'See Ya Real Soon' sign as you exit Walt Disney World

irish_man

I begin to dread leaving even before I get there!

Well after reading everyone's posts and comments i'm sad already - and i've not even packed yet!!!

But the, "If this concludes your visit to the Walt Disney World resort..." on the monorail is a sad one. My wife cries every year when he walk out of MK (she insists on MK on first & final days of our holidays) and as usual I ask why she's crying, she always says cause we have to go home and we wont be back. Yet she knows as well as I do that come next summer, we'll be back!

BrittanyRose428

for some reason the sign when you leave doesnt really bother me that much, maybe just cuz i figure that i probably will be back soon, but its on the monorail "if this concludes your stay..." that really gets to me =[

WDWFigment

The monorail doesn't get me so much because it never actually concludes my trip...I still have to go back to the hotel or somewhere else, I still have a little time in WDW. The finality of the "See ya real soon" sign does me in though. Once I see that, I know the trip is over.

Champion

For whoever requested:

152091488_da28dd3a52.jpg

ThinkTink721

That sign sent the GF and I into tears on the way to the airport when we left.

Well that and the movie they show on Magic Express. It actually was timed perfectly on our trip so Mickey said it as the sign went by. Kinda weird how that worked out.....
I love the "See Ya Real Soon" sign too.
I have a photo of it at the end of my scrapbook that I made from our trip last summer.
I actually did cry when we left our resort to head for the airport.
:(

ThinkTink721

Well after reading everyone's posts and comments i'm sad already - and i've not even packed yet!!!

But the, "If this concludes your visit to the Walt Disney World resort..." on the monorail is a sad one. My wife cries every year when he walk out of MK (she insists on MK on first & final days of our holidays) and as usual I ask why she's crying, she always says cause we have to go home and we wont be back. Yet she knows as well as I do that come next summer, we'll be back!
You're wife sounds like me - 1st day MK - last day MK!:)

morgan22

I have tears welling up just thinking of that monorail spiel ..... though i always cry at the end of a trip and it starts at dusk when the lights come on and I know i won't see the castle/SE again in the daylight !!

I really love it when we leave EPCOT and the cast members all stand and wave good bye. I thought that was such a nice touch although the last time we went they didn't do that.
The monorail just sends me into a complete tailspin. I have to try so hard not to cry. Or look at DH cause he's trying to stay calm too. :cry:

disneytopdog

this kinda fits with what yall are talking about. I am bringing a newbie in Sept, staying at pofq, using Magical exp. My question is no matter where you are staying do all the buses enter the resort at the same spot? I want her to see the main "Welcome" sign with all the character cut outs hanging from it.

I know POFQ is near DTD I just dont want the bus to take a short cut and enter the resort from there. It loses the magic

Goof-Man

I would agree, what really gets me is when I am leaving MK for the last time, I will turn after getting off the Ferry Boat and look at the Castle one more time and say to myself, I will be back; but not soon enough.

disneytopdog

I would agree, what really gets me is when I am leaving MK for the last time, I will turn after getting off the Ferry Boat and look at the Castle one more time and say to myself, I will be back; but not soon enough.

On my last day...I send myself a disney postcard....Saying just that "see you real soon" it arrives about a week after I am home. It helps with the post Disney blues....I keep it in my desk at work...In fact I am looking at it right now!!!!!

EPCOT Explorer

Ugh...I hate that sign.It makes me so sad to be leaving WDW.:cry:

But at least there is still the feeling of being there that lingers for the next few days.:eek:

Erg...Double Post! Sorry about that!

Sadiebird

I've given up on being sad when I leave WDW. I used to get really upset about it, but we've been going every year now for the last 9 years, so now when we leave I just start looking forward to the next trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom