centers are great for somehting you run out of and to change the diapers and feed them); and take your time. It's lots of fun with babies, we were surprised.

P.S. They are eleven and have been another 12 times to WDW and also to DL since then. They are addicted to WDW

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom