Secondary sidewalk entrance to Disney's Hollywood Studios now closed for park entry

FigmentFan3

I belive Martin mentioned that the gondolas might be a "sterile" area so perhaps this has to do with pushing security out beyond them and reconfiguring the park approach.

DisneyCane

That sucks! The walk to the other entrance is a PITA. I refuse to take a tram ever since they instituted the automated safety announcements. You sit there for so long before they finally go and I don't have the patience. Especially when they play the announcement and then some idiot jumps on after boarding has been stopped and they have to play it again (in English and Spanish).

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Too bad. When I used this entrance in early January, the guy checking my bag told me this entrance would be closed soon. I treated it like any other "here's what's coming" tidbit I hear from a security guard, bus driver, ride op, or waiter and promptly ignored it. Guess this one was right.

jiddng

I've always felt they did the car/tram lanes in DHS and AK incorrectly, forcing people to cross car lanes just to get to tram lanes. When hubby had surgery a few years back, and we had a temporary handicap tag, it would be easier for us to walk into DHS thru this 2nd entrance. Having to walk around the bus area and go thru the main entrance would've meant a much longer walk for us.

mm121

From the pictures they've shown online it appears that the station will be right by the bus lot.
walt-disney-world-skyway-gondola-transportation-system-permits-filed-2-670x671.jpg
i really question this diagram

why would they connect the skyway or whatever is seculated, to the CBR, instead of connecting to the Station by the swolphin?

that route is over water and would have a direct view into the entrance of the park, rather than across the middle of the parking lot

Rteetz

why would they connect the skyway or whatever is seculated, to the CBR, instead of connecting to the Station by the swolphin?

that route is over water and would have a direct view into the entrance of the park, rather than across the middle of the parking lot
Not much to question, that is what the permits indicate.

A route over water would be an issue incase an evacuation is needed. Swolphin isn't Disney owned, why appeal to those guests?

CJR

That sucks! The walk to the other entrance is a PITA. I refuse to take a tram ever since they instituted the automated safety announcements. You sit there for so long before they finally go and I don't have the patience. Especially when they play the announcement and then some idiot jumps on after boarding has been stopped and they have to play it again (in English and Spanish).

They more recently made a change regarding that. Now, they play the safety announcements while moving so that people can't jump on. It was a good and necessary change.

mm121

Not much to question, that is what the permits indicate.

A route over water would be an issue incase an evacuation is needed. Swolphin isn't Disney owned, why appeal to those guests?
thought the permits just showed the buildings not the actual routes

well if its what their doing, its stupid, and gives zero regard to sightlines while riding said gondola

as far as evacuation, its not over water much, so could easily be reached with the right type of cherry picker, though i doubt they'd do a pod evacuation, except in the very worst of situations

walt-disney-world-skyway-gondola-transportation-system-permits-filed-2-670x671.jpg

Monorail_Red_77

well if its what their doing, its stupid, and gives zero regard to sightlines while riding said gondola

as far as evacuation, its not over water much, so could easily be reached with the right type of cherry picker, though i doubt they'd do a pod evacuation, except in the very worst of situations

View attachment 190174
I would assume that they would use the same emergency lift truck they use for evac of monorails. I also would assume that they would keep the gondola route a similar height as monorails as there is not need to go above this height. This would also support using the same evac truck.

Rteetz

View attachment 190174
The permits don't show the routes. They give a very good look at them though. I don't why you think is stupid. There is nothing that says this will be an incredibly high gondola either. Sightlines went out the window when the swan and dolphin were built.

Meeko77

I never use the trams at the Studios and always walk; it seems like no matter where I park, I always beat the tram to the entrance. It is so frustrating, as this path was such a great way to get into the park quickly.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Because this is more about a connection to easily get people from CBR/Pop/AoA to both Epcot and DHS and less about getting people between Epcot and DHS. The white line you show in your map doesn't line up with the shape of the buildings.

aladdin2007

I never use the trams at the Studios and always walk; it seems like no matter where I park, I always beat the tram to the entrance. It is so frustrating, as this path was such a great way to get into the park quickly.

agree, anymore they have it so you cant go anywhere, they want everyone cattled herded in one way and only one way.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member

I don't think that's a station by the Swolphin, just a turn. The goal is to provide transport to and from CBR (and its soon to be upscale upgrades) to Epcot and DHS, not from DHS to Epcot.

mm121

I don't think that's a station by the Swolphin, just a turn. The goal is to provide transport to and from CBR (and its soon to be upscale upgrades) to Epcot and DHS, not from DHS to Epcot.
are we sure that square at CBR is for this? seems like an odd place for a transportation station, far away from the lobby/center of the resort

at the monorail resorts the stations are convenient right by the lobby, not way off to one side, where it would require taking a resort bus before getting to the transit station

danlb_2000

Premium Member
are we sure that square at CBR is for this? seems like an odd place for a transportation station, far away from the lobby/center of the resort

at the monorail resorts the stations are convenient right by the lobby, not way off to one side, where it would require taking a resort bus before getting to the transit station

Other parts of the system don't line up without it. There is going to be a station in the north part of the resort near the new building. Not to mention that fact that it has been confirmed a number of times that the map is accurate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom