'See Ya Real Soon' sign as you exit Walt Disney World

radiohost

Original Poster
There are certain aspects of Walt Disney World that make's my hair stand on end

Such as:

Watching the fireworks, Rope drops at the Magic Kingdom, watching Fantasmic

All these things make the hair on the back of my neck raise in excitement, but there's one thing that always does every time I see it. The 'See Ya Real Soon Sign' as you exit the property.

I always see this sign with gloom and disbelief that the magic is over, that I will have to wait a few more years to return to my most favorite place in the world. The words are perfect, See Ya Real Soon, it sticks with you, and for me is the Grand Finale of a Walt Disney World vacation.

Radiohost:cool:

That sign sent the GF and I into tears on the way to the airport when we left.

Well that and the movie they show on Magic Express. It actually was timed perfectly on our trip so Mickey said it as the sign went by. Kinda weird how that worked out.....

Kristi Kay

I know...I know. When I left my CP and I drove past that sign for the very last time, I broke out in tears! I felt like a piece of my heart was ripped out...I swear, it was very similar to the feeling in my heart when my fiancée broke up. Dramatic? Yes. But Disney hold such a huge part of my happiness....

the-reason14

I know exactly what yall mean. Its a horrible, horrible feeling indeed. And then once I get home, I feel alot of pain and it takes me a good 2 to 3 weeks to be back into the regular cycle and not be tripping about not being there anymore. Its horrible.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
That sign makes me feel the exact opposite of how I feel when I pass through that sign going the other way (onto the property...when I usually start honking the horn in celebration!). I don't really like it.

imamouse

Doesn't the sign in questions say, "See you real soon" - not "See ya real soon"?

I know what you mean - it's a pretty gloomy sight.

autumndawn1006

Slight thread drift, but I think all the great Disney signs on 75 and the Turnpike make the trip down seem so much quicker than coming back home. At least it distracts the kids and keeps them from fighting.

WEDisney

I Love this one also when you leave the park itself
SeeYaBig.jpg

Figment82

The announcement on the monorail always gets me too "If this concludes your visit to the Walt Disney World resort..."

I agree - the "See Ya Real Soon" and even the "Buckle Up" signs make me tear up - especially when I was driving away after my CP ended. But I keep going back so all is not lost. :)

Mikester71

Anybody have a picture of said sign that they could post. I never really paid much attention to it really. I know I probably should have seen it, I just don't remember what it looked like off hand. :shrug:

This is going to sound kinda obscure and not specifically dealing with the parks, but when I play WDW Explorer, something always gets me. If you take one of the guided tours and you click to leave, the tour guide tells you "Try another tour when you get the chance. See ya real soon." Always makes me teary eyed.

jmvd20

It's the monorail spiel for me....the sign is gut-wrenching, but that "If this concludes your stay" stuff gets me EVERY TIME.

That gets me too. On the first day of a trip it isn't that bad but as the days go by and you get closer to having to go home I really don't like hearing that.

I hardly ever use the term good bye - just seems to final to me. I like the "see ya real soon" a lot better, even though I still hate to see it on our trip home.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom