Second Dumbo Spinner Gets Arms

Scuttle

Original Poster
Here is a photo taken on 4-24-12 showing the second Dumbo moving right along.

Attachments

• 4-24-12 008.jpg
    4-24-12 008.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 695

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I am still curious about what they are doing on the side of the tent. Was the surface we used to see temporary and they always planned to change it, of was this an unplanned change because they didn't like how things looked?

djkidkaz

Man I'm really hoping this opens before my trip is over. I'm pushing it really close! I'll be down may 5th to 12th

Scuttle

Original Poster
Man I'm really hoping this opens before my trip is over. I'm pushing it really close! I'll be down may 5th to 12th

I wouldn't get your hopes up. If I'm not mistaking it took over 2 weeks for the first Dumbo to open after they did test rides and this isn't close to test rides. I wouldn't expect anything earlier then early June. I'm getting aerials soon, so those will give us a much better idea of what's going on.

rlaeromech

Are both of the dumbos new or is one of them the old one? I could of sworn I saw an ariel showing both in place. The new one and the old one before it was removed.

Wonder why it has taken so long to do the second one. I too go in 8 days and would have loved to seen both in action.. if anything just to relieve the crowd levels.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Are both of the dumbos new or is one of them the old one? I could of sworn I saw an ariel showing both in place. The new one and the old one before it was removed.

Wonder why it has taken so long to do the second one. I too go in 8 days and would have loved to seen both in action.. if anything just to relieve the crowd levels.

The first to open in Storybook Circus was the new one, the second currently being put back together is the old one from Fantasyland.

Magic Lamp

The one being installed right now is the original spinner, which has been refurbished down to the last screw. Why's it's taken so long to do just that, I don't know, but I'm glad they are moving along with Dumbo and Casey Jr.

hockeyfran

I wouldn't get your hopes up. If I'm not mistaking it took over 2 weeks for the first Dumbo to open after they did test rides and this isn't close to test rides. I wouldn't expect anything earlier then early June. I'm getting aerials soon, so those will give us a much better idea of what's going on.

Scuttle i remember seeing on here that they had restricted the flight area around the park. Is that still in effect?

I really hope it isn't , I really look forward to your pictures. Thanks again for going up and getting them.

RunnerEd

Maybe 3-4 weeks on Dumbo.

I wonder if they will open Dumbo completely or wait until all the rest of storybook circus is ready to open.

With the installation of the Casey Jr. stuff, I would guess that the second spinner and the water play are could be open in that time frame. Then, all we're waiting for is the skin/guts of the tents and the "guts work on the tents can be done from back stage. Again, that's just a completely uninformed guess but it makes sense to me.

Baloo62

I would love to see this area (2nd Dumbo/interactive queue and Casey Jr.) completed by Memorial Day weekend. We'll be down May 26th - June 2nd and can't wait to see the progress in person since our last trip in March '11!

Scuttle

Original Poster
Scuttle i remember seeing on here that they had restricted the flight area around the park. Is that still in effect?

I really hope it isn't , I really look forward to your pictures. Thanks again for going up and getting them.

There has been a TFR around the Magic Kingdom ever since 9-11 and no it will not be an issue. You just have to stay above 3,000 feet unless you get clearance from Air Traffic Control.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
More Dumbo rises from behind the fence. This picture was right around midnight on Saturday night (5.05.12). We rode the new Dumbo and saw lots of workmen around the 2nd spinner.

picture.php

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom