Secondary sidewalk entrance to Disney's Hollywood Studios now closed for park entry

COProgressFan

No! :cry: This is the only way I enter the park... I guess they figured they could save the cost of duplicating security and consolidating it to the main entrance. Major bummer for me!

I agree. We almost always enter this way, since we usually walk from the lot. The trams are slow and the lot isn't that big at DHS so this is usually the route we follow. Honestly, I didn't even know there was another option without crossing the middle of the parking lot. Having just looked at an aerial map on Google, I can see now there is a crosswalk allows you to go through the bus stop area. A minor inconvenience, I admit, but I hope it is marked out well. I'd hate to get up front where we used to enter and then have to turn around .

I'm hoping for some improvements to the lot at DHS. I always find that we are fighting vehicle and tram traffic while walking into the park, and we're never entirely sure where you're supposed to be walking.

rushtest4echo

Honestly I can't imagine a dumber parking situation than Studios. Between the flyover/main entry that nobody used to the clogged up back entry to the awkward bus areas to all of the pedestrian unfriendly routes to the terrible exit and blind turns out if every parking row. Cars driving through pedestrian routes and parking staff needed all over to guide xars around the mess of employee or handicap or premium or normal parking. Im shocked everyone makes it in and out of there without fender benders. Ten times more complicated than needed, and this only makes it more annoying since I rarely take trams when using guest parking. Hopefully this is part of an eventual plan to fix all of the stupid/bizarre stuff associated with this lot.

Cmdr_Crimson

Wonders out loud if the gondolas will exclusively use this entrance in the future ...

From the pictures they've shown online it appears that the station will be right by the bus lot.
walt-disney-world-skyway-gondola-transportation-system-permits-filed-2-670x671.jpg

Brad Bishop

Honestly I can't imagine a dumber parking situation than Studios. Between the flyover/main entry that nobody used to the clogged up back entry to the awkward bus areas to all of the pedestrian unfriendly routes to the terrible exit and blind turns out if every parking row. Cars driving through pedestrian routes and parking staff needed all over to guide xars around the mess of employee or handicap or premium or normal parking. Im shocked everyone makes it in and out of there without fender benders. Ten times more complicated than needed, and this only makes it more annoying since I rarely take trams when using guest parking. Hopefully this is part of an eventual plan to fix all of the stupid/bizarre stuff associated with this lot.

I'm with you, there. The other parks are laid out pretty logically. The only real oddity is the "French Curve" roads to the North of Epcot (depending on your exit, it's possible to circle over/under the road you'll eventually be on something like 3 times).

It's always annoyed me to walk from the parking lot, snaking through the bus area, before finally arriving at the entrance. The "Guest Relations" route was a much better route, though not ideal. It's just that the whole area is a mess.

Next Big Thing

I assume this a security move. Makes sense.
By making it exit only, they don't need to staff someone there to check bags or have you go through a metal detector.

I shouldn't make it sound Iike a money saving move too much though as it plugs a hole so to speak. Now everyone has to funnel in through the same entrance.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
By making it exit only, they don't need to staff someone there to check bags or have you go through a metal detector.

I shouldn't make it sound Iike a money saving move too much though as it plugs a hole so to speak. Now everyone has to funnel in through the same entrance.
They're still processing the same number of guests. So if they had two security guards over there and 10 security guards at the main area, presumably it'll just be 0 and 12 now. No money savings.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom