security

Thrawn

Account Suspended
I never meant to imply that the security wasn't good, just that it could never be enough. 47 square miles is a huge area. Even if they checked cars as they came in, people could still carry things in through wooded areas of the resort.

My point is that you should just get used to the security and forget about it. It will probably always be with us from now on. You can never be completely safe.

Justin149

you know what though, the world is a dangerous place. If you look at disneys tracck record with security, i think they do a heck of a good job.

-justin

poohfan

As a Law Enforcement Officer, I think the bag checks are a good idea. However, they do not check anyone's person so someone could slip a gun or small explosive device into the park that way. I know man power and Public Relations may prevent it, but if they are serious about park security they need to check more than just bags.

poohfan

Also a terorist does not follow the same set of rules as the rest of society. They will take advantage of anything they can to accomplish thier goals. I for one am glad WDW security is doing what they are. My wife and I were at WDW in April and I made it a point to thank many of the security personel for what they are doing.

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by Mr.Nutz
We always take sandwiches/snacks/drinks into the parks with us to avoid eating Disney food twice a day (for reasons of repetitiveness and cost). I know you're not supposed to do that, but we always ate them in a quiet place and it was never a problem. We used to eat our own stuff for lunch and then buy food in the evening.

Will taking food in be a problem now with the bag checking?

No problem! Since I'm the 3rd person to say he/she's brought food into the park, and security didn't bother me, I think you can be pretty sure that you shouldn't have a problem! Pack your sandwiches and enjoy your visit! :)

Invero

Bringing food and drinks into the park in not a problem at all... however, bringing Alcohol into the Magic Kingdom isn't allowed.

twilightgirl

We saw a family get stopped at blizzard beach with a steak knife in their bag... they had food in the bag and aparently wanted the knife to cut up fruit.. they took the knife away from them but didnt stop them from bringing in food....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom