second week of January?

Nikkila

I am not able to book anything that far ahead yet. is the second week of january a good time? I am looking to spend as little as possible. This will be a Chrsitmas present for our family of five. I have started saving with the disney vacation savings plan. I hope to take advantage of the dining plan, but all of the planning is hard when the date is not available yet. Any advice or ideas is welcome.

cw1982

From everything I have read here, that should be a good time to go crowd and weather wise. I have read, though, that often the water rides are down for refurbishment around that time since that tends to be the time those rides are in less demand... not a deal breaker IMO, just something to think about.

You may want to consider talking to a travel agent, as they will typically be in-the-know on when the discounts will roll out and what the best deals will be. It usually doesn't cost you anything to use them either, and most are good about helping with dining reservations, etc.

Happy planning :)

Upvote 0

gooftroop5

You can book January 2015 now. You just have to call and do it. The website isn't open that far out yet. If a discount comes out between now and then you can always call and have it applied to your reservation.

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

We've been a few times around then. It's an odd thing that happens-we've experienced lots of crowds in the streets but few crowds in lines??? The only real crowds were from the Marathon or MLK Jr Day but very manageable. Splash Mountain is typically down FYI. The weather was very good two trips around 70 at the peak of each day. One year was 32 degrees every day! It's a gamble but when it's good, it's great. Happy planning!

Upvote 0

imagination30

Marathon weekend , this year is 7-11 but most of the traffic and crowds will be after race , say Monday and the week ... but other than that you should be fine ... but to be honest you want light .. Disney is not light any more ..

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom